Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Wade, Bosh and Bron (2010) vs. Kyrie, Love and Bron (2014)

With a healthy in prime Wade in 2011?

If so...this isn't a question. Wade, Bosh, Lebron wipes the floor with the other 3...it's not close.

If we are factoring in the decline of Wade and everything...then that is a different story.

High School Starter

Wade in 2010-2011 was still a top 2-3 player in the league, this isn't even close. Wade and LeBron straight up cruised their way to the Finals and should have cruised through the Finals if not for LeBron's disappearance.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    Wade in 2010-2011 was still a top 2-3 player in the league, this isn't even close. Wade and LeBron straight up cruised their way to the Finals and should have cruised through the Finals if not for LeBron's disappearance.
    Man,this stupid nonsense gets perpetuated constantly around here just showing the level of critical thinking we're dealing with.

If,if,if...if Wade didn't play an MVP type series,and Lebron ''showed up'',the Heat would still have lost.

Wade had an average of 18,8 against the Bulls,while Bron had 25,8.Together they had 44,6 points per game.

Against the Mavs,Wade had 26,5 while Bron had 17,8...a total average of 44,3.

They changed their roles but the trouble is,they played a better,more experienced team than the Bulls.

The Mavs were better offensively,defensively,more clutch,better coached,had a better bench,an overall better team than the Heat.

As soon as the game was up for grabs,the Mavs had better ball movement,better shooters and played better defense than the Heat.

Individual talent can only carry you so far.

Most people here view the NBA as a video game...player A has 99 rating,player B 96 rating,therefore when combined it's impossible for that team to lose!The Mavs were a better team,just like the Spurs were a better team.
    Last edited by Kargo; 07-16-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    With a healthy in prime Wade in 2011?

If so...this isn't a question. Wade, Bosh, Lebron wipes the floor with the other 3...it's not close.

If we are factoring in the decline of Wade and everything...then that is a different story.
    A decline Wade is still >>>>> than Kyrie.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito

I would take Kyrie straight out of the draft over 2011 Wade onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    If you are talking about 12 Wade...I agree.

13 and 14 Wade? Nah....because Wade's defense fell off completely in the playoffs and he lost any explosiveness on offense.

Current Kyrie is a better player than 13 and 14 Wade overall in my opinion.

The thing that made the Heat work in terms of Wade/Lebron was their defense. Once that went...like it did in 13 and 14....they just weren't the same. And that is why Wade from 05 through 12 is under-rated...he actually was capable of consistently ramping up his defense and impacting games.

13 and 14 Wade could not consistently do it...hopefully he gets that back.

This is the best thing to ever happen to Wade actually. He's sitting at 3 titles...a finals MVP...and career averages of;

Regular

24/5/6 57% TS

Playoffs

23/5/5 55% TS

If he can drop 15 to 20 pounds and get through 70 games a year while upping his usage and taking 4 to 5 more shots a game...up from 14 to 18 or 19...he'll be able to really help his legacy.

Honestly, with Lance leaving the Pacers and the Cavs potentially not making a big move. The Heat could find their way back to the finals depending on how a few things break. I think people are really sleeping on the Heat in the East. The East still sucks and Chalmers/Wade/Deng/McRoberts/Bosh is a really good lineup.

The 2010 big was better on paper, but the fit between Wade and LeBron was bad. The 2014 big 3 would fit beautifully together. Close call honestly. They would certainly be elite longer than 4 years because of the ages. It's old big 3 vs young big 3 really lol.

Not to mention at least one of Wiggins, or Waiters will still be around, and the C position is better on the Cavs side, even if just barely. I do know one thing. All thise games the Heat lost due to poor rebounding wouldn't happen with Love around.
    Last edited by lilgodfather1; 07-16-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    If you are talking about 12 Wade...I agree.

13 and 14 Wade? Nah....because Wade's defense fell off completely in the playoffs and he lost any explosiveness on offense.

Current Kyrie is a better player than 13 and 14 Wade overall in my opinion.

The thing that made the Heat work in terms of Wade/Lebron was their defense. Once that went...like it did in 13 and 14....they just weren't the same. And that is why Wade from 05 through 12 is under-rated...he actually was capable of consistently ramping up his defense and impacting games.

13 and 14 Wade could not consistently do it...hopefully he gets that back.

This is the best thing to ever happen to Wade actually. He's sitting at 3 titles...a finals MVP...and career averages of;

Regular

24/5/6 57% TS

Playoffs

23/5/5 55% TS

If he can drop 15 to 20 pounds and get through 70 games a year while upping his usage and taking 4 to 5 more shots a game...up from 14 to 18 or 19...he'll be able to really help his legacy.

Honestly, with Lance leaving the Pacers and the Cavs potentially not making a big move. The Heat could find their way back to the finals depending on how a few things break. I think people are really sleeping on the Heat in the East. The East still sucks and Chalmers/Wade/Deng/McRoberts/Bosh is a really good lineup.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Wade was a top 3-5 player in 2011, top 10 in 2012, and you could maybe still argue top 10 at the conclusion of the 2013 regular season. Since then, he has clearly declined

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    The 2010 big was better on paper, but the fit between Wade and LeBron was bad. The 2014 big 3 would fit beautifully together. Close call honestly. They would certainly be elite longer than 4 years because of the ages. It's old big 3 vs young big 3 really lol.
    You are only talking offense though.

Wade's defense is being under-rated here big time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Bosh and Wade actually play defense.. Bosh is the most underrated defender I swear, his mobility as a PF was the most important part of miami's trapping defense.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Bosh and Wade actually play defense.. Bosh is the most underrated defender I swear, his mobility as a PF was the most important part of miami's trapping defense.
    I must have missed that defense on 38 year old Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    I must have missed that defense on 38 year old Duncan.
    tpols is right. Bosh doesn't defend great one on one in the post, but that isn't what he said.

bosh was able to play center and roam all over with his mobility and length.

there are very few guys in the league that can do that...and that is with him playing out of position.

bosh got infinitely better defensively since joining the Heat.

Wade, in 11 and 12, was an elite defender that could go 10 minute spurts where he wrecked teams.

That is what truly made the Heat work...the defense. Wade/Lebron didn't fit all that well together offensively, but what they could do defensively just destroyed teams. But that stopped in the 13 playoffs and in 14 from Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    Kyrie, Love and Lebron for me.

That trio would 3-peat twice easy.