Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Andre Miller A.K.A. Richard Pryor The Most Underrated?

i don't think Miller is that bad but most underrated

he can't even start for most teams he's played for. coaches always seem to lose faith in him. Felton got PT over him in Denver, and he was in the doghouse for the longest time in Portland as well. he seems to always get put in a coach's doghouse or ends up playing backup to someone else where ever he goes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    He's very underrated. You can argue to what degree.

he can't even start for most teams he's played for. coaches always seem to lose faith in him. Felton got PT over him in Denver, and he was in the doghouse for the longest time in Portland as well. he seems to always get put in a coach's doghouse or ends up playing backup to someone else where ever he goes.
    He was traded for Felton. I believe the only time he hasn't started is this year and when he first went to Portland before taking Blake's job away. Not sure he was in the doghouse in Portland either. He wasn't happy coming off the bench as he's not now. Karl always loved him. He wasn't happy when they traded him for AI.

George Karl said he is top ten ALL TIME.

NBA Superstar

oh lol i didn't know karl loved him like that. i would had sworn he played backup to somebody in Denver, thought it was Felton.

altho i do know he was going thru some drama in Portland where Nate kept benching him.

oh lol i didn't know karl loved him like that. i would had sworn he played backup to somebody in Denver, thought it was Felton.

altho i do know he was going thru some drama in Portland where Nate kept benching him.
    Miller wants to be the starter. Historically, if he is either not starting or if he has to share minutes to the point he's not getting enough, he acts up verbally. He's quiet disruptive (he's not Bynum holding press conferences) but it is part of his act.

He was never benched. He went there and Blake was the starter. He let McMillan know he thought he won the job in pre-season. McMillan let him know what he thought. Eventually he started for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Miller wants to be the starter. Historically, if he is either not starting or if he has to share minutes to the point he's not getting enough, he acts up verbally. He's quiet disruptive (he's not Bynum holding press conferences) but it is part of his act.
    Has he shared minutes other than this year and his first year in Portland? It's understandable that he wants to start. He's starting talent. Blake is ideally a back-up and he was once Andre established himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Has he shared minutes other than this year and his first year in Portland? It's understandable that he wants to start. He's starting talent. Blake is ideally a back-up and he was once Andre established himself.
    He's whined at times. Not saying he's a career malcontent but if you've followed him, he's has some incidents where he has been vocally unhappy - more than once.

dont compare this shithole to the great richard pryor

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    His only bad year. Speaks more of that franchise than anything I'd think.
    this is what i'm thinking...

i never like it when a player seems to dislike a franchise, but there has to be a reason.. Miller have always showed love and respect for Denver, even when we decided to bring him of the bench

and i'm really suprised how so many dislike Miller

I LOVE his oldschool style when creating his own shot, I LOVE that he's a pass first PG and I LOOOOVE the fact that he's missed 6 games his entire career.. a true warrior

you gotta have respect for that.. and #10 all time in assists is also pretty amazing

Still.... hope we go in a different direction next year, because he takes the ball out of Lawson's hands too often.. Not a knock on Miller

Andre Miller isn't top 30 all-time as far as PGs go.

#10 in assists all time, but not top 30?

THATS who he looks like, I kept thinking he looked like someone but couldn't put my finger on it

LA guy, I like any LA guy except Pierce. He's played the same way since his cleveland days, then his clipper days. And he's always been under the radar. Just goes about his business and does his PG thing