Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Thumbs up Concrete proof that Scott Brooks needs to be fired, he gives everyone a green light.

OKC has SIX guys firing away from deep with horrid efficiency this season...

Reggie Jackson is averaging FOUR 3's a game on 27% shooting
    Russell Westbrook is averaging THREE 3's a game on 25% shooting.
    Dion Waiters is averaging THREE 3's a game on 0% shooting (for OKC so far).
    Perry Jones is averaging TWO 3's a game on 27% shooting.
    Nick Collison is averaging TWO 3's a game on 24% shooting.
    Andre Roberson is averaging ONE 3 a game on 14% shooting.

If you've watched OKC this season, you'd know that everyone besides Adams and Perkins now has the green light to fire away on this team...

Between all of these guys, they are shooting a combined total of 81/326 from deep on the year, totaling 24% shooting from deep on a combined 15 attempts per game.

Thats basically a whole team of guys shooting like Josh Smith. Thankfully for OKC Durant (5 attempts per game on 43%) and Morrow (4 attempts per game on 40%) are counterbalancing these problems a bit. It's still funny to me how perfect of a fit Morrow is with the starters but can't start because long behold, Scott Brooks has to have his new "Sefolosha" in Roberson.
    Last edited by russwest0; 01-08-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Default Re: Concrete proof that Scott Brooks needs to be fired, he gives everyone a green light.

This is actually true. It's incredible how you can compose an NBA team like this in todays league. So many bad shooters who are willing to chuck up several threes a game.

College superstar

Default Re: Concrete proof that Scott Brooks needs to be fired, he gives everyone a green light.

NBA Superstar

Of course there aren't any excuses. I stand by my statement.

Brooks has to pull his head out of his ass because he's coaching by far the most talented roster in the league in my opinion. He should have been canned last year but long behold another excuse (Serge Ibaka missed TWO ****ING GAMES...)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

You have guys bookmarking your posts from 3 days ago.

You are an ISH god, OP.

Talk about rent free.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    This is actually true. It's incredible how you can compose an NBA team like this in todays league. So many bad shooters who are willing to chuck up several threes a game.
    It's funny because the only guy not named Durant or Morrow who is even shooting a respectable percentage from deep is Jeremy Lamb (33% on three 3's a game) who has been in Brooks' doghouse for weeks now and likely won't be in the rotation for the rest of the season.

You can't let 3 guys take all the shots. Basketball doesn't work like that.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge

You are an ISH god, OP.

Talk about rent free.
    Posts that only support what I'm saying here; you have a team absolutely LOADED with talent and zero excuses for not winning it all this year and have them playing like this...

I remember clamoring for Stan Van Gundy this offseason, also saying that I would have taken Kerr. Really wanted SVG though because of how proven he is. If he took a far less talented team than this to the finals with the refs absolutely working against his team, imagine what he'd do in OKC...

Brooks is mind boggingly bad at his job and doesn't even look like he knows WHY or HOW we lost most of the time in post game interviews. They really just need to fire Brooks now and be done with it. Should have done it before the year, but because they ****ed up and didn't do it then they might as well do it now.

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge

You are an ISH god, OP.

Talk about rent free.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    You can't let 3 guys take all the shots. Basketball doesn't work like that.
    If Brooks isn't gone after this year I think you can start celebrating in Washington at least as being the favorites to land KD in free agency, because I don't know why he'd return to OKC then.

I'm almost hoping KD leaves at this point. I've been calling for Brooks' head for years now, and nothing changes, and yet, year after year the same exact problems keep plaguing this team and holding them back. It's so obvious to everyone that follows them, Brooks isn't taking them anywhere. He's so obviously the Doug Collins to Durant, but whatever. If they want to hedge their bets on Scott ****ing Brooks, so be it.

There are moments every year when I just totally give up on Brooks as a coach. For me that came about two weeks ago when the Warriors went uber small with Green starting at center... Brooks was able to see this out of a timeout and STILL, STILL started Kendrick ****ing Perkins at center leading to OKC getting ****ing dominated.

Durant deserves so much more than this shit and I'm to the point where I'll be glad when he leaves.
    Last edited by russwest0; 01-08-2015 at 01:42 PM.

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Posts that only support what I'm saying here; you have a team absolutely LOADED with talent and zero excuses for not winning it all this year and have them playing like this...

I remember clamoring for Stan Van Gundy this offseason, also saying that I would have taken Kerr. Really wanted SVG though because of how proven he is. If he took a far less talented team than this to the finals with the refs absolutely working against his team, imagine what he'd do in OKC...

Brooks is mind boggingly bad at his job and doesn't even look like he knows WHY or HOW we lost most of the time in post game interviews. They really just need to fire Brooks now and be done with it. Should have done it before the year, but because they ****ed up and didn't do it then they might as well do it now.
    I seriously don't understand how scott brooks still has a job. I have been saying they need a new coach for two years at least. A friend of mine, who doesn't watch much basketball was watching a thunder game with me and he asked me why everyone just stands around while westbrook/durant try to do everything on offense. Then, if all else fails, they kick it out to one of their many terrible 3 point shooters. Have your players play to their strengths. Brooks may be a nice guy, but dude is not NBA coach material.

There have been a bunch of quality coaches without jobs the past two years, and okc just keeps brooks. Why doesn't morrow play more? Put him in there with durant/westbrook more, not with reggie jackson who is more concerned with taking long step back 2 pointers than he is finding the open man recently. He doesn't even have to play starter minutes, but damn man, the spacing for westbrooks drives with morrow, durant, and ibaka on the floor would be crazy.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetchoked
    I seriously don't understand how scott brooks still has a job. I have been saying they need a new coach for two years at least. A friend of mine, who doesn't watch much basketball was watching a thunder game with me and he asked me why everyone just stands around while westbrook/durant try to do everything on offense. Then, if all else fails, they kick it out to one of their many terrible 3 point shooters. Have your players play to their strengths. Brooks may be a nice guy, but dude is not NBA coach material.

There have been a bunch of quality coaches without jobs the past two years, and okc just keeps brooks. Why doesn't morrow play more? Put him in there with durant/westbrook more, not with reggie jackson who is more concerned with taking long step back 2 pointers than he is finding the open man recently. He doesn't even have to play starter minutes, but damn man, the spacing for westbrooks drives with morrow, durant, and ibaka on the floor would be crazy.
    I don't even know why I got hyped when we signed Morrow. I knew that he was a perfect fit with the starting lineup, but also knew that Brooks wouldn't start him.

Thing I love about Morrow's stats on the year for us is him averaging just 0.5 turnovers per game, about half what say Sefolosha did last year on the same minutes. He's actually not even a bad defender as well.

NBA lottery pick

Ibaka and Durant (40% 3pters) space the floor by drawing out the opposing SF/PF). Adams and Perkins catch lobs, putbacks, when everybody else just drives and attacks. Brooks is a horrible coach.

NBA lottery pick

He's not going anywhere either thanks to another injury plagued season.