Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Lebron james in his athlethic prime

Default Re: Lebron james in his athlethic prime

But what you guys gotta remember is he's a post up layer now, he bulldozes people with his size. He's more of a power forward/guard now.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    But what you guys gotta remember is he's a post up layer now, he bulldozes people with his size. He's more of a power forward/guard now.
    He has gained weight and look sluggish at time. His first step in Cleveland was fast has hell and even through he was slightly slimmer he was still the biggest SF so he still got to the the line. I find it stupid that people think 12-13 LJ is way better 09-10 LJ. He has a better team. That's about it. He can post up more now, but back then his athletic ability didn't call for that. Just like 1990 Mj. His stamina, first step etc.... was elite and didn't really need a Post game. He was chasing down blocks in the open court and still had enough stamina to avg 29ppg.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    He has gained weight and look sluggish at time. His first step in Cleveland was fast has hell and even through he was slightly slimmer he was still the biggest SF so he still got to the the line. I find it stupid that people think 12-13 LJ is way better 09-10 LJ. He has a better team. That's about it. He can post up more now, but back then his athletic ability didn't call for that. Just like 1990 Mj. His stamina, first step etc.... was elite and didn't really need a Post game. He was chasing down blocks in the open court and still had enough stamina to avg 29ppg.

Lebron shot 56 percent last year. Plus he's proved to be more clutch later in his career. How do you expect lebron to lose weight? his body matured.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

He's 24 there. His current athleticism is appropriate for his age (29). This isn't 2011 or 2012 anymore. He has regained plenty of his old ability since last season. Now about 85% the athlete he used to be back in Cleveland.

And I don't think anyone has argued current LeBron is much better than his '09 and '10 self. The debate could go either way. He IS definitely smarter and more skilled though. Does that make up for the loss in athleticism? I don't think it matters much. His current ability is better suited for the team he plays on now.

But what you guys gotta remember is he's a post up layer now
    Yeah....no. This is the first season he has actually shown a desire to play down low, but sees too much attention to ever actually execute any back-to-the-basket moves. Prior to this season? Simply never posted up. And why people think otherwise is beyond me.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Lebron shot 56 percent last year. Plus he's proved to be more clutch later in his career. How do you expect lebron to lose weight? his body matured.
    LJ shot 56% because he was cherrypicking shots because his team was that good. Give 09 LJ 13 Heat and tell him cherrypick and he does the samething. LJ was clutch in his cle days. He was also leading the league in 4th Q scoring for a while. LJ started being looked at bad in 10 because they claimed he quit.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    He's 24 there. His current athleticism is appropriate for his age (29). This isn't 2011 or 2012 anymore. He has regained plenty of his old ability since last season. Now about 85% the athlete he used to be back in Cleveland.

And I don't think anyone has argued current LeBron is much better than his '09 and '10 self. The debate could go either way. He IS definitely smarter and more skilled though. Does that make up for the loss in athleticism? I don't think it matters much. His current ability is better suited for the team he plays on now.

Yeah....no. This is the first season he has actually shown a desire to play down low, but sees too much attention to ever actually execute any back-to-the-basket moves. Prior to this season? Simply never posted up. And why people think otherwise is beyond me.
    LJ started posting up in 12 not tgis season. It has been increasing ever since.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    michael jordan is much better

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    People think otherwise because they watched him do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpkCofW4gUA

Pretty good reason id say.

Hes had games for years where he would just decide to post up a lot. Cant say why...but it was fairly obvious when he did it.

I dont think thats even the only time he did it vs the Bucks. That wasnt the game I remembered him doing it but it was the first that came up.

Check out the LAST dunk in this video (vs Philly). Hardly any effort, almost free-throw line dunk... 2012-13 season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BSBwzPxHyA

I still don't get how people cant admit he's not quite as athletic as he once was. Straight up fanboy denial, or bandwagon fans who didn't watch younger Lebron

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    Check out the LAST dunk in this video (vs Philly). Hardly any effort, almost free-throw line dunk... 2012-13 season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BSBwzPxHyA
    I never said he wasn't athletic still. He just not at the level of athleticism and stamina he had in Cle. He is a athletic freak. Him losing a step doesn't mean he can't dunk anymore. Look at Mj from 87-90. He was still a freak in 92 and 93, but he just didn't have the same burst/stamina.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

That dunk vs philly wasnt good enough to end that video with. He will probably be able to do that at 40. Doctor J did it at 47.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

He still had great athletecism last year, but yeah it wasn't legendary like it was in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    I still don't get how people cant admit he's not quite as athletic as he once was. Straight up fanboy denial, or bandwagon fans who didn't watch younger Lebron
    No one is denying he is less athletic. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize how irrefutable that is. But from there, to begin suggesting he is a shell of his former self, athletically... even saying he has ''lost a step'' is a little dubious imo.

He is slightly less explosive, with ever so slightly less hops. I'd argue he's retained his athleticism to a greater extent than the average player over 10 years. I'd say Jordan's drop-off (athleticism) was slightly more pronounced between his rookie season and the tail end of the first three-peat.

I would nonetheless like to see Bron shed 10 pounds - Just because I can't really see what the downside would be. He'd still be stronger than 90% of NBA power forwards at 240.