Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: Per Multiple SAUCES: Clips have offered Blake to the Nuggs

you're really underrating your teams ability to sway a player into staying. The cap is getting larger which will mean that these ridiculous contracts that we are about to see FA getting next year are going to be even more ridiculous when they resign with their teams and get unheard of money.

Most players re-sign unless A) the franchise is falling apart around them B) they are on the wrong side of 30 and want a chance to win right away or C) they are a Lebron/Shaq/KD type and have tremendous media/hometown pressure to win.

I don't see many FA walking away next year from the type of money they'll be able to get with their current team. If the Clipper were more serious about this I'm sure the Nuggets would keep at least one of the players being mentioned

Blake would not resign with the Nuggets, you are the only person arguing that he would. He loves a city like LA, don't you see that Blake is in every kia commercial? And that CP3 is in every insurance commercial? You think the same would happen if either was in Denver? Not a chance.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Blake would not resign with the Nuggets, you are the only person arguing that he would. He loves a city like LA, don't you see that Blake is in every kia commercial? And that CP3 is in every insurance commercial? You think the same would happen if either was in Denver? Not a chance.
    what does him loving LA have to do with anything? It isn't his decision if he gets traded or not.

I doubt NBA gms are basing their potential moves over who is in which commercial.

It isn't like there would be 0 chance of him re-signing, a lot can happen in a year. IMO when you are a team like the Nuggets its best to try to go big and take risk when you can. Gallo is going to be 30 in a few years. Faried is nice but nothing that great. You don't have to agree.
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 02-17-2016 at 01:44 AM.

Banned

Low chance that Blake re-signs, smart move by Denver.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    crazy a 20/5/2 (with a top 50 PER rating in the entire league) is now considering some "random guy". also love throwing jokic and faried into that category too.

top 50 per?

that supposed to mean something? he's a 20 ppg, 40% shooter, in relation to somebody like Blake dude is JUST A GUY. Jokic has PROMISE but cmon, I wont even address the Faried thing you HAVE to be joking.

You dont trade stars/borderline superstars in their primes for a bunch of "pretty good", ok or promising players

having all those guys are great if you have that seminal player to add to that mix. Otherwise its just a bunch of dudes and mediocrity will be perpetual.

I'm talking from the Clips perspective, for the Nugz it goes without saying that if youre not guaranteed griffin re-signing you dont do it. If he say had 3+ years left on his deal or you knew for a fact he was coming back? you do that deal in a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    what does him loving LA have to do with anything? It isn't his decision if he gets traded or not.

I doubt NBA gms are basing their potential moves over who is in which commercial.

It isn't like there would be 0 chance of him re-signing, a lot can happen in a year. IMO when you are a team like the Nuggets its best to try to go big and take risk when you can. Gallo is going to be 30 in a few years. Faried is nice but nothing that great. You don't have to agree.

No, but the players might be. Especially a guy like Blake, who has already tasted that extra money available in big markets.

Why do you keep bringing up Faried, do you read other people's posts or just your own? I already told you that they've been shopping Faried for a while now, it's not about him. They would do the trade if Blake was on contract for 3 years, but he is under contract only till Summer 2017, and I STRONGLY DOUBT the Nuggets can become contenders by then.

Again, you are the only one who is arguing that Blake would actually stay in Denver.

clips are trying to get melo for blake

^
    Wasn't that the rumor earlier this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    No way the Clips were willing to trade a top ten player for a bunch a random guys, sorry not buying it.

1st of all, you must not know who Doc Rivers is

2nd, you also probably don't know he is the GM

3rd, they are far from a bunch of random guys. 3/4 of those players would be instant starters on the Clippers, best believe that. Only reason Jokic would come off the bench is because the Clips already have a good center in DJ.

^

3rd, they are far from a bunch of random guys. 3/4 of those players would be instant starters on the Clippers, best believe that. Only reason Jokic would come off the bench is because the Clips already have a good center in DJ.
    na , clips and magic have a deal, but clips trying to get hte knicks in on it to swap blake and melo

clips/magic got frye and Stephenson moving, and its a perfect opportunity for the clips to have contracts matching on a melo blake deal attached to it...clips trying hard..phil hasnt budged yet
    Last edited by bluechox2; 02-17-2016 at 03:05 AM.

Blake is coming to Orlando???

That would be so dope...Vucevic/Payton?

EDIT: nvm...would be nice, though. Blake and gay Blake on the same team, Jennings on point, loads of dunks.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

^

Are you saying doc would be dumb enough to give away a franchise player for a bunch of dudes? If so you maybe right.

In relation to someone like Blake Griffin they are just guys, and who are the 3 players that would start on the Clips? Barton over Redick?, Faried over Blake? Gallo is the only one I see that would start, you've already conceded Jokic would not start so who are these 3 players you;re referring to?

That's beside the point anyway, being able to start over the Clips counters my point how exactly? Youre arguing Denver's randons are better than the Clips randoms?

AGAIN, in RELATION to Blake Griffin, gallo, jokic, barton and faried are JUST GUYS

Are you saying doc would be dumb enough to give away a franchise player for a bunch of dudes? If so you maybe right.

In relation to someone like Blake Griffin they are just guys, and who are the 3 players that would start on the Clips? Barton over Redick?, Faried over Blake? Gallo is the only one I see that would start, you've already conceded Jokic would not start so who are these 3 players you;re referring to?

But aren't you trading Blake for the other 4....................................so yes, Faried would start. And tbh I forgot about Red dick, my apologize, but Barton is definitely a nice player, it wouldn't be the craziest thing to start him.

Decent college freshman

That's beside the point anyway, being able to start over the Clips counters my point how exactly? Youre arguing Denver's randons are better than the Clips randoms?

AGAIN, in RELATION to Blake Griffin, gallo, jokic, barton and faried are JUST GUYS
    Clippers would be better off snagging Gallo/Barton/Nurkic/Arthur if push came to shove for BG/Crawford/Aldrich

CP3-JJ-Barton-Gallo-Jordan
    Pablo-Rivers-Lance-Pierce-Arthur
    Wilcox-Johnson-LRMAM-Dawson-Nurkic

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

gallo is only like 7 months older than BG.

this deal as rumored has 0 chance of happening. im not sure why you care that I, and the nuggets apparently, hate it.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

top 50 per?

that supposed to mean something? he's a 20 ppg, 40% shooter, in relation to somebody like Blake dude is JUST A GUY. Jokic has PROMISE but cmon, I wont even address the Faried thing you HAVE to be joking.
    yes, it is. he was referred to as some "random guy". clearly hes not. he has earned some respect.

I didnt say he, or any of them, are better than BG, so you can calm down and work on your reading comprehension.

You dont trade stars/borderline superstars in their primes for a bunch of "pretty good", ok or promising players
    then tell LA to stop offering it.

having all those guys are great if you have that seminal player to add to that mix. Otherwise its just a bunch of dudes and mediocrity will be perpetual.

I'm talking from the Clips perspective, for the Nugz it goes without saying that if youre not guaranteed griffin re-signing you dont do it. If he say had 3+ years left on his deal or you knew for a fact he was coming back? you do that deal in a heartbeat
    I wouldnt do it for all 4 of them (gallo/faried/barton/jokic) but at least a potential trade is worth discussing if he has 3 more years left or would sign an extension.