Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Psychopaths & Sociopaths are essentially the human being version of Terminators.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco 50
    A psychopath does not have equals. He views others as means to an end, as objects/pawns to use/disregard on a whim while they achieve their own goals.

Is that evil? I'd say so.

Most important rule in life to me remains the golden one. Treat others as you expect to be treated.

This does not exist in a psychopath/sociopaths mind because they don't recognize that others suffer. Only their suffering exists.

Your Bernie premise is based on your political ideology and not on any psychological ideas.
    A psychopath who uses people for greater good wouldn

Default Re: Psychopaths & Sociopaths are essentially the human being version of Terminators.

[QUOTE=CelticBaller]A psychopath who uses people for greater good wouldn

The founding fathers literally have monuments and statues of them while carrying slaves

Is that enough proof you piece of shit?

The lack of empathy is the very definition of psychopathy.
    They don't give two ****s about understanding, thus they are psychopaths.

Perhaps, finally something plausible. This would be an extremely controversial idea however.
    It's not that controversial, I googled it awhile ago when I was thinking about it and figured out they are researching it. Same w/ psychopathic empathy.

I still think you need empathy to properly exploit people, but you just turn it off in the end when you are doing the actual exploiting. Remorse... I dunno if they have it or not, but empathy, yea they do.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-23431793

and an empathy switch isn't that foreign of a concept. I mean, if you're playing for the championship you're gonna wanna turn off all your switches, right? It's just like war all the time for them. Like I said cuz they are so afraid of being weak. They hate weak people... and want to constantly prove they aren't weak.

I dunno what a xpath would have to gain from being in congress, esp compared to a narcissist. But like I said their behavior comes out... they can't hide it. That's the flaw. Some people have said that it's better to have no empathy but that's bullshit. Especially cuz like I said they get so triggered and can be enraged by certain things so easily. If the premise is empathy makes you easier to control/weaker, that makes you just as weak.

Edit: also, there exist benevolent narcissists. Probably closer to what you mean than benevolent psychopaths. I don't think they can exist because psychopaths are bad, mmkay. The might end up doing something for the greater good, like wanting to nuke some population that ends up being a net gain for the world, but that doesn't mean they were right in doing it.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    thats not what empathy means. obviously there not a single person on this planet who spends time researching every needy group on this planet and then donates money to all them... that doesnt mean that empathy doesnt exist.

empathy is the ability to understand and feel another persons emotions. while empathetic people are more likely to help those that are less fortunate, empathy does not mean that a person is constantly compelled to improve the situation of those that are less fortunate. sociopaths/psychopaths lack empathy because they are incapable of feeling or understanding the emotions of others, including the people they hurt with their selfish actions.
    That's not what I was saying. Read what I was replying to. My point was, just because someone doesn't empathize with something, doesn't make them a psychopath. Politicians may "operate agendas that are malevolent for a huge part of the population" because they believe it to be good, or they think they have no choice, or the long term end justifies the means, or they simply believe another politician in their shoes would've done much worse. Not simply because they lack empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    The founding fathers literally have monuments and statues of them while carrying slaves

Is that enough proof you piece of shit?
    Equal parts dumb and belligerent over simply being asked to explain where your opinions are coming from.

Unfortunate, but I forgive your anger as I'd be pissed too if I were to be so severely handicapped.

I hope you are able to improve your station in life so you don't feel the need to lash out needlessly soon.

Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    It's not that controversial, I googled it awhile ago when I was thinking about it and figured out they are researching it. Same w/ psychopathic empathy.
    Sorry, sometimes I neglect to be clear in my writing. Not at all controversial to share narcissistic and psychopathic traits. Nor, schizophrenia to a lesser degree. Links to autism, however would raise some socially concerned eyebrows. I think it'd be something interesting to investigate though.
    I still think you need empathy to properly exploit people, but you just turn it off in the end when you are doing the actual exploiting. Remorse... I dunno if they have it or not, but empathy, yea they do.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-23431793

and an empathy switch isn't that foreign of a concept.
    Interesting article, thank you for sharing. I would caution at using one study as an ultimate definition. There are too many followup questions in my mind and it doesn't appear that any researchers decided to build on this study's findings although I only gave a cursory google search. Regardless, it was an interesting read and I was unaware that study had been performed.
    I mean, if you're playing for the championship you're gonna wanna turn off all your switches, right? It's just like war all the time for them. Like I said cuz they are so afraid of being weak. They hate weak people... and want to constantly prove they aren't weak.
    This focus on weakness seems more like your opinion, (perhaps your intuition again?). That's fine, but I don't think I can agree with it. It's not something I've come across in studies or training.
    I dunno what a xpath would have to gain from being in congress, esp compared to a narcissist. But like I said their behavior comes out... they can't hide it. That's the flaw. Some people have said that it's better to have no empathy but that's bullshit. Especially cuz like I said they get so triggered and can be enraged by certain things so easily. If the premise is empathy makes you easier to control/weaker, that makes you just as weak.
    They want success same as anyone else. The big difference is they lack the moral constraints that most others have. I'm not sure that they're any angrier than anybody else though either.

Here's an article that seems interesting at least on a surface level on the topic of the emotions a psychopath experience. I haven't been able to do anything more than glance over it, but it might be interesting and it might follow up on your study.

https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/psy...ing-psychopath
    Edit: also, there exist benevolent narcissists.

-Smak
    For sure, it's difficult for anyone to reach any leadership position without having at least a little narcissistic streak in them.

Equal parts dumb and belligerent over simply being asked to explain where your opinions are coming from.

Unfortunate, but I forgive your anger as I'd be pissed too if I were to be so severely handicapped.

I hope you are able to improve your station in life so you don't feel the need to lash out needlessly soon.

Best wishes.
    Dodge

This focus on weakness seems more like your opinion, (perhaps your intuition again?). That's fine, but I don't think I can agree with it. It's not something I've come across in studies or training.
    Fair enough, like I always say my POVs come from the life I've lived and adding together things. I mean, IF someone grows up in an super ****ed up household, is abused by their father or psychologically abused by their mother, comes out with an attitude that they should abuse everything as well as a hyper focus (I would say they care a lot more about success/winning than an average person) on winning/domination, I'd say that they fear weakness the most. That's not science, though, it's just... my interpretation. Call it 'intuition' if you want. haha. I see how you are bringing that up, tho. I SEE U. Everyone thinks that's such a dirty word. I don't think they understand what it means. It's not like literally making shit up. It's more like seeing connections where there may or may not be them.

Just like the autism thing. The point I was making is AUTISM (or the core of it) could be the root.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6393379/ (I dunno just random google. not gonna put too much time into it, you can if you want.)

I mean imo autism/schizo is pretty much a lock. Here's one for autism psychopathy, but it's a complicated issue. This study doesn't seem to think it's related.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3826592/

I'm not really saying in all circumstances it is, either, but I'm just saying that like a HFA mad-at-the world dude who learns to play the game could easily become very similar to a psychopath. Plus there are autism disorders with high levels of aggression, kind of like you'd find in some of the more malignant psychopaths.

Just thoughts. Fun to discuss. Fun to think. Fun to read.

-Smak