Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-14-2014, 02:39 AM   #1666
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
How in the hell do you OHP 145 and bench 195?

Ridiculous. Are your shoulders better in terms of gaining size than most other body parts too? Strength ratio is ridiculous.

Agreed... I remember back in the day for me it was 135 for 5 reps overhead press and 275 5 reps for bench lol. That's not even 50% compared 75% that's wild.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #1667
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
How in the hell do you OHP 145 and bench 195?

Ridiculous. Are your shoulders better in terms of gaining size than most other body parts too? Strength ratio is ridiculous.

I wouldn't say I have big shoulders as I still have a month to go before I even complete my first year of lifting but I do have naturally wide shoulders(20 inch shoulder width with potential to be even wider due to clavicles still growing ).

I just decided to incorporate OHP during August and was at 115x5 probably at the beginning of September and that lift just kept going up until recently. No idea why my bench is so weak compared to my OHP because it's not like I neglect it. For every 3 push days, bench is my primary movement for 2 of those and OHP for the other. There's people in my gym who rep 225 like it's 135 but I destroy their OHP. And if you think that ratio is crazy it was at 145 : 185 about a week and a half ago. It was just yesterday that I hit the 195 for 5.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #1668
ArbitraryWater
The mother****ing Don

ArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Man I'm doing most of my stuff at home now... No problem really with abs and arms, but you really do need a gym for chest and back.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #1669
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
Man I'm doing most of my stuff at home now... No problem really with abs and arms, but you really do need a gym for chest and back.

What do you have to work with at home?
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:23 PM   #1670
ArbitraryWater
The mother****ing Don

ArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
What do you have to work with at home?

Just a set of dumbbells... I can also use the bench in the kitchen for some chest excercises.

But I can really only do one triceps excercise..

this shit

and like no back at all besides a few ones that I dont feel too sure about...

Ive been flip flopping alot lately, I just wanna get done with school and get my exams (?) and then go to the gym reguarly... It will also be easier when I move out and buy all the stuff myself.

But for now, I plan on doing arms & abs at home, like every 3 days, and go to the gym once a week for chest/back...

But since I stopped doing legs Im regressing there... again

I can do this really simple one though:

I think it should be pretty effective.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #1671
iznogood
Serious playground baller

iznogood has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
Just a set of dumbbells... I can also use the bench in the kitchen for some chest excercises.

But I can really only do one triceps excercise..

and like no back at all besides a few ones that I dont feel too sure about...
You could do push-ups with your hands close together or one arm push ups if the close hands push-ups are too easy. It's a great triceps excercise. Or do dips on the end of a chair or something similar. I personally don't like this variation of dips so I stick to push-ups and I find them an excellent excercise for gaining strength.

As for your back, if you have 2 chairs and a broom you could do inverted rows (australian pull-ups) which are very good excercise.
iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:27 AM   #1672
ArbitraryWater
The mother****ing Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by iznogood
You could do push-ups with your hands close together or one arm push ups if the close hands push-ups are too easy. It's a great triceps excercise. Or do dips on the end of a chair or something similar. I personally don't like this variation of dips so I stick to push-ups and I find them an excellent excercise for gaining strength.

As for your back, if you have 2 chairs and a broom you could do inverted rows (australian pull-ups) which are very good excercise.

Yeah, push-ups ovs aswell.. Been doing 'em.

I dunno, hate Dips. At least when I did them at the Gym, hurts my hands so bad man lol..

Actually 2 solid triceps excercises, even though push-ups impact other areas aswell, mainly chest.. I prefer one area only to really focus on.

But the ones in the gym are just so good.

These 2 right here:

(Long Dumbbell)

Alot of win right there..
Old 11-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #1673
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i think im gonna stop doing legs in a normal order with the rest of the bodyparts.. probably cut it down to twice a month.. i really hate doing them and i would rather save the energy for my upper body..
they are still significantly bigger than my upper body though (which should be the case for everybody i guess)
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #1674
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bad idea. But each to his own.
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #1675
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Leg day is my favorite workout.
Last week got 315 x 13 on squats. Gonna try for 15 reps this week.

Also, 455 x 3 on deads yesterday.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #1676
ArbitraryWater
The mother****ing Don

I like legs because you can really feel the Impact of your workout... Regardless, I stopped doing them because I care more for upper Body atm
Old 11-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #1677
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think it's necesary for me to point out how important testosterone is for muscle building?

And the best natural way to boost your testosterone is by doing heavy compound exercises like squats, sumo deadlifts, deadlifts,... whole body exercises which are mostly leg exercises aswell. So think twice before neglecting your legs.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #1678
ArbitraryWater
The mother****ing Don

I will do them again once I'm done with School, I'm sure...
Old 11-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #1679
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
I don't think it's necesary for me to point out how important testosterone is for muscle building?

And the best natural way to boost your testosterone is by doing heavy compound exercises like squats, sumo deadlifts, deadlifts,... whole body exercises which are mostly leg exercises aswell. So think twice before neglecting your legs.
yeah im aware.. thats why im having test injections regularly
just kidding, i have pretty high test levels naturally
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #1680
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
yeah im aware.. thats why im having test injections regularly
just kidding, i have pretty high test levels naturally

Got me
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: