Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Could Shaq actually be 6'10"?

Quote Originally Posted by DwightHowardMVP

DANM! Is Yao Ming 6'8 or is T-mac 7'5?

God damn i think Op just discovered something here

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 824
    Yea let's use the metric system for just heights, that wouldn't be even more confusing. And what the **** does using the metric system have to do with this topic at all? If you use the metric system, are all measurements of players accurate? Idiot.
    They would be a hell of a lot more accurate. With the metric system there is no rounding up or down of heights. Also there is no listing the same height for players that are actually not the same height. There is no estimating height either. With the English system there is too much estimating in the measurements.

If the NBA used the metric system to list heights 90% of these issues would be eliminated. A guy can be 6-9 3/4 and another guy can be 6-10 1/2 and the NBA just lists them both at 6-10. When you see a game you wonder why one guy is taller than the other.

With the metric system that would be eliminated. It's much, much more accurate.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    They would be a hell of a lot more accurate. With the metric system there is no rounding up or down of heights. Also there is no listing the same height for players that are actually not the same height. There is no estimating height either. With the English system there is too much estimating in the measurements.

If the NBA used the metric system to list heights 90% of these issues would be eliminated. A guy can be 6-9 3/4 and another guy can be 6-10 1/2 and the NBA just lists them both at 6-10. When you see a game you wonder why one guy is taller than the other.

With the metric system that would be eliminated. It's much, much more accurate.
    you need to learn the definition of that word accurate. What you actually mean to say is that it is more precise, due to the smaller size of the reported unit (cm).

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGS2002CHAMPS
    Staredown pics are the most useful. This T-Mac pic is obviously useless.
    MMA Shane Carwin is listed @ 6'5", but his staredown pics proved that he's really about 6'1". He wore sneakers and a baseball hat to try and fool people into thinking that he was 6'5", but it was an EPIC fail and people could see that 6'3" Frank Mir was taller than him.

how was it a epic fail when carwin came out before the weigh in and said hes only 6'1?

The UFC website had himn at 6'5 and he said he didnt know why they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    What is with these threads comparing height? Such a pointless topic.
    Apparently Rondo's decline in the finals had nothing to do with Kobe's defense but the Lakers bigs protecting the big. I said a 7'1 shaq and a 6'11 DPOY Howard should be able to contain the paint aswell. Then Apparentely Shaq became 6'10 and Howard became 6'9, and both Pau Gasol and injured Bynum stayed about 7-7'1 so they protected the paint easily.

7-time NBA All-Star

Look at Shaq next to other big men in this thread like Duncan, Olajuwon and Stoudemire, if anything, Shaq is taller than 7'1" and that's without shoes. Ever see him play against Dwight Howard? Dwight looks tiny in comparison. I remember Larry Bird commenting in the 2000 finals on how close Shaq was to Rik Smits height(listed 7'4"). He was definitely no shorter than Mutombo either.

Not sure if this thread is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Birmingham1955
    newsflash. people strink as they age.
    This.

I thought I was the only person that was thinking this. Anyway, Shaq is about 6"11.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    This.

I thought I was the only person that was thinking this. Anyway, Shaq is about 6"11.
    That would make Duncan and Olajuwon 6'8"-6'9", Dwight about 6'7"-6'8" and Amare 6'7" on a good day.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Olajuwan in his auto-biography said he was 6-10.

Quote Originally Posted by DwightHowardMVP

DANM! Is Yao Ming 6'8 or is T-mac 7'5?

God damn i think Op just discovered something here
    Great post.

everyone knows shaq is atleast a legit 7 footer.

doesn't matter if shaq is 6'8 or 7'1, his legacy still remains as one of the best players of all time, i could say he's the best center but he's more than that.

I'm 6' 7 5/8" and worked in the media for years. I've stood next to both Paul "Big Show" Wight (who attended Northern Oklahoma College when I lived in Oklahoma) and Shaq, when we both lived in Phoenix.

Wight is focking gigantic. While in juco, he used to come to the sports card store owned by a friend of mine. He had to have other people open packs of cards; his hands are so huge that he couldn't tear them open without bending/creasing cards. A Pepsi can in his hand looked like one of those miniatures that people keep in shadow boxes. I guarantee that he's 7'1"+.

While in Oklahoma, I also had occassion to meet and spend time with Kareem, who was the same height or slightly taller than Wight. Tough to tell, as their body types are so disimilar. But he's generally listed at 7'2".

Shaq is as tall as either of them. I don't think people...even those that watch NBA...have any concept how huge that guy is. Again, I'm a big person, but you couldn't even see me standing behind him. He blocked out the sun. It was wierd.

Also got to meet Wilt, but I was 9 or 10 at the time. He may as well have been 20 feet tall, I was so star struck.

I've had a lucky life.

He's 7'1 without shoes according to his combine measurements.