Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Dave Mirra dead: Bmx Legend Dies At 41

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Macho Man by far the second smartest poster in here behind me. These are strange times.
    you copied word for word his comment from the other thread. Don't be silly prime, earning a loser's praise is not worth dismissing your own values.

So if you continued your binge drinking, you're saying it would not be selfish? Drink away bro, I'm sure your wife and kid will agree with you.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    . Wether you agree or not, any level headed person with a healthy emotional life will tell you this.
    well obviously. but those who commit suicide are generally not to never level-headed and many times have some sort of chemical imbalance or mental issues that lead to their decision.

theres soo many other factors involved, and while asking for empathy is an impossible task, understanding that its not so "black and white" isnt

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    you copied word for word his comment from the other thread. Don't be silly prime, earning a loser's praise is not worth dismissing your own values.

So if you continued your binge drinking, you're saying it would not be selfish? Drink away bro, I'm sure your wife and kid will agree with you.
    Drinking and drug use while parenting is selfish, i agree with that.

Maybe Mirra was a selfish, idk

But blanket labeling all parents who commits suicide as selfish is fckboy logic, macho is right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    well obviously. but those who commit suicide are generally not to never level-headed and many times have some sort of chemical imbalance or mental issues that lead to their decision.

theres soo many other factors involved, and while asking for empathy is an impossible task, understanding that its not so "black and white" isnt
    You just explained the "why" to suicide. I understand that, and there's no changing that. there are a variety of reasons that lead people to commit suicide, but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't selfish to do so. Wether you're on the entire spectrum of anti depressants or have a substance abuse problem, the fact remains that taking your own life is still selfish. You're giving up because you can't take it anymore. As fcked up as you may be, you are still making a decision.

But blanket labeling all parents who commits suicide as selfish is fckboy logic, macho is right about that.
    Thats funny that he says its fckboy logic. He's the real fckboy of IsH, jumping into every thread trying to white knight every situation.

Apparently i am the only isher with values and principles. I'll show myself out of this thread.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Suicide is a complex issue and isn't black and white

"Selfish loser you don't think suicide is selfish so you're selfish"

Fvkboy logic

it is just cringeworthy to read your mind because it's so f--king obtuse and weak.

you just don't get it because you are a 45-year-old loser who runs away from responsibilities, always quits, makes sad excuses, and refuses to fight and take on any kind challenges. this philosophy of yours just stinks. it sucks for sports, and it sucks for life. it's just a loser mentality that's wrong.

i don't care if you wake up and hate every single second of your life. if you have two young daughters, it ain't just about you.

if you hate it so much that you take have to take out your life, you are just quitting on everyone, not just yourself. you are being a selfish father to your children, a selfish husband to your wife, a selfish son to your mother, a selfish coward to everyone around you.

if you have issues, seek help. if that doesn't help, seek more help. and if you tried everything and nothing in the world works, well shit, just be a stronger man and f--king deal with the struggle and fight everyday for the sake of your daughters because IT AIN'T JUST ABOUT YOU. if it hurts to do so, f--k it, you have a family and two kids. you just have to sacrifice for them and search harder to fix this. if you think solutions to your problem might damage your pride, F--K YOUR PRIDE. just swallow it and do what you have to do to get through.

suicide is the most irresponsible and inconsiderate thing you could do to the people who love you and need you.

it AIN'T just about you.

Very good NBA starter

So... yes, you'd rather someone you love suffer so you don't have to deal with loss

But I'm the weak one

Hmm

you're such a wuss of a man.

it's a blessing you have no kids.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Macho Man don't do it its ok

Damn this hits close to home. I went to school with Ryan Nyquist, who was best friends with Mirra. Dave will forever be considered a legend of BMX.

Mirra also had a few serious head injuries throughout his career, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was indeed suffering from a mental illness because of head trauma. 41 years old man, that's tragic.

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Exhibit A of people haVing a narrow, dumb perspective on that matter
    No, YOU have a very narrow, dumb perspective on the matter of this. "Oh we don't know why he KILLED HIMSELF, mental issues because he was once the best bmx and now he's not so he's sad ".

Him putting himself to "rest" was more important to him than sucking it up and staying around to raise his girls, gtfo.

How can you respect that, no matter what the reason is he killed himself? It's different if he didn't have kids or his kids were already grown, but even then suicide bro?? How does someone come to the conclusion that the only way to ever feel better is to end your life?

Mental issues could be a problem, but do they really just shoot up like this out of no where? No pun intended.

I turned out almost perfect
    Stop using the my dad is dead card. We all got problems. For instance, I'm hungry right now but I'm too lazy to get food

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    I read a local NC article on his death and one user commented under the article saying "crazy, my wife was in rehab with him a couple weeks ago"

so there's a good chance he had some drug/alcohol problems, the article only had like 6 comments so it wasn't a troll looking for attention
    possibly but there's people who commented saying they can't think of any reason but drugs. and even if he was in rehab that doesn't mean that's why he killed himself. people here don't know him, don't know what issues he's faced or had in his life. just because he's been successful in his career doesn't mean he's happy or not had other problems in his life

Banned

People passing judgement on ANYONE committing suicide when they don't know the person personally is ****ing stupid and just makes them look like wankers. You don't know the person. For all we know he could have been getting abducted by aliens EVERY night and anally raped for hours on end while being forced to watch kardashian shows. You just don't know what's going on in someone elses life or head when you've never even met the person.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Committing suicide is the easy/cowardly way out. Was he terminally ill and just couldn't bare the pain anymore...doubt it. You don't do this when you have a young family. That's like saying "F, you" to your kids.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    Committing suicide is the easy/cowardly way out. Was he terminally ill and just couldn't bare the pain anymore...doubt it. You don't do this when you have a young family. That's like saying "F, you" to your kids.
    If you're mentally ill then you're not you.

Assuming he just said "f you kids" is retarded.

Mental illness takes your sanity away.