Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: NBA ratings down almost 50%, NCAA ratings are up

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    The league needs a replacement and as of yet that guy hasn't hit the radar.

Luka.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat

Luka.
    Luka my ass, dumbass.

His ceiling isn't as high as someone like LeBron's. If it was, in today's obsessively interconnected media driven world, we would have heard about him with a level of significance prior to his rookie year.

Luka has a ton of upside but he has benefited from already playing with pros and he doesn't have the raw level of athleticism to ever carry the entire league.

You're dumb. I mean you are an ungodly level of dumb if you think Luka Doncic can drive league wide ratings like LeBron has. Hahahaha. Holy **** you're dumb!!!

Luka.

Zaza!

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    Zaza!

gimmick vote

3-time NBA All-Star

nba is going down ever since they rig it in lebrons favor. Nobody wants to watch a scripted league. And them beating the topdogs is just their desperate attempt to improve ratings. But as long as the league continues to favor certain players, Im not watching this cheap league.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    Ratings went up during LeBron's run in Miami because everyone wanted to see him fail. (The Floyd Mayweather effect)

With Durant's run, everyone knew the Warriors were going to win the championship the last 2 seasons. Could easily make it a third this year, but they're more vulnerable.
    this post just proves youre a dumbass. Of course in the short run, ratings would be high, but in the long run, when everybody is forming their superteams making the league watered down, it wont. And were feeling the effects of it now.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    No. The ratings dropped because LeBron is out. Don't bullshit yourself.

lol @ all the low IQ dipshits in this thread that believe this is about anything except LeBron's absence. Hahaha. Clueless. You guys as a collective literally don't even have the level of introspection required to be cognizant of the fact that no LeBron = massive ratings dropoff. Wow. You're dumber than I ever imagined.
    Ratings have been declining before this dummy. And its the rigged 2016 that killed the nba. Only cheapskates watches WWE like league.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    I find it kind of unusual that you have the Bucks with the best regular season record. Giannis who most think is this years MVP. So what's the best way to promote this great up and coming team and it's superstar?? Televise their playoff games on NBATV, a channel that probably more than half of America doesnt even have!!

I might be making a BFD about nothing, but I dont recall any 1 seeds playing on an obscure channel in the postseason. Obviously I could be wrong, but just dont remember it happening before.

I would prefer the Bucks on NBA TV cuz they're not that exciting to watch and also cuz their series is so damn boring without Griffin buuuuut only their Game 3 is on NBA TV. But this past Sunday was just not that fun of games to watch.

I'm not sure the casual fan is interested in Harden's type of game or Westbrook's demeanor to get every stat. The C's and Pacers was probably the best matchup but without Dipo it loses luster.

Plus, outside of Boston and Houston and possibly Detroit, the rest of these games featured small market teams.

Very good NBA starter

The NBA should embrace being a global league now and focus more on Giannis, Jokic, Doncic, Embiid and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
    Makes me wonder who gave the greenlight to alllow no defense in the current NBA. Did they do a survey and think of everyone wants to see no defense, jacking shots at a higher rate allow higher , faster offenses?

We know whose responsible for this. Makes me very happy ratings are down. Maybe he can get fired.

3-time NBA All-Star

LEBRON IS THE NBA.. NO BRON NO RATINGS..

It's Lebron's legacy.

The league removed defense to postpone the inevitable decline of Lebron.

Warriors is the only team worth watching now.
    i think its duran's legacy, it happened upon his move to GSW, and lebron still drives more rating than duran, so its literally duran's legacy

the warriors/rockets first encounter of this years season was one of the least watched primetime games ever... the "anticipated rematch of the real finals"