Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the best little man in NBA history?

Zeke > Iverson > CP3

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

lin

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

nah man those guys ain't the greatest little man that is Tiny Archibald without a doubt.......... only man ever to lead the league in scoring AND assists in the same season....... and he did it during Kareem's prime years!!

I just can't like cp3, great as he is. I hate flopping with a intensity of hate.

If Paul flopped like that back when Tiny Archibald was playing, he would have been destroyed by Dave Cowens or Bob Lanier. After those guys got done rag-dolling him they would have thrown his @ss right into the cheap seats where that trick belongs.

The refs prolly wouldn't even call them for a foul - rough justice has its place

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    nah man those guys ain't the greatest little man that is Tiny Archibald without a doubt.......... only man ever to lead the league in scoring AND assists in the same season....... and he did it during Kareem's prime years!!

I just can't like cp3, great as he is. I hate flopping with a intensity of hate.

If Paul flopped like that back when Tiny Archibald was playing, he would have been destroyed by Dave Cowens or Bob Lanier. After those guys got done rag-dolling him they would have thrown his @ss right into the cheap seats where that trick belongs.

The refs prolly wouldn't even call them for a foul - rough justice has its place
    was tiny really better than isiah

Not airballing my layups anymore

im not sure if archibald was better than isiah, but agree with everything else.
    lost my respect for paul this season, didnt know hes such an ass
    whatever, paul is talented but didnt accomplished anything...but in todays league everyone becomes hall of famer showing great stats after 6-7 games.

The best little man in NBA history would have to be Manute Bol.

Local High School Star

If we were to argue picks.. yes, Archibald may be the greatest, after all, he recorded 34/11 and led the league in both categories. CP3 has a good case with his 08 season too. And AI as well!
    Last edited by PTB Fan; 02-19-2012 at 11:43 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Iverson and Isiah are close. Closer than most think and really it's not clear cut.

Isiah is more you prototypical PG. He could dribble, dictate pace, and pass better than you average PG. What made Isiah so special is he was a competitor. He hated to lose. He was also winning in an era where there was Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, Ewing's Knicks, and so on. It was Isiah's team in which Jordan had to surpass in order to win a championship.

Iverson really gets an undeserved bad rap. He's usually being judged by his post sixer career, which is really unfair. During his Sixer career terms like "warrior" and "heart" were often used to describe AI, and he really was. On top of that he was the greatest scorer under 6 feet. He revolutionized the way the game was played. And the crossover. Tim Hardaway may have froze people, but Iverson introduced the crossover that literally made people go one direction while he went the other. How he undressed Jordan? It practically sparked the And1 era.

Having said that:

AI>Zeke>CP3

Gonna throw out some names that haven't been mentioned: Calvin Murphy, Damon Stoudemire, and P4P maybe the most underrated little man ever Mugsy Bougues

Isiah Lord Thomas hands down the best little man in NBA history.

Local High School Star

Is this thread about the best little scorer?
    Peak Year PER Peak Year Win Shares Career PER Career WS
    Steve Nash 23.8 12.6 20.3 122.6
    John Stockton 23.9 15.6 21.8 207.7
    Chris Paul 30 17.8 25.2 81
    Allen Iverson 25.9 11.8 20.9 99
    Isiah Thomas 22.2 11.2 18.1 80.7

included for reference purposes

Terrell Brandon 25.2 12.7 19.7 65.9
    Kevin Johnson 23.7 10.2 20.7 92.8
    Tim Hardaway 20.9 12.9 18.6 85
    Mark Price 22.7 11.3 19.6 71.1

Make your own judgements but if "little man" isn't limited to little man scorer, then Iverson and Thomas as somehow clearly the best doesn't make any sense. My vote goes to Chris Paul.

Going back further Tiny Archibald and Calvin Murphy were good (and good scorers).

Zeke is the clear cut winner, imo. He produced at the highest level and won championships against a level of competition that was much better overall than anything AI faced.

Tiny was amazing, but Zeke was a better player.

CP3 has a ways to go before being measured along with the all-time greats.

Like his stature and nickname, Tiny's peak was really small. He had the huge year in 72-73, but had only three other seasons above 20 ppg and two others above 8 assists. Servicable shooter; game built almost exclusively on his speed and slashing ability. Because of his size and the physical nature of play, durability was an issue as well. Also played on only one winning team during his first 8 seasons in Cincy/KC/Omaha/Nets/Boston.

Great player, but aside from that one year, not really comparable to the accomplishments of Isaiah. Scoring, assists, longevity, team success all squarely in Thomas' favor.
    Last edited by JMT; 02-19-2012 at 01:20 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Look up Fat Lever. All 6-3 175 lbs of him. He ROUTINELY led his team in rebounding, and was even in the top-20, in the late 80's, and in an era of the tallest players, on average, in NBA history.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    Take note that CP3 probably hasn't reached his prime and has many good years ahead of him...
    Dude's never going to be as good as he was 4 years ago.