Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Default what should Love and Irving average in the POs/Finals...

to be considered acceptable 2nd and 3rd option by the wonderfully articulate ISH masses?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: what should Love and Irving average in the POs/Finals...

I don't think the numbers tell the whole story. It's not about the numbers, it's about how they impact the game.
    From Irving I expect him to play more in a team concept and not just look for it's shot. Yeah, he is a great isolation scorer and he can get his shot anytime he wants, but you have to consider that on a long term in hurts the team more than it helps it. There are times where you can tell he is taking that shot regardless of what the defense gives him. Yes, he can make it, but in a playoff series it can hurt the team. Players know they won't get the ball and become less active on both offense and defense. And that can hurt a team more than a missed basket does.
    From Love I expect to be more involved, maybe demand the ball on the block and hit those wide open shots he keeps missing for some reason. His play relies on how Lou sets up the offense though.
    Numbers aren't everything. Bosh played some great games for Miami in the big three era when his numbers weren't that great.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by robby712
    I don't think the numbers tell the whole story. It's not about the numbers, it's about how they impact the game.
    This is all that really needs to be said.

I would make Love and Kyrie first and second option since lebron shot 39% last year

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

agreed, impact > numbers. but if you were a casual fan and somehow got directed to this site, all the posts and topics on here would make you think numbers tell the entire story. so keeping that in mind, i wanted to hear from those individuals who indeed believe a players worth is told by the numbers on the boxscore and what would qualify these 2 all star players as legit 2nd and 3rd options

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

their rs averages

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    their rs averages
    This. If they match their regular season averages, there wouldn't be much to criticize them for, something alone the lines of

Kyrie: 21/3/5
    Love: 16 & 10

Big drop off in production like Wade/Bosh in the '13 playoffs & the '14 Finals should be met with criticism

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    their rs averages
    You got to put some standard deviations to attribute for natural fluctuations.