Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: why is it impossible to find a box score for Jordans 63 point playoff game?

The show a full box score from a newspaper in one of the MJ highlight videos when they're talking about this game. Maybe "Come Fly With Me."

owwwww

Default Re: why is it impossible to find a box score for Jordans 63 point playoff game?

Bird 36/12/8 without taking 40+ shots, getting bailed out by refs or dominating the fk out of the ball . In game 1, he had 30 pts off just 13 shots, could have had 40+ to outduel MJ if he played more minutes or was more selfish. Game 3...well, let's not talk about it, Celtics finally decided to lock down MJ and held him to 19 pts. I think Bird more than got even with MJ for his scoring outburst over the next couple of years

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Bird 36/12/8 without taking 40+ shots, getting bailed out by refs or dominating the fk out of the ball . In game 1, he had 30 pts off just 13 shots, could have had 40+ to outduel MJ if he played more minutes or was more selfish. Game 3...well, let's not talk about it, Celtics finally decided to lock down MJ and held him to 19 pts. I think Bird more than got even with MJ for his scoring outburst over the next couple of years
    6>3

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amil23
    gtfo Wade's mid range jumper at its best is up there with pre 1st 3 peat MJ and Lebron is a better 3 point shooter than MJ

No, it's not. Jordan's jumper was superior to any jumper LBJ or Wade have ever had.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9

Jordan scored 36+ pts dozens if not hundreds of times without taking 40+ shots, so your point is completely moot.

86 celts, #1 ranked defense in the league. Jordan 49 in game 1, Mchale said "that isn't going to happen again." He was right. Jordan dropped 63 the next game. Near triple double in game 3.

For the series, Jordan averaged 43.7 ppg on 50.5% FG.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

I know he wasn't much of a 3 point shooter in '86- that came later but to score 63 with no 3s is absurd.

Amil23
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    I know he wasn't much of a 3 point shooter in '86- that came later but to score 63 with no 3s is absurd.
    thats what I said and on top of that NO 3 POINT ATTEMPTS