Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Is Lebron boring?

The man puts up stats that doesn't seem to be organic. I'm quoting someone from another thread. His stats seem to be force or he make's it look so easy. If he's making it look so easy than he's really underachieving. Guys like Kobe, Magic and MJ were overachievers. They played the game like superheros.

I believe an all time great is suppose to play with flash and flare. Showmanship is what gets you to an all time level. A guy like Duncan puts up great stats but he has no showmanship. It's required in the game of basketball. Basketball is entertainment.

Lebron to me, is a textbook player. He's that boring biology textbook. The all time greats were The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Art of War and Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Lebron could be our current era specific player.
    Last edited by 9erempiree; 05-24-2013 at 08:46 AM.

High School Starter

Default Re: Is Lebron boring?

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    The man puts up stats that doesn't seem to be organic. I'm quoting someone from another thread. His stats seem to be force or he make's it look so easy. If he's making it look so easy than he's really underachieving. Guys like Kobe, Magic and MJ were overachievers. They played the game like superheros.

I believe an all time great is suppose to play with flash and flare. Showmanship is what gets you to an all time level. A guy like Duncan puts up great stats but he has no showmanship. It's required in the game of basketball. Basketball is entertainment.

Lebron to me, is a textbook player. He's that boring biology textbook. The all time greats were The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Art of War and Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Basketball is a sport. The point of sport is to win. Showmanship doesn't come into it. And I hate to break it to you, but a tale of two cities is deathly dull.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased_one

Basketball is a sport. The point of sport is to win. Showmanship doesn't come into it. And I hate to break it to you, but a tale of two cities is deathly dull.
    Basketball is entertainment. You cannot put up stats and expect to be a great player. You have to "wow" the fans.

Showmanship counts. If it didn't than MJ wouldn't be considered one of the greatest of all time next to Kobe and Kareem.

High School Starter

Basketball is entertainment. You cannot put up stats and expect to be a great player. You have to "wow" the fans.

Showmanship counts. If it didn't than MJ wouldn't be considered one of the greatest of all time next to Kobe and Kareem.
    You don't get extra points for entertaining play.

MJ is in the GOAT conversation because he was one of the best players and winners ever and sustained that for nearly a decade. Not cause he pulled out great dunks.

Kobe is not in the GOAT conversation (even his most passionate stans put him 4th). He is at the very best 8th (behind Russell, wilt, bird, magic, Jordan, shaq, Duncan).

No, but Kobe's a bit bland.

Banned

You don't get extra points for entertaining play.

MJ is in the GOAT conversation because he was one of the best players and winners ever and sustained that for nearly a decade. Not cause he pulled out great dunks.

Kobe is not in the GOAT conversation (even his most passionate stans put him 4th). He is at the very best 8th (behind Russell, wilt, bird, magic, Jordan, shaq, Duncan).
    You do get credit for entertainment value. The playoffs this year has been low and it's no surprise Kobe and the Lakers are not in it.

Duncan and Lebron, who are boring players, have brought down the ratings of the league.

You need to be exciting to get people to remember you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher

You just reminded me how stacked Miami is. Look at that 12 man rotation.

Take Lebron off Miami and insert Kobe. They never lose to Dallas. All those guys were once 1st and 2nd options.

No, he's not boring. He's good at basketball.

High School Starter

You do get credit for entertainment value. The playoffs this year has been low and it's no surprise Kobe and the Lakers are not in it.

Duncan and Lebron, who are boring players, have brought down the ratings of the league.

You need to be exciting to get people to remember you.
    Ratings are down because people like watching no defense. To a casual fan, the GOAT may be based on entertainment. But to an expert, it has no bearing whatsoever on it. To me, the GOAT is the person who I would take first overall in an all-time draft.

Also, I disagree that LeBron is boring. Consistent, yes.

Take Lebron off Miami and insert Kobe. They never make the finals.
    Fixed

Banned

Ratings are down because people like watching no defense. To a casual fan, the GOAT may be based on entertainment. But to an expert, it has no bearing whatsoever on it. To me, the GOAT is the person who I would take first overall in an all-time draft.

Also, I disagree that LeBron is boring. Consistent, yes.
    If that was the case then you would take Lebron over Jordan?

High School Starter

You just reminded me how stacked Miami is. Look at that 12 man rotation.

Take Lebron off Miami and insert Kobe. They never lose to Dallas. All those guys were once 1st and 2nd options.
    Being a former first option means nothing. In 2004 kobe had a team with shaq, payton and Malone. That's 4 of the 20 greatest players of all time together.

High School Starter

If that was the case then you would take Lebron over Jordan?
    Absolutely not. Jordan was a championship level player for a decade. LeBron's got a way to go to match him.

Banned

Being a former first option means nothing. In 2004 kobe had a team with shaq, payton and Malone. That's 4 of the 20 greatest players of all time together.
    I would blame Shaq since most people here consider him the leader of those Lakers.