Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Why dont america do more for the homelss?

hey im just wonderin rite now if it would be a good idea durin a reccesion to raise taxes on the middle class to help provide apartments n things for ppl livin on the street? i think its pretty gualing that in america we have ppl making 50 or 60 thousand dollars in a year when some ppl are literally scrapin change. some of these ppl have kids n families. i mean i just think its greedy that if u have the luxury to work 40 hours a week at a tech company that u can fill ur new honda wit gas n go out to eat at applebees n watch directTV n stuff when ppl are seriously just lyin in the street.

is it a good idea to raise more taxes from like 50 to 100 thousand $ earners so we can give ppl more help? we r gonna raise the high income taxes back pretty soon to help the middle class. they dont get the option of donatin it or nothin the govt just gonna say 'no middle class (our voters) r more important than rich' n frame it like its some nice n necessary thing but if thats how we feel n make the rich out to be greedy, shoudl we apply the same mandatory relief increases for the lower class who usualy dont vote?

or is it not bout principles n just bout 1 way hipocracy where the middle class can say 'rich r greedy n should give more, but.... well its different for us compared to homeless, thats totally different. bc i dont wanna give my money away. its only the rich that r greedy'

what u think?

Default Re: Why dont america do more for the homelss?

Quote Originally Posted by martycrane

hey im just wonderin rite now if it would be a good idea durin a reccesion to raise taxes on the middle class to help provide apartments n things for ppl livin on the street? i think its pretty gualing that in america we have ppl making 50 or 60 thousand dollars in a year when some ppl are literally scrapin change. some of these ppl have kids n families. i mean i just think its greedy that if u have the luxury to work 40 hours a week at a tech company that u can fill ur new honda wit gas n go out to eat at applebees n watch directTV n stuff when ppl are seriously just lyin in the street.

is it a good idea to raise more taxes from like 50 to 100 thousand $ earners so we can give ppl more help? we r gonna raise the high income taxes back pretty soon to help the middle class. they dont get the option of donatin it or nothin the govt just gonna say 'no middle class (our voters) r more important than rich' n frame it like its some nice n necessary thing but if thats how we feel n make the rich out to be greedy, shoudl we apply the same mandatory relief increases for the lower class who usualy dont vote?

or is it not bout principles n just bout 1 way hipocracy where the middle class can say 'rich r greedy n should give more, but.... well its different for us compared to homeless, thats totally different. bc i dont wanna give my money away. its only the rich that r greedy'

what u think?
    Um, depending on what part of the country you're in, you're not living an extravagant life if a family's income is 50-60k.

But I'd rather spend some federal money fixing our problems than creating problems in other countries, that's for sure.

Banned

survival of the fittest

You're about 15 right?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Um, depending on what part of the country you're in, you're not living an extravagant life if a family's income is 50-60k.

But I'd rather spend some federal money fixing our problems than creating problems in other countries, that's for sure.
    Agreed i'm struggling at 90k and single.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You're about 15 right?

haha u made a similar comment inthe other topic i started, i notice neither time u got an opinion to give. if im 15 by comparison u must be 6. i got a daughter ur age maybe u 2 can be friends. share trainin bras wit each other when the time comes. if any of the guys on this site start hittin on u let me kno sweetheart n ill call the police, i bet the jailbet is pretty temptin 2 some of them.

i actually feel bad beefin wit a girl on the internet but damn if u cant have a real discussion just stay in the kitchen! ur givin ur gender a bad look. (lol no offense to any of the other girls. i think my daughter literally is smarter than this chick)
    Last edited by martycrane; 07-17-2012 at 12:31 PM.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I make about $20,000 and I'm doing fine.

I do with my parents, however. That's the only struggle.
    haha u made a similar comment inthe other topic i started, i notice neither time u got an opinion to give. if im 15 by comparison u must be 6. i got a daughter ur age maybe u 2 can be friends. share trainin bras wit each other when the time comes. if any of the guys on this site start hittin on u let me kno sweetheart n ill call the police, i bet the jailbet is pretty temptin 2 some of them.

i actually feel bad beefin wit a girl on the internet but damn if u cant have a real discussion just stay in the kitchen! ur givin ur gender a bad look. (lol no offense to any of the other girls. i think my daughter literally is smarter than this chick)
    I'm 99.9% sure he's a guy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    I make about $20,000 and I'm doing fine.

I do with my parents, however. That's the only struggle.

well damn if u alrdy got a place to live and u makin 20,000 witout havin to pay rent, u definitely should pay higher taxes to help the homeless man. if someone who make 500,000 has to pay more to help some1 makin 85,000, u got the same advantage by comparison on someone makin 100 bucks a year inchange at most. so why the inconsitnency?

I'm 99.9% sure he's a guy.

oh lol well i thought it was a chick cuz of the pic underneath his name, i guess the guy wit the alonzo pic aint really alonzo mourning tho either haha

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

May as well. The taxes that are raised mainly go to the rich who write the laws for congress and the president to pass and sign in, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by code green

I grew up in a house in that income bracket. Both my parents are teachers and were making a combined $70K-$90K most of my life. They've been teaching long enough now that they're both making $50K+ a year but when I was younger and they were making a combined $50K-$60K money got really tight once or twice a month when certain bills had to be paid.

It does help we live in Arkansas where the cost of living is really cheap compared to a lot of other places in the country.

There's no way you have a steady job, a kid, and pay taxes.

Because we're greedy. Everybody wants the latest apple product but no one wants to buy an apple for mr wendall.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    There's no way you have a steady job, a kid, and pay taxes.

yeah b theres a big time way, cuz i man up. dont act like im a gift to the world n i go to work, keep the lights on at home n food on the table, an im tryin to figure out how to work my way up to a better life which requires participation n stayin informed. so thats what im doin n thats my mission.

ur like the opposite, actin like ur some gift to every1 but u got nothin to say. ur just hangin around like a bird flitting in perchin on the shoulder of a bunch of ox that r plowin thru the damn fields wit brute strength. ur the flitty lil bird man. just standin there chirpin while every1 else gets er done.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

why can't said homeless man get a job?

He was provided a free public education in the greatest nation on earth. He has access to all kind of free government aid as it is.

He knew the laws before he was incarcerated. He had a chance to learn. He can receive more than enough food stamps or welfare to live. If he gets off his ass and walks to the public administration building.

Middle class is working hard enough to provide the luxuries of hard work to their kids and instill that work effort into them. They need not carry anymore of a tax load. We all need less taxes and more work ethic. Government can't fix shit, the people have to.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
    Agreed i'm struggling at 90k and single.
    you need to manage your money better