Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Dwight: 5 shots a game. Why?

I need honest answers if possible.

First off, I didn't watch the last couple of Laker games, so I really don't know the answer. All I did was taking a look at the box score. I saw Kobe having had really bad games, too many shots, awful shooting. That's fine, in the sense that I can understand it. It's happened in the past plus he is 34.

What I don't get however, is that with Steve Nash on the team, Dwight Howard took 5 shots in 30 minutes. Meanwhile, another big, Gasol has taken 14 shots in 25 minutes. Dwight also took 8 FTs which translates to 4 more attempts and Gasol 4 FTs for 2 mre attempts. Still, Dwight 9 FGA in 30 and Pau 16 FGA in 25.

Why is that? It's not the first time this has happened in the last few games. It's a trend. With Steve Nash, who is more than capable of getting the ball to literally anybody.

Why is not Howard getting/taking more shots?

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight: 5 shots a game. Why?

Dwight sucks

Foul trouble

watch the fken game.

Teams just foul him when he gets the ball around the hoop. He also seems to turn the ball over a lot when he tries to dribble from the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
    Dwight sucks
    He is not any worse than a 37 year old Shaq was. And Shaq took lots of shots with Nash in the lineup. I honestly don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Foul trouble

watch the fken game.
    He still played 30 minutes He should be getting more than 1 shot every 6 minutes.

Stern's lap dog

He gets stripped a lot and I'm not exaggerating. It seems to happen about 3 or 4 possessions down in the post each game. He misses free throws obviously. He also commits offensive fouls quite often. Lastly he seems to be clueless in the post and often gets the ball down there but does nothing with it. But outside of all that I think he should be getting more shots. I don't think they pass it too him enough, but i understand why his team mates would be reluctant to give it to him.

Cali Love

because he's a blackhole on offense can't pass can't finish can't make his ft's get stripped everytime he attempts a basic postmove

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Foul trouble

watch the fken game.
    I sometimes do (more often than not), but it's 6 AM here and I'm 39 with chilldren. So I cannot watch every game, therefore I ask for some input. I know I'm a sinner though.

thats 5 shots too many . every time dwight gets the ball something bad happens

I don't get picked last at the park anymore togaed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    He still played 30 minutes He should be getting more than 1 shot every 6 minutes.

He gets the ball every 6 minutes and needs an open court to work with. If anyone is near him, he gets stripped or fouled.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    I sometimes do (more often than not), but it's 6 AM here and I'm 39 with chilldren. So I cannot watch every game, therefore I ask for some input. I know I'm a sinner though.

Sorry for being disrespectful , i was extremely pissed because the Lakers just lost but yea, foul troubles prohibited him from playing more minutes

7-time NBA All-Star

He looked absolutely terrible tonight. He didn't capitalize on the opportunities he did have, he's not dominating defensively anymore, his athleticism doesn't seem close to where it was, he looks disinterested at both ends, he picked up 5 fouls, and I think all of them were stupid, unnecessary fouls, plus I have no idea what D'Antoni is trying to do with him. He suddenly tries to establish him in the post in the second quarter with very little success. If he wants to get Dwight going, try to establish him early, not in the second quarter when he's barely touched the ball.

I can't believe this is the same player I saw 2 years ago, or even last year. He was completely invisible. The only positive thing he did was get Chicago's front line in foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    He is not any worse than a 37 year old Shaq was. And Shaq took lots of shots with Nash in the lineup. I honestly don't get it.
    Shaq looked much better offensively when he was 37 than Dwight does at 27. He's actually scoring more and outshooting Dwight 61% to 58% and even 60% from the line to 50% with 1 less turnover. Shaq's problem at that point was defense.

'cause the Lakers aint a good fit for him. Put Dwight in the Nets team and hes averaging 25ppg, 15rpg, 3bpg on 60% FG.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamingdoom
    He gets stripped a lot and I'm not exaggerating. It seems to happen about 3 or 4 possessions down in the post each game. He misses free throws obviously. He also commits offensive fouls quite often. Lastly he seems to be clueless in the post and often gets the ball down there but does nothing with it. But outside of all that I think he should be getting more shots. I don't think they pass it too him enough, but i understand why his team mates would be reluctant to give it to him.
    OK, his conditioning is not as good as it used to be. He is not that quick. Can't jump that high. Can't run that fast. Coming off a major surgery this I can understand. But why is he getting stripped more than in the past?

He must be doing something really wrong if Clark gets 13 shots in the offense and he gets only 5. Nash is a great passer he is able to get him the ball. So what's going on here?