Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #16
RDavis31
Kids at the park dunk on me

RDavis31 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Video of mine mentioned in Dime magazine again.

Well, arn't you Mr. Special...

you'll always be my ***** Kenji.
RDavis31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #17
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentda
ExpiredPineapples is the name of my company that makes sports/entertainment projects (old websites like thedunk.com, gotvinsanity.com and now teamflightbrothers.com, mashup cds like my JayZ and Nas ones, reedited films like The QT version of True Romance, etc) and Vincent Da is my alias on the web and under the company.

I also have a multimedia/marketing company geared towards non entertainment businesses in the works called Red Apples (take ex pine out of expiredpineapples) - so it gets more confusing.
now tell me what you have coming up next? i got your youtube page bookmarked and saw all your vids at least twice.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #18
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Love this video.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #19
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentda
ExpiredPineapples is the name of my company that makes sports/entertainment projects (old websites like thedunk.com, gotvinsanity.com and now teamflightbrothers.com, mashup cds like my JayZ and Nas ones, reedited films like The QT version of True Romance, etc) and Vincent Da is my alias on the web and under the company.

I also have a multimedia/marketing company geared towards non entertainment businesses in the works called Red Apples (take ex pine out of expiredpineapples) - so it gets more confusing.

can you list the different nba videos you made?
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #20
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Yeah Yinka Dare is the one. I remember they had some from him. So Vincent DA has two screen names that he posts mixes under? That's kind of weird.

What ever happened to Yinka dare?I haven't seen dude post since the old board when D Wade went crazy on them (Pistons) in the playoffs:
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #21
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

congrats man. Always enjoy seeing your work. Good Grooves, Good moves
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #22
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bill Walton, What a center!

His finishing moves are unbelievable and his timing and positioning are just outta sight.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #23
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

new one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTE6tOJrjlA

funny ****, i was watching the marbury mix and when i went back a page the video was up
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:44 PM   #24
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

ah Kblaze, an old school video, back when you used to try.

it's awesome.

I've noticed a lot of times people try to be too dramatic when they're making basketball mixes. attention YouTube community: not EVERY highlight reel requires the use of the Requiem for a Dream theme. these videos are able to be awesome without seeming forced and pretentious. the choice of music always feels natural. and the editing isn't forced onto the beat, it seems like it almost settles onto it naturally.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #25
vincentda
Decent playground baller

vincentda has decent reputationvincentda has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
ah Kblaze, an old school video, back when you used to try.

it's awesome.

I've noticed a lot of times people try to be too dramatic when they're making basketball mixes. attention YouTube community: not EVERY highlight reel requires the use of the Requiem for a Dream theme. these videos are able to be awesome without seeming forced and pretentious. the choice of music always feels natural. and the editing isn't forced onto the beat, it seems like it almost settles onto it naturally.

I couldn't agree with you more. The thing I try to teach people is good editing is invisible editing.

Kblaze (along with Shai and Yink Dare) are the first people to make nba mixes popular on the internet but Kblaze deserves most of the credit b/c of how many he made. He would post a great post and then attach a 5 minute video to prove his point.

I probably have the most popular video using that Requiem For A Dream theme (the one everybody including myself actually uses is the LOTR2 version of the RFAD score and mine was actually edited so it's funny when I hear other mixes using the exact version that I made) and I can't stand hearing it anymore. If you check Youtube you will see a sequel to Art of War, a football version, Vince Carter version, and a real funny parody of it made by the brilliant Birdman.

I'm also responsible for spawning all of the bad "film/trailer NBA mixes" and probably what you call the forced and pretentious mixes and there's a lot of them....but I don't consider any of mine to be that way.

Last edited by vincentda : 09-22-2007 at 02:00 PM.
vincentda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #26
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Good job man.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #27
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Kblaze (along with Shai and Yink Dare) are the first people to make nba mixes popular on the internet but Kblaze deserves most of the credit b/c of how many he made. He would post a great post and then attach a 5 minute video to prove his point.

I remember the first videos I ever saw anywhere were on little streetball sites with 10-15 members and all of them were about Vince Carter, Jordan, or Kobe. Thats it. Vince, Jordan, and Kobe. First video I made was with those low quality oldschool NBA.com avis that used to be all over the place. I quickly got bored of the same 3 players though and I guess everyone else did too. Yinka and Shai started branching out to older players and once id figured out how to find what id need thats about all I did. Of about 140-150 videos I bet 100 of them are players who are retired or at leasy way past their primes.

Im doing one now on 4-5 people all of which are retired and 2 are basically blacklisted from the league. I like to get at least one "Oh I remember" in whenever I can. I suppose it gets odd at times though. Ive done a Manute Bol video but not a Wade one....
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #28
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Great Work Kblaze

Congratulations
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: