Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Era

DAMMIT, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Here it is another failed year for this guy as the lead player on his team. Now it's been three years since Shaq has left, and frankly, I'm fed up with the unwarranted public adulation this guy receives. For all intents and purposes, this guy has turned into the Kevin Garnett of the guard position. No rings...no significant postseason victories...no signs of being able to elevate his teammates to a championship level, and yet I have to hear people like GOBB easily say that Kobe is the best player in the NBA without a slither of hesitation. Now I'm here to say...F*CK THAT, NOT ANYMORE!!!!

Im telling you, this is where the buck stops. This guy has had three years to justify his ranking amoung the elite of the All-Time Greats and he simply has not done it. This guy is going on 30 years old and he hasn't even gotten out the first freaking round of the playoffs by himself. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!! Stop telling me about injuries. Stop telling me about the depth of the Western Conference. STOP!!!! PLEASE, JUST STOP. It's time to call a spade a spade.
    Last edited by PleezeBelieve; 03-04-2007 at 06:58 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validat Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Era

This'll be good.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Era

ok, for one, i agree with you (hope god forgives me)

is kobe top 10 in the league ? yes

the best ? no

"easily" the best as his groopies claim ? get the phuck out of here with that

Local High School Star

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validat Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Era

Kobe is proof that the best player on earth doesnt always equal the MVP award.

35. ppg season. 81 point game. all nba first team all defense first team. if he takes these guys to the playoffs this year is pretty amazing also.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Era

Is this the same type of challenge you put out to GOBB? Don't disappear from this one too.

Word. In a "where does Kobe rank all-time" thread, homers were saying that he was top 25-30. Kobe isn't even in my top 75. Without Shaq he's nothing.

Decent playground baller lbj4kb8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve

This guy is going on 30 years old and he hasn't even gotten out the first freaking round of the playoffs by himself. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!! Stop telling me about injuries. Stop telling me about the depth of the Western Conference. STOP!!!!

Relax man, we haven't finished the year yet. He may not win it all this year, but theres a good chance he'll get out of the first round if they play the Jazz (which is possible). That match up looks favorable for the Lakers if Odom can get back. Besides, a one man team can't win it all. Jordan didn't even do it. He had Pippen. Who does Kobe have? Smush, Walton, Cook, Kwame all have careers because of him. Get better role players around him and see what he can do.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    Word. In a "where does Kobe rank all-time" thread, homers were saying that he was top 25-30. Kobe isn't even in my top 75. Without Shaq he's nothing.
    Name 75 better players retard.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

i could at least name 30-40 better, but you of course being a kobe fan would disagree with me.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    if you call loki homer, then ok.

and name 75 better...actually ill make it easier, name 30 better.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Er

35 points per game. I'm not a Bryant fan either but there's no point in arguing with reality.

Local High School Star bleedinpurple's Avatar

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Er

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve

Here it is another failed year for this guy as the lead player on his team. Now it's been three years since Shaq has left, and frankly, I'm fed up with the unwarranted public adulation this guy receives. For all intents and purposes, this guy has turned into the Kevin Garnett of the guard position. No rings...no significant postseason victories...no signs of being able to elevate his teammates to a championship level, and yet I have to hear people like GOBB easily say that Kobe is the best player in the NBA without a slither of hesitation. Now I'm here to say...F*CK THAT, NOT ANYMORE!!!!

Im telling you, this is where the buck stops. This guy has had three years to justify his ranking amoung the elite of the All-Time Greats and he simply has not done it. This guy is going on 30 years old and he hasn't even gotten out the first freaking round of the playoffs by himself. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!! Stop telling me about injuries. Stop telling me about the depth of the Western Conference. STOP!!!! PLEASE, JUST STOP. It's time to call a spade a spade.
    Another stupid thread by a ***** displaying b-ball ignorance.
    Even Pat Riley just said, on national TV, that Kobe is in MJs class (not MJ, but up there..and that no one else in the game today can be discussed in that category).
    But to the point of ignorance. The Lakers made the playoffs, against EVERY pundit's prediction, despite being among the youngest team in the NBA, despite being in complete re-build mode. That alone is enuf to give Kobe the props he deserves.
    So stop hating and give the guy some credit. Heck, even his colleagues say he is the all-around best in the game today.
    What, he has to win a championship again (but now with a cast of injured mediocre players) before he gets respect?
    Stupid thread.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

going on 30 and hasn't made it out of the first round on his own? that statement basically blames bryant for the fact that he joined a shaq-led team as a rookie. it's not his fault he played next to the greatest center of a generation for the first 7 years of his career. in his three years since shaq left he hasn't made it out of the first round. so what? the west has been a beast, and his team has been marginal, especially before phil came back. actually, jordan won an mvp before he made it out of the first round (he got past the cavs on "the shot" that same year). i'm not saying that kobe's the best in the league, but i know you can't totally discredit him because he hasn't won a playoff round without shaq. he played his role brilliantly on those three title teams, executing the offense as needed, and killing teams at the end of games as shaq's free throw problems reduced his effectiveness. anyway, at least the lakers aren't dominating the finals anymore

Superstar

this is some stupid sh!t: "validate post-shaq"...why are kobe's years wiith shaq go discounted. wtf? no other player gets this kind of treatement.
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 03-04-2007 at 07:10 PM.