Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: David Blatt is an awful coach

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    W

Well Blatt and Thibs probably dont know coaching as good as you do tbh, so lets cut them some slack.

You telling me that some of us here can't work out coaches weaknesses?

overreaction thread from last night's bad game.

blatt is a very crafty coach, his motion offense is very nice. The cavs don't just win on talent, they win by getting great shots.
    he also calls some nice plays after timeouts.
    asked his front-office to trade for the exact pieces needed by the cavs and to get rid of talented but dumb dion waiters
    made lebron buy in, and that is not easy.
    made kevin love buy in for the good of the team, imo he is using love properly even if his shot is not falling this season (love is getting alot of open looks, just not converting).

It's actually mind boggling how a coach with zero NBA experience takes a completely newly formed roster with big expectations, changes the team on the fly and still has a top 5 record in the league. Also since he tweaked his team he has THE best record in the league, golden state included.

lol awful coach

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    overreaction thread from last night's bad game.

blatt is a very crafty coach, his motion offense is very nice. The cavs don't just win on talent, they win by getting great shots.
    he also calls some nice plays after timeouts.
    asked his front-office to trade for the exact pieces needed by the cavs and to get rid of talented but dumb dion waiters
    made lebron buy in, and that is not easy.
    made kevin love buy in for the good of the team, imo he is using love properly even if his shot is not falling this season (love is getting alot of open looks, just not converting).

It's actually mind boggling how a coach with zero NBA experience takes a completely newly formed roster with big expectations, changes the team on the fly and still has a top 5 record in the league. Also since he tweaked his team he has THE best record in the league, golden state included.

lol awful coach

Amazing. This guy is doing so much with so little.

Has to be a shot at the COY. Who has done more with less?

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Amazing. This guy is doing so much with so little.
    Has to be a shot at the COY. Who has done more with less?
    others had talent and failed due to not being able to coach. D'antoni and mark jackson are great examples. And they had NBA experience. Or what's his name that coaches the lakers and said 3p shots are bad. Or scott brooks. These are bad coaches.

Then there is you run of the mill coach. Some of them hide behind talent, like Doc rivers that couldn't draw a gameplan to save his life or tom thibodeau who makes the same mistakes over and over and over again, destroying careers in the process. Others don't have the luxury.

Look at the cavs games.
    They move the ball alot, they search for the open man with great ball movement.
    They get something out of delladova, james jones, marion's corpse & joe harris.
    They are getting alot out of thompson because they are using him better.
    They are using mozgov perfectly, he is putting career stats.
    They are also letting lebron rest alot, to be fresh for the playoffs.
    They are posting love and also using him as a lane opener, he is just having a bad shooting year (the open shots are there).
    They are a very good defensive team, overloading the paint many times while staying on the shooters, with only mozgov and lebron being plus defenders by themselves, so it's a team effort.
    They had some of the most beautiful offensive TEAM performances this year against some of the best PO defenses (vs sa, vs memphis, vs golden state).

Saying that blatt is an awful coach without even watching the games is asinine ... an adjective you are more than acquainted with you clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    At least that's what ISH told me 12 games into his NBA coaching career
    why did you make this thread after his team didnt score the last 3 and a half minutes of a game they led by one

luckily for him, sixer choked at the FT line

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

cavs have just played 20 out of 25 games on the road and they didn't get up to play one of the basement dwellers of the league.

who cares.

Blatt is a good coach in the sense he has a brilliant basketball mind. The issues with him thus far are that:

1. The local press HATES him. Cavs fans love to bag on windhorst for whatever reason, but in all honesty the cavs local beatwriters seem to be hellbent on making blatt look bad. They constantly take shots at him. But, Windhorst wrote a nasty piece on kyrie last season and he's fat so.....

2. buying in. Do a bunch of self entitled spoiled NBA stars wanna hear how to play basketball from this guy? Probably not, but that's a constant problem that runs throughout the entire league. The only way to cure it is to let blatt coach and gain more and more expirience.

I don't think his rotations has been a problem. Cavs have been winning games and I think they have the best record since the allstar break. He's not rigid with rotations, and if he was, you'd have people complaining that he can't change things on the fly.

Kevin Love hasn't been right all season back wise and Blatt isn't playing the guy extended minutes. As for timo not playing the fourth, I think Blatt likes the strategy of staying small in the fourth and letting Thompson's energy wear opposing bigs out towards the end of games. It's been working.

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    others had talent and failed due to not being able to coach. D'antoni and mark jackson are great examples. And they had NBA experience. Or what's his name that coaches the lakers and said 3p shots are bad. Or scott brooks. These are bad coaches.

Then there is you run of the mill coach. Some of them hide behind talent, like Doc rivers that couldn't draw a gameplan to save his life or tom thibodeau who makes the same mistakes over and over and over again, destroying careers in the process. Others don't have the luxury.

Look at the cavs games.
    They move the ball alot, they search for the open man with great ball movement.
    They get something out of delladova, james jones, marion's corpse & joe harris.
    They are getting alot out of thompson because they are using him better.
    They are using mozgov perfectly, he is putting career stats.
    They are also letting lebron rest alot, to be fresh for the playoffs.
    They are posting love and also using him as a lane opener, he is just having a bad shooting year (the open shots are there).
    They are a very good defensive team, overloading the paint many times while staying on the shooters, with only mozgov and lebron being plus defenders by themselves, so it's a team effort.
    They had some of the most beautiful offensive TEAM performances this year against some of the best PO defenses (vs sa, vs memphis, vs golden state).

Saying that blatt is an awful coach without even watching the games is asinine ... an adjective you are more than acquainted with you clown.

i would rep you if i could. don't mind the idiots. some people simply don't have brains that work.

Decent playground baller AkronAngel's Avatar

I can't believe I am saying this, but I miss Erik Spoelstra.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA

i would rep you if i could. don't mind the idiots. some people simply don't have brains that work.
    thanks. the rep system is broken here, there are literally hundreds of trolls just repping other trolls.

i think 10% of the people posting here actually watch games