Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Mad Men Season 7 Discussion

The final season premieres tonight. Not sure how many fans of this show we have on here. But here's a thread to discuss the final season.

It will be broken up into two parts like the final season of Breaking Bad.

Banned

Default Re: Mad Men Season 7 Discussion

Me and the wife are gonna watch the last two episodes of last season to refresh a bit. Gonna watch tonights episode as well but my expectations are tempered. I have trouble watching single episodes of mad men. It tends to be methodical in pace and storytelling so it's difficult to get a viewing rhythm. Still like it but prefer watching it in bulk.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    #teampetecampbell
    #CampbellGinsberg2016
    #NOTGREATBOB
    I hope Pete dies in the final season. A horrid cruel agonizing death. #GuiltyPleasures #TeamWhittman

Strangely, i am more interested in how the relation between Don and his daughter is right now. He seems to have butchered every connection he has at work and with his wife. His daughter and maybe Betty are the only things people who still care about him.

Oh, and Peggy is going to be very interesting this season. I hope.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

I really liked last seasons ending. Going to be interesting to see what happens to the Don and I think we can all assume at the end he gets some sort of rebirth and he's finally comfortable with who he is.

Or he just commits suicide/runs away

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Damn. Really good episode.
    Damn happy to hear it

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    Strangely, i am more interested in how the relation between Don and his daughter is right now.
    I'm mostly still hoping Hendricks gets them out before the series over. But it isn't going to happen is it?

But yeah I haven't watched it in a while but the last episode I saw was where his daughter caught him sleeping with the neighbour. That was awkward.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

who's gonna die? I mean someone's gotta die. I can just feel it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    who's gonna die? I mean someone's gotta die. I can just feel it.
    Dons wife moved into Laurel Canyon..given the history of that place, if it were anyone it could be her.. Particularly with all that Sharon Tate talk last season.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Weak episode. At least, not one of the more interesting openers. Did enjoy the concept of Don pitching through Fred Rumsen.

That said, Mad Men after GoT is a good way to cap off the night.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I intend to catch up tonight. I do Game of Thrones because it has no commercials and record whatever the AMC show is.

I've also decided to commit to Silicon Valley for at least a few more weeks, and then watched a recording of Bar Rescue, which is a nice way to shut down because it's so relaxingly consistent. Taffer calls someone an idiot, talks about Branding, then tells everyone how proud he is of them after knowing them for 45 minutes.

Has anyone watched Turn on AMC? I recorded the pilot and never even watched it.

I'm actually just getting going streaming Friday Night Lights on Netflix. I've heard tons of good stuff, but had never even seen an episode. So far pretty solid. The production quality is outstanding. Coach and Mrs. Coach are spectacular. As is Daughter Coach and Backup *** QB1 Matt Saracen. I'm still not positive, but the now crippled former star QB Streeter also seems pretty solid. After that the acting starts to get pretty ugly. Minka Kelly is terrible. She is world class gorgeous, but she's a terrible actress. And the hunk guy, Riggins, who's had a few shots now on the big screen, is awfull too. Incredibly, Minka Kelly is the second hottest chick on the show, as the girl who plays Tyra, Adrianne Palicki, is somehow hotter, and that's with Minka really being more in my wheelhouse as far as type goes.

And as bad as I think some of the acting is, a little bit falls on the writing. They're really straining what even the best young actors can do by setting up one major teen drama scenario after another. It's really crazy emotional manipultion. And I know I dig that to a degree, but this is nuts. And in addition to that, watching it in long form back to back to back as I am, there's some dialogue ticks that I pick up on that makes it seem sloppy. Week to week they may be less noticable. They's said the phrase "all do respect ... " probably a record number of times.

Overall very good though. Great when it's working, cringe worthy when it's not, but so far it works a lot more often that it doesn't. And I'm only done with most of season one.

Coach and Mrs. Coach make me want to go out and make a difference in the lives of youngsters.

I really enjoyed the episode. It wasn't great but it was good. It's going to be extremely interesting to see where this is going.

Also @ thorp, Friday Night Lights is one of the best.

I hope there isn't a dragged out divorce arc of the sort between Don and Megan, i just have no investment left in their relationship. It should just fade away.

Thinking about it, the only woman on the show who would have been good for Don was that Doctor woman from the season before he married Megan.

I am waiting for Peggy and Don to meet up. It promises to be electric.

And i am waiting for Betty. She has become very interesting to me since that episode where she and Don got together in the cabin.

Pete is actually a young Roger right now, he is in a good place. I don't know what they are doing with Joan or Roger, but i hope they aren't just side-characters and get more interesting screen time.

Oh, and i'm i the only one who wants Stan to fu** the hell out of Peggy?

Good second episode. Glad to see Sally back in the picture. Peggy is losing her shit.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Good second episode. Glad to see Sally back in the picture. Peggy is losing her shit.
    Plus Joan is moving on up.