Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Back 2 Back Champion Pistons Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    So you really think that Monroe, Smith, and Drummond are going to play an entire season together again?
    I bloody hope not!!!! This would be a huge failure, especially on behalf of SVG who would have been sitting back watching this train wreck from the outside last year like all of us on this board were....

He needs, and will make a move. What that move will be is anybodys guess....

I like Stephenson for 10 mill, especially if we were paying Stuckey 8 mill... But 13 mill would be a very bad signing... He does not have #1 potential in my eyes, although I will say he has potential to be a very good Robin on a good team...

I like Ariza too - but again, not for the kind of money he will be getting.

I think Dre + Monroe + role players can grow into an elite unit @DD24, I truly believe that could work. I think Dre will develop into a Dwight like presence, and Moose could be a very strong / borderline All-Star.

I believe if we can surround these two with not just role players, but solid starters (which is what we are lacking) we could be a threat in 2 or 3 years.

I like Lowry if we can get rid of Jennings. I especially like the idea of somehow getting Smart...

I for one put great value on having the right coach for the right player / playing group and I believe SVG is that guy for Dre / Pistons. In my opinion, SVG's success with his players will determine how well this team rolls into the next era...

NBA lottery pick

I love Dre & Monroe. I still think they need another top level player next to them to make it work. That's a big reason why losing our lottery pick really set us back. Imagine being an 8 seed this year.... it's certainly not going to help us. So the only way to get better is through free agency or a trade. If we want to pursue free agents that means we aren't going to resign Monroe. I believe we're going to resign Monroe. So now the only way to get better is a trade. As much as we would all like to see Smith go, it's going to be far more difficult to trade him. The guy people really want is Monroe. So you tell me what assets that we have that other teams really want outside of that.

Decent college freshman

So you really think that Monroe, Smith, and Drummond are going to play an entire season together again?
    That's not what I said, but Monroe being traded isn't a likely way to break it up. We needed to do that before he hit restricted free agency if we wanted to move him. So if you want to break up the big 3, you either let Monroe walk or you trade Smith

a few interesting articles that kind of pertain to the subject

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/6...an-wojnarowski

http://hawkshoop.com/josh-smith-best...eter-defender/

Decent college freshman

I love Dre & Monroe. I still think they need another top level player next to them to make it work. That's a big reason why losing our lottery pick really set us back. Imagine being an 8 seed this year.... it's certainly not going to help us. So the only way to get better is through free agency or a trade. If we want to pursue free agents that means we aren't going to resign Monroe. I believe we're going to resign Monroe. So now the only way to get better is a trade. As much as we would all like to see Smith go, it's going to be far more difficult to trade him. The guy people really want is Monroe. So you tell me what assets that we have that other teams really want outside of that.
    You're only chance really is to build through FA this year. That or use your cap space to take on contracts while getting some picks in return. You could take Boozer for Chicago,Perkins for OKC etc.