Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Best series in a Finals loss since 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    LeBron shot 67% when guarded by Leonard for the first 3 games. The Heat shot 28% when guarded by Leonard.

I wasn't being serious about LeBron playing great defense on him. LeBron played fine though. It was Wade's defense that was garbage in that series.

Here's Leonard's spectacular game 3, where he scored 29 points: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDhXl7cl2Yo

He hit a three pointer with LeBron's hand in his face, a fadeaway three pointer from the corner, and 1 FT (LeBron fouled him in garbage time) vs Lebron (7 points), but the rest (22 points) was against a Miami Heat team that was completely torched by Kawhi.
    Yea I dont think Lebron played terrible defense or anything.. its just, he got torched by an offensive role player. Can you imagine if JR Smith won FMVP over Kobe? Or Joe Dumars over Michael Jordan? he just got embarrassed by a nobody(relatively) pretty much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Yea I dont think Lebron played terrible defense or anything.. its just, he got torched by an offensive role player. Can you imagine if JR Smith won FMVP over Kobe? Or Joe Dumars over Michael Jordan? he just got embarrassed by a nobody(relatively) pretty much.
    That basically just tells us how useless Lebrons supporting cast was in offense AND defense.

LeBron did nothing wrong. Amazing offensively and above average/good defense.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    That basically just tells us how useless Lebrons supporting cast was in offense AND defense.

I wouldn't go that far. LeBron himself would be the first to say he had a sub par series, despite the excellent numbers. He played well but is not absolved of blame, much like Wade in '11.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

That's definitely a stretch. He played well, but it's not like he was off the charts like Jordan in '93. Now THAT'S being amazing offensively.