Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Jay-z went from duo with Biggie to duo with likes of Rihanna

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    thats why i need to hear him make a record without his own (or dre's) production. but thats unlikely to happen, because it wouldn't sell as much and em clearly has a different ear for beats than i (and a lot of others) would like him to have.
    Yeah Relapse 2 inside info. says there are only a few psychotic songs, the rest is normal Slim Shady we are used to but emotional, kind of like MMLP. It's also going to have production from Just Blaze which is going to guarantee a beat different from anything he has done before. Also I saw Premo say he wants to work with Eminem for sure (I think we had this talk actually lol, me and you).

I think Em won't be on the Relapse 1 style BUT my biggest worry is that he comes back with another "Encore"...That would be dissapointing and just tear his legacy apart.

rank sentamentalist

yeah, we've had this exact conversation, possibly more than once before. it'l be interesting to hear blaze doing the second relapse - i expect to like it more than i did dre's production.

it was during the making of that BET cypher that premo expressed possible interest in putting something together with eminem. i'm skeptical. the music that the two of them have made their entire careers are pretty much diametrically opposed.

I think the OP is off base.

Jay had a duo with Mary J Blige on his first album along with biggie so what.

What I noticed is a lot of his hooks sound European...."Brooklyn We Go Hard" "A Star is Born" "Run this Town"...all the hooks are made for a bigger audience and rightfully so because he has a bigger fan base.

It ALWAYS happens when a rapper gets big....he/she makes less "Where I'm From" and more "Ghetto Techno" [gawdawful song]

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    yeah, we've had this exact conversation, possibly more than once before. it'l be interesting to hear blaze doing the second relapse - i expect to like it more than i did dre's production.

it was during the making of that BET cypher that premo expressed possible interest in putting something together with eminem. i'm skeptical. the music that the two of them have made their entire careers are pretty much diametrically opposed.
    When you say this what exactly do you mean?

as far as musically I think the best beat Em produces would never be on par with a throwaway premo beat...in addition, premo's beats are sort of like Em's in that they have that 'boom-bap' and are very formulaic.

rank sentamentalist

as far as musically I think the best beat Em produces would never be on par with a throwaway premo beat
    i'd tend to agree, although i don't think i've been exposed to as much premo as you seem to have been. i've barely breeched the surface of his gangstarr work.

but yeah, both guys seem to have formulas - its just that premo's formulas are more difficult to follow, require more creativity, and churn out much better sounds. eminem's beats tend to sound lazy and repetitive. four notes, one after the other after the other after the other, and then loop. and its always that exact same type of melodic progression. even if i don't really know the words to adequately describe it, i know its there.

when i say the sounds are diametrically opposed, i literally mean they are essentially polar opposites, as far as hip hop beats go. i'm not really sure how to put that into specific terms though. i mean, theres obviously the commercial vibe you get from em's production, as opposed to the underground vibe you get from p. but that description doesn't really do the difference justice. yeah, i'm not sure. we would need a beat enthusiast like tetris or andgar to actually formulate that distinction into real, understandable words.

but seriously, could you imagine em spitting over this? or this even? holy jesus. even some of his biggie joints or d'evils would be super dope. i'll admit some of premo's jazzier stuff wouldn't really mesh with em's style, but hes got some flat out creepy atmospheric production that would just go perfect. hell, em should do a remix over dr. octagonecologyst. now that would be f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]ked up.
    Last edited by RidonKs; 11-29-2009 at 01:28 PM.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Biggie rose from the dead and recorded with Miley Cyrus.

It's cool.

Damn i never knew, I got to check for this