Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM   #1516
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ☆NBA 2015 Post-season | Draft | Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Jennings was playing the best basketball of his career after Smith left. I do think the Pistons would have ended up with a 7 or 8 seed. The way the Pistons used Smith was more as a Point Forward so he had the ball in his hands a lot. Once that duty was solely Jennings he shined. I was actually very surprised. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Jackson & Jennings thing. Who's the guy of the future. The thing with Reggie is he has no outside shot. So with Monroe and Drummond he didn't do well. Once Monroe got hurt it opened up the lane for Jackson and he's been better since he can take the ball to the hole more. I think the Pistons are paying all of Smiths contract except for what he signed with his new team for. Most of these things are spread over time so I wouldn't be surprised if they're paying him until 2020. It's not uncommon for athletes who get bought out to get paid for that many years.

I'd actually say New Orleans is pretty close. Davis is a beast. He's going to be one of the best in the game if not the best in the game in just a few years. He'll be a guy that could lead a team to a championship.

Yeah, I agree, if we get Okafor & he improves to like an Anthony Davis type of player, I wouldn't mind trading him for AD. lol js. But, New Orleans is still an unproven team, they're like this now, but who knows, next year they're back in the lottery, inconsistent if I should say.

Smith. Oh, okay. So by spread, would that also affect the cap room? In his contract, I think it says he had 3 years left? His contract will be off the cap (or whatever) in 3 years but they'll just have to pay him under the radar depending on how much they owe him, or will his contract still affect their cap room as long as they're still paying him?

So, its sort of like a flexible contract? I didn't know that was possible.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM   #1517
dd24
NBA lottery pick

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think it affects their cap too much. There's a new CBA in a few years and the Pistons still have a ton of space this off season too. I'm guessing Monroe walks for nothing now so the Pistons will probably use some space to sign Jackson.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #1518
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you were to compare the top 5 to a former/current NBA player, who would you compare them to? Feel free to go as long as you like with the list. lol

Thank you:))

Last edited by $LakerGold : Yesterday at 01:30 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM   #1519
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I don't think it affects their cap too much. There's a new CBA in a few years and the Pistons still have a ton of space this off season too. I'm guessing Monroe walks for nothing now so the Pistons will probably use some space to sign Jackson.
But do you really want them to sign Jackson, though?
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #1520
dd24
NBA lottery pick

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
If you were to compare the top 5 to a former/current NBA player, who would you compare them to? Feel free to go as long as you like with the list. lol
That's so tough to do. This is a pretty weak draft. Next years doesn't look that good either. This year will probably have one or maybe two players who turn out to be perennial all-stars. There's probably a few solid starters. This is a draft of mostly role players.
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #1521
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
But do you really want them to sign Jackson, though?
It's a very tough decision. I don't agree with much of anything the Pistons have done lately. And I hate it that every season the past 4 or 5 years they suck but then tend to go on a winning streak at the very end of the season so rather than having a top 5 pick it's a top 10 pick. They only screw themselves over like that. We got very lucky with Drummond dropping. KCP looks like he could be good, but of course he's not a guy to build around. They either need a very good FA (which isn't happening) or another huge opportunity in the draft to drop to them again. They're a ways away from being back in the mix of things. Luckily the East still is down and that means it's easier to turn things around.
Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM   #1522
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

I see.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about Reggie Jackson anymore. I think there's just too much holes in his game, sure he can bring a positive change to the team, but for me, the negative outweighs the positive for some reason. I don't know what it is about him, he seems like a young careless, wild Brandon Jennings. Sure there's time for development, but I wouldn't give him the contract that he wants atm, you can spend that money to a much more proven role player like Trevor Ariza for example.

If you were to make moves for them this offseason, what would you? Possible trade & signing scenarios, etc.

Btw, do you listen to Bill & Jalen?
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #1523
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA 2015 post-season | Draft | Playoffs | Discussion

If it's a podcast then I haven't heard it, but I follow them on ESPN. I just don't think there's a good move to be made. This FA market isn't good. That means a guy like Monroe is going to get offered a ton of cash. He's a good player but he probably won't be worth what he'll get paid. The Lakers may throw money at him. I would think Monroe would want a sign and trade so he could get paid the most possible. Although I think in just signing the qualifying offer last season he can't do that now so I'm unsure. Anyhow I would only want some first rounders in exchange for him. I think the only thing to do is to try to get some cheap role players and hope to draft well the next few years. Maybe find that diamond in the rough type player (like a Whiteside). Then just keep that cap space and get in the Westbrook or Durant sweepstakes. The only thing that I think could happen that would be interesting is if Love decides to bolt from Cleveland, but even that I think is a long shot. The Cavs are really really good right now. They might win it this season. If he stays they're going to get a ring. Just for that reason I don't see him leaving yet.
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM   #1524
kkinchen
High School JV MVP

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Jabari Brown aka Montae 2.0

dude looks like and plays just like montae Ellis. I would like to see him start some games alongside his college running mate j. clarkson
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: