Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Are there still people out there that think Kobe isn't top 10 all time?

Depends on how the person ranks a player. If it's just about rings then people will rank him high, but in terms of comparing him to other top ten guys. Look at it this way, guys like Jordan took over when they had to, Kobe kind of, pretty much had his teammates bailing him out. I'm not trying to hate on the guy, just putting things in perspective, how others are going to view it.

Default Re: Are there still people out there that think Kobe isn't top 10 all time?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Let's ignore the fact that Lebron played great defense, grabbed 19 rebounds, & was the best player throughout the series.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Kobe is #3 in my lifetime, and I started watching NBA around 1991-92.

#1...Jordan, obviously the GOAT.
    #2...Tim Duncan...greatest PF ever.
    #3...Kobe...greatest perimeter scorer ever. if not, one of the greatest.

I'm not going to compare these three guys to Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell or Kareem's highlights and stats. Wish I could have seen them play live in person or on TV, that's the only way I'll really compare them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    LeBron's team lost. Nuff said.

It's hard to find 10-11 other players that can top his resume. The only person he arguably passed tonight was Hakeem though.

He's #9 on my list.

Another 4 years or so and he'll probably make it past Duncan and Shaq because of longevity.
    Last edited by KenneBell; 06-18-2010 at 01:50 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    You are saying this after he put up that vomit inducing performance?

And dont give me the rebounding bullshit because Lebron did the same exact thing and everyone said that was the worst 30/20/10 game they have ever seen.
    Kobe won
    Kobe wasn't running from halfcourt to rebound off missed free throws
    Kobe was aggressive the whole game
    Kobe didn't almost have a quad double game with turnovers

Lebron did the opposite, so of course he's gonna get crapped on. Kobe was t10 before this game and he's t10 after.

Serious playground baller

Of course he's top 10 now. He's in the Duncan/Shaq/Hakeem bracket. The fact he had a lousy game 7 doesn't change that. Nobody will remember it in 20 years. Same as no one remembers MJ's lousy close out performance against the Sonics. Ultimately Bryant just won his 2nd Finals MVP and his 5th ring. That puts him in extremely select company.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Kobe won
    Kobe wasn't running from halfcourt to rebound off missed free throws
    Kobe was aggressive the whole game
    Kobe didn't almost have a quad double game with turnovers

Lebron did the opposite, so of course he's gonna get crapped on. Kobe was t10 before this game and he's t10 after.
    so running to get missed free throw rebounds isnt agressive. kobe had a 7 turnover without the assist and rebounds so give it break.

Quote Originally Posted by rs98762001
    Of course he's top 10 now. He's in the Duncan/Shaq/Hakeem bracket. The fact he had a lousy game 7 doesn't change that. Nobody will remember it in 20 years. Same as no one remembers MJ's lousy close out performance against the Sonics. Ultimately Bryant just won his 2nd Finals MVP and his 5th ring. That puts him in extremely select company.
    I had forgot all about that!!

Didn't he have like two bad games against them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    so running to get missed free throw rebounds isnt agressive. kobe had a 7 turnover without the assist and rebounds so give it break.
    no its not being aggressive its being a stat whoring *****, u be aggressive on the offensive end and when u rip rebounds away from people like garnett, pierce and rondo. But at the end of the day nothing matters, the difference is that kobe won and lebron didn't. We won't know where to place lebron until he wins, because like kobes 06 year where he was freaking mind blowing he didnt win and barely moved up all time list but he went from like t15 to t10 after 09.

Serious playground baller MAC system's Avatar

Kobe passed Hakeem on my list and is #9 overall. He'll probably end up in the 8 spot when it's all said and done.

I start a team I'm still taking Hakeem 10/10 over Kobe thoujgh, it's just hard to ignore Kobe's winning.

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

is nobody going to mention that Kobe has not won a ring without the best offensive big man in the game at the time the lakers won the 'ship.....

what does it matter if he is 8,9,10,11...... that is elite already.....

im actually quite impressed that kobe turned it on this playoffs, after i thought he was on his last leg during the regular season. same with fisher.....

kobe is the second best player in the league right now and at least top 12 overall...... give him his props....

he played a crappy game.... but knocked down some shots at the end of the game..... but he was the only laker to consistantly show up this series and you cant take that away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    LeBron's team lost. Nuff said.
    Team.Nuff said.

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

no its not being aggressive its being a stat whoring *****, u be aggressive on the offensive end and when u rip rebounds away from people like garnett, pierce and rondo. But at the end of the day nothing matters, the difference is that kobe won and lebron didn't. We won't know where to place lebron until he wins, because like kobes 06 year where he was freaking mind blowing he didnt win and barely moved up all time list but he went from like t15 to t10 after 09.

he tips the ball with one hand for most his rebounds... teach that boy how to grab a ball with two hands....

so your no longer aloud to try and get rebound with it meaning your a stat whore...

kobe sagging off rondo and grabbing rebounds with ease it less agressive

i dont think getting rebounds in any case is stat whoring considering your suppose to get rebounds!!!!

lebron did rip down rebounds, are you just making stuff up.