Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Former Bulls Fan.

Default College Requirement should be abolished

Its stupid. If a player does not have the desire to go to college he shouldn't be forced to.

There was no problems with how it was before. We got guys like Kevin Garnett,Kobe Bryant,Tracy McGrady, Jermaine O'Neal, LeBron James and more straight out of High School.

An NBA Career is short, and taking away valuable time from a player's career is unfair.

I was watching Andrew Wiggins last night and I thought to myself that the only people winning in this are the NCAA, Kansas State University, and whichever team drafts him next season.

He could of been drafted this year by the Cavaliers. Kyrie Irving, Andrew Wiggins, and Andrew Bynum would of been epic.

Even in Kyrie Irving's case, Kyrie only played like 2 games of College ball and is now one of the players with the brightest future.

Players have more than enough time and money to get their college education once their career is over.

Adam Silver, fix this. Fuck this NCAA and fuck March Madness taking away TV time from NBA Games to watch scrubs playing in college. Oh yeah, and FUCK David Stern. All this fucking asshole David Stern has been doing is taking valuable time off player's short careers for MONEY.

Love Live Life

Default Re: College Requirement should be abolished

I actually think they should be required to stay longer

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I actually think they should be required to stay longer
    Why?

Players aren't required to go to college you f*cking idiot.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Baseball rules. 2 years if you go to college, or straight to the NBA. It's up to the NBA scouts if you don't want to draft a bust.

But none of that will happen because the 1 and done rule is working exactly how the NBA wants it to work. It weeds out to overhyped and not mentally mature. Even if it's coming at a cost of the college game.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 10-06-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Europe or College.

I forgot you're such as fan of the Euroleague and want to see more players take the Brandon Jennings route.

Banned

Those greedy NCAA bastards.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Football rules. 2 years if you go to college, or straight to the NBA. It's up to the NBA scouts if you don't want to draft a bust.

But none of that will happen because the 1 and done rule is working exactly how the NBA wants it to work. It weeds out to overhyped and not mentally mature. Even if it's coming at a cost of the college game.
    Overhyped and not mentally mature? The number of players who were drafted straight out of college and succeeded outweighs by far the busts like Kwame Brown.

College makes players mentally mature huh?

Last edited by LosBulls; 10-06-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Football rules. 2 years if you go to college, or straight to the NBA. It's up to the NBA scouts if you don't want to draft a bust.

Oh and yeah, Let's send Tracy McGrady to college so we can see EVEN LESS of healthy T-Mac's career.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    /thread

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Overhyped and not mentally mature? The number of players who were drafted straight out of college and succeeded outweighs by far the busts like Kwame Brown.
    Okay? But by this way, the NBA gets to weed out those busts to an extent and still draft the superstar high school players. Their version is a better version of what you are suggesting.

The McGrady comment doesn't really relate or kind of make sense. Maybe he's healthier if he went to college because he got to prepare his body a little before the rigors of the pro game. Or maybe he dies. Same can be said if he goes straight from high school to the NBA. I don't really understand what you are getting at. Do you believe it was preordained that he would play x amount of games before his body gave up on him? I don't.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 10-06-2013 at 07:58 PM.

I am your soldier!

You should be allowed to go the NBA right out of high school at 18. I'd love to see colleges actually teach guys stuff and develop their games, but let's be honest, that would still rarely happen even if 3 years were mandatory. People just don't teach fundamentals anymore.

Banned

the nba must have made some kind of under the table deal with the national collegiate athletics association

why else would the nba deny big name players from entering their league?

the biggest names over the last 15 years are mostly highschool players

they have the biggest buzz and get more attention due to skipping college

the ncaa obviously wrote a fat cheque to david stern to have the rights to players out of highschool

almost no one will go over seas rather than to college due to there being less chance of them getting noticed

there should be an investigation

Love Live Life

I think 2 to 3 years will help them mature and help their game/bball IQ

I have no issue with players going to the NBA out of high school just as long as they are 18 years old and a full, legal adult.

I find it that requiring players to do what they're doing now really hurts college. This one and done stuff in college with these top high school recruits is something i dislike.