Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default No agenda thread: When was the last time a superstar had this good a supporting cast?

Curry is obviously a superstar, the GOAT shooter, and is having another MVP year, but when was the last time a superstar player had this much talent around him???

Klay - All-Star, 20 ppg scorer, elite shooter, Top 5 SG
    Dray - All-Star, probably the most versatile PF ever
    Iggy - Elite defender, versatile player, one of the best 6th men
    Bogut - Elite rim-protector, nice rebounder, skilled passer
    Barnes - Athletic SF who can shoot and at times create for himself
    Livingston - One of the best back-up PGs, solid size, can defend, & has nice post moves
    Speights - One of the best mid-range shooter in the league
    Barbosa - Still very quick & could score
    Ezeli - One of the better back up centers, nice defender

If that is not stacked, I don't know what is.

Default Re: No agenda thread: When was the last time a superstar had this good a supporting cast?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Curry is obviously a superstar, the GOAT shooter, and is having another MVP year, but when was the last time a superstar player had this much talent around him???

Livingston - One of the best back-up PGs, solid size, can defend, & has nice post moves

Built a bully.

Default Re: No agenda thread: When was the last time a superstar had this good a supporting cast?

Lebron on the Heat.
    Spurs currently.
    Durant/Westbrook Thunder team.

Just a bunch recently. Only difference is Curry is better than all of the other top guys on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Lebron on the Heat.
    Spurs currently.

Just a bunch recently. Only difference is Curry is better than all of the other top guys on the team.

To answer the question, I'm not sure a superstar has EVER had this much help. All I know is if Curry doesn't win it all this year it will be the biggest choke in the history of sports.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Lebron on the Heat.
    Spurs currently.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

Just for comparisons sake... let us use Durant's Thunder, or Westbrook's Thunder and see where we get comparing the two...

Durant/Westbrook are both far and away better than Klay.
    Ibaka, Adams, Dion Waiters give you a similar mix of Draymond, Bogut, and Iggy.
    Enes Kanter is a way better version of anything the Warriors get in terms of down low or off the bench scoring.
    Between Payne, Augustin and Morrow you have a solid rotation of guys that can help out off the bench too.

I just don't see how all of a sudden these guys became hot shit overnight.

I remember when people were trying to say Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis somehow made the Heat more stacked. It was a f*cking joke at the time, and it was a f*cking joke now. These are all pieces no one wanted. I mean, you're listing Barbosa as if everyone was out trying to get him... lol

Lebald right now on the Cavs

Lebald on the Heat

Duncan on the Spurs

Cp0 on the Clippers

All in the last few years

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    I'd honestly still take Ginobili over everyone off of GSW's bench.

Banned

Just for comparisons sake... let us use Durant's Thunder, or Westbrook's Thunder and see where we get comparing the two...

Durant/Westbrook are both far and away better than Klay.
    Enes Kanter is a way better version of anything the Warriors get in terms of down low or off the bench scoring.
    Between Payne, Augustin and Morrow you have a solid rotation of guys that can help out off the bench too.

I just don't see how all of a sudden these guys became hot shit overnight.

I remember when people were trying to say Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis somehow made the Heat more stacked. It was a f*cking joke at the time, and it was a f*cking joke now. These are all pieces no one wanted. I mean, you're listing Barbosa as if everyone was out trying to get him... lol

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

This good? It's debatable, but I'd say the 2013 Miami Heat. They already had won the title but then they added on Ray Allen of all people and just were perfect. Warriors actually built their team from the inside though, bringing FA role players and not FA superstars which makes their team incredibly impressive. Still though, LeBron>

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035

Lebald on the Heat
    this

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

They are a very good supporting cast but I don't think they are THAT great. Curry is the guy who sets the tone for the entire team with his optimal play. He attracts the attention of the D and frees everyone else up. Sure, this is probably a 2nd round exit team without Curry but with him, a GOAT level team. Never underestimate the positive impact a transcendent talent can have on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035

Lebald on the Heat

Duncan on the Spurs

Cp0 on the Clippers

All in the last few years
    Thunder fan and you won't admit you've consistently had the most stacked team over the last 5 years as a whole.