Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups widowmaker's Avatar

Default Re: Who do you think is THE most over rated player in the league?

kobe is just slightly overrated at this point due only to his age. anyone who really watches the game has him rated about right. the issue is weather he himself will overrate himself. will he adapt his game to continue winning (because thats what he is, a winner=cant be overrated) or will he go down in a blaze of glory trying to average 30 ppg?

Kobe is a great player... but 1st team ALL NBA and 1st team ALL Defense this year?

Rose has also become overrated... but that's more from the initial hype level he's getting from the "who's hot" media. Unless he wins it all this year, that hype level will fall over the summer.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Rose.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    There's no problem in overrating the best player in the league.
    Not to mention his defense being wildly overrated, after being just underrated defensively two seasons ago ...

He's clearly lost quite a few steps, and now is merely in the larger discussion of best player in the league.

He had a whopping one true season where he was the unanimous best player (2010)

In 2009, for any knowledgable fan ... Wade was right there with him ... and although he was on the decline, Kobe was still in that conversation as late as 2009. Basically making it a three way race.

And I can't sit here and emphatically call someone the best player in the league, when he might not even be the best player on his own team. That's just ludicrous.

So whether it's situational, whatever you want to draw it up to ... he's merely part of the conversation now. But it's his nut hugging stans that can't acknowledge or willing to admit the obvious decline. He's not the clear cut best player in the league. Otherwise at the end of the day, if even he felt that way ... he wouldn't have tucked his tail between his legs and went to Miami.

Flip, Game Over.

This is going to be fun.

1. Carlos Boozer.
    2. Gilber Arenas
    3. Jason Kidd
    4. Amare Stoudamire
    5. Steve Nash
    6. Lebron James
    7. Kobe Byrant
    8. Ray Allen
    9. Dwayne Wade
    10. Joe Johnson
    11. Vince Carter
    12. Baron Davis

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Not to mention his defense being wildly overrated, after being just underrated defensively two seasons ago ....
    What the hell, LeBron is easily one of the most versatile defenders. I don't know why you keep saying he's overrated in fact he's being underrated.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Kobe's only overrated if you still consider him Top 3. But nobody believes that. Not even his retarded fans.

I'd say the most overrated right now is LeBron. He's still widely considered the league's best player and that's simply not true.

'Melo's another very overrated player. Keeps getting called a 'superstar' and 'best scorer' when he's never produced on that level.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I'd say the most overrated right now is LeBron. He's still widely considered the league's best player and that's simply not true..
    Human Error,

From the mouth of a LeBron stan.

Sincerely,

Sam Swoosh

Very good NBA starter

in my opinion , Howard is a candidate.... and the fact that 10 different people will jump down my throat after this post is kind of what I'm talking about.... it's not all about his offensive and rebounding numbers.... there's more to it.... in the playoffs for every 1 assist he had, he turned the ball over 10+ times and fouled somebody 8+ times. that's not good for any position and that's not all on teammates. One of the best in the league sure, but any of the top-5 players in the league can be overrated to death, it's not just him but I think being the best at his position means "best in the game" to alot of folks.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

LeBron's D is one thing that's not overrated, actually. He's every bit as good as they say he is. Fully deserving of First Team All D.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    LeBron's D is one thing that's not overrated, actually. He's every bit as good as they say he is. Fully deserving of First Team All D.
    Deserving of 1st team absolutely ... I'm talking about the way people talk about him on these boards. Some shmuck named DMAVS41 called him an all-time great defender the other day. With only 3 consevutive seasons of above average defense.

Learning to shoot layups

everyone

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

too many fan agendas and player hard-ons out there. seriously i've never realized that just because you live ina certain area of the world you defend your side / team / player by any means possbile, even if it's putting other great players down and making lies.....pathetic if you ask me.

if i had to say a person it would be carlos boozer. he's had one good game against atlanta that i've seen where he went 8/10 or the likes......other than that he's been on the bench.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    if i had to say a person it would be carlos boozer. he's had one good game against atlanta that i've seen where he went 8/10 or the likes......other than that he's been on the bench.
    Dud has been horrific all year long ..

Kobe
    Kendrick Perkins