Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Dumars Out The Door?

I have been watching some more tape of Hood, and think he has the style of game to both suit exactly we need on this team, as well as suit the pro style of game... He would be a solid choice with #8 I'm thinking. Although players like Randle might somehow slip to #8 which will make it complicated...

NBA lottery pick

Dumars is telling people he's going to resign, possibly as soon as this week.

What scares me is someone is going to want to put their mark on the franchise. Hopefully that doesn't mean making a wild trade of someone like Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Dumars is telling people he's going to resign, possibly as soon as this week.

What scares me is someone is going to want to put their mark on the franchise. Hopefully that doesn't mean making a wild trade of someone like Monroe.
    I would be kind of surprised if something like that happened. They are going to have to do anything and everything to try and keep the remainder of their fanbase happy.

NBA lottery pick

It's official now. Dumars is no longer the GM.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Possibly the best and worst GM ever!

Traded for Billups, Hamilton, B.Wallace, R.Wallace and drafted Prince, Monroe and Drummond - he was responsible for every one of our championship starting 5, and our two young beasts...

Then he also...

Signed Charlie V, B.Gordon, J.Smith, B.Jennings

Traded Billups for Iverson,

Hired Kuester, Curry, Frank, Cheeks - all 2 seasons or less = fail

AND

Drafted Darko in front of Wade, Melo and Bosh...

So many ups, so many downs, but in the end he DID build a championship team, and that is what it is all about

Well done Joe,

NBA lottery pick

I think to a certain extent he got lucky with drafting guys like Drummond and Monroe, who were projected to go earlier. Those guys kind of fell to us. Remember when everyone wanted him to draft Bismack Biyombo because there were rumors he liked him and thought he was the next Ben Wallace? We almost ended up with that guy.... I was against that one from the start. KCP was not a good draft pick last year. For sure we should have went with Trey Burke. Or traded up, there were a ton of us that wanted MCW. Austin Daye was not a good selection either.