Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is Wade the 3rd best shooting guard of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by redridinghood
    I still like TMac, hehehehe, but I'd go with Wade for 3rd only because he hasn't achieve as much/close to Kobe. Might change my mind if he does win a couple of rings though, despite the fact that Lebron might take away the attention of Wade winning his future rings

And about West, I'm just wondering how many of us here did witness him play? He may or may not be 3rd, but I didn't see him play before so no comment
    I doubt anyone on this website actually saw any of Jerry West when he was playing, people are just using the statistics, video and accolades he collected and measuring it against other greats.

Saw a basketball once redridinghood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    I doubt anyone on this website actually saw any of Jerry West when he was playing, people are just using the statistics, video and accolades he collected and measuring it against other greats.
    How do you rep someone anyway? I seem to have limited access, oh well.

Stats, videos and accolades are good references to how good he is, but only to a certain extent, I would very much prefer to only judge if I see him play. Who is to say Drexler is any worse than Jerry West, I have never seen both, so I shall keep it to myself. And not forgetting, DIFFERENT ERA DIFFERENT RULES DIFFERENT MENTALITY DIFFERENT TRAINING METHODS do play huge roles in this as well

Quote Originally Posted by redridinghood
    How do you rep someone anyway? I seem to have limited access, oh well.

Stats, videos and accolades are good references to how good he is, but only to a certain extent, I would very much prefer to only judge if I see him play. Who is to say Drexler is any worse than Jerry West, I have never seen both, so I shall keep it to myself. And not forgetting, DIFFERENT ERA DIFFERENT RULES DIFFERENT MENTALITY DIFFERENT TRAINING METHODS do play huge roles in this as well
    I agree that it's only effective to a certain extent but when comparing eras this is all we have. West was one of the best of his era and Wade is one of the best of his, therefore if we are to decide who is superior we must use whatever evidence we have available.

Saw a basketball once redridinghood's Avatar

I agree that it's only effective to a certain extent but when comparing eras this is all we have. West was one of the best of his era and Wade is one of the best of his, therefore if we are to decide who is superior we must use whatever evidence we have available.
    +1

To each own buddy, :) You do have your own point and I respect that. :)

Very good NBA starter

Wade will never surpass Kobe or West.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Scoring is the only thing? Try passing too. One of the best passing SGs of all time. Maybe the best.

Oscar Robertson

Flavor of the month? Give me a damn break. How was last year a debacle? He had another terrific year. I don't know what you define as a great year, but he's had more than two. Just because the guy isn't scoring 32 points a game doesn't mean he isn't having a great season. Wade is a much more complete player than a lot of the other stars in the game, he plays more defense than Iverson ever did.
    He's a great player. But top 3? I just think he has a ways to go. At one time I believe he was on pace and has the talent to be top 3. But he hasn't done it yet.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Wade and West are interchangeable at 3 and 4.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Dwyane Rose
    I honestly can't think of anyone that could take that position other than Jerry West.

In my opinion it's:

Jordan
    Kobe
    Wade
    West
    Drexler

Iverson was a point guard, like Derrick Rose is.

What will it take for him to surpass Jerry, Kobe and whoever else you think is above Wade? How many rings, MVPs, FMVPs, etc. will Wade need to be #1, # 2, #3 if you think West > Wade?
    How is Dr J not on that list?

4th as of now. West and Kobe are interchangeable at #2. If he keeps on piling up rings, accolades, and legendary playoff performances, then he'll end up 2nd.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor
    How is Dr J not on that list?
    He's usually considered a SF.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Wade is probably 4th. I just don't see what makes him so great. His accolades are thhe ring, finals mvp and the scoring title. But in all honesty, he's had two great seasons. What's so special about the 3-4 injury plagued years? The so-so to terrible records? The debacle that was last year?

He's a flavor of the month to me.
    Wade was injured for only 2 seasons, 06-07 and 07-08. He has been healthy for the rest of his career. And I don't need accolades to determine his dominance and legacy. I guess you missed out his performances against the 04 Pacers, 05 Wizards, 06 Pistons, 06 Mavs, 10 Boston, 11 Boston, and 11 Mavs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Wade is probably 4th. I just don't see what makes him so great. His accolades are thhe ring, finals mvp and the scoring title. But in all honesty, he's had two great seasons. What's so special about the 3-4 injury plagued years? The so-so to terrible records? The debacle that was last year?

He's a flavor of the month to me.
    Probably your worst post ever.

Flavor of the month? Wade has now played 8 years:

Here are his career numbers:

25/6/5 57% TS regular season
    26/6/6 57% TS playoffs

He's led a team to the title and now has 2 great finals performances. He's accomplished more in his 8 years (with 2 seasons gone to injuries) than most hall of famers do in their entire careers.

Again...flavor of the month? He's Lebron/Bosh not choking their asses off from being universally considered a top 15 player of all time.

What a ****ing awful post.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Probably your worst post ever.

Flavor of the month? Wade has now played 8 years:

Here are his career numbers:

25/6/5 57% TS regular season
    26/6/6 57% TS playoffs

He's led a team to the title and now has 2 great finals performances. He's accomplished more in his 8 years (with 2 seasons gone to injuries) than most hall of famers do in their entire careers.

Again...flavor of the month? He's Lebron/Bosh not choking their asses off from being universally considered a top 15 player of all time.

What a ****ing awful post.
    Ether

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    He's Lebron/Bosh not choking their asses off from being universally considered a top 15 player of all time.
    Say the Heat win, who's in that Top 15? Just curious.

And where would Wade be amongst them? Where would LeBron be?