Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Default The east is bad now??? Look at the starting lineups for these 2004 playoff teams

And we think the east is bad NOW...look at this garbage. Look what pierce went to the playoffs with.

New Orleans Hornets
    PG Baron Davis
    SG David Wesley
    SF George Lynch
    PF P.J. Brown
    C Jamaal Magloire

Milwaukee Bucks
    PG Damon Jones
    SG Michael Redd
    SF Desmond Mason
    PF Joe Smith
    C Brian Skinner

New York Knicks
    PG Stephon Marbury
    SG Shandon Anderson
    SF Tim Thomas
    PF Kurt Thomas
    C Nazr Mohammed

Boston Celtics
    PG Chucky Atkins
    SG Jiri Welsch
    SF Paul Pierce
    PF Walter McCarty
    C Mark Blount
    Last edited by therammingman; 11-05-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Banned

Default Re: look how bad the starting lineups were for these 2004 eastern conf playoff teams

this is why they called in the leastern confrence from 2000-2005

and its also why kobes huge western confrence series are underrated and shaq finals mvps against trash are overrated

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: look how bad the starting lineups were for these 2004 eastern conf playoff teams

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    this is why they called in the leastern confrence from 2000-2005
    Oh no, that not long enough.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/061129

Lebron's finest hour with the Cavs..........
    Last edited by Magic 32; 11-05-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Default Re: The east is bad now??? Look at the starting lineups for these 2004 playoff teams

East been bad since Jordan retired.

Default Re: The east is bad now??? Look at the starting lineups for these 2004 playoff teams

Great hindsight.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    And we think the east is bad NOW...look at this garbage. Look what pierce went to the playoffs with.

New Orleans Hornets
    PG Baron Davis
    SG David Wesley

SF George Lynch
    PF P.J. Brown
    C Jamaal Magloire

Milwaukee Bucks
    PG Damon Jones
    SG Michael Redd
    SF Desmond Mason
    PF Joe Smith

C Brian Skinner

New York Knicks
    PG Stephon Marbury
    SG Shandon Anderson
    SF Tim Thomas
    PF Kurt Thomas

C Nazr Mohammed

Boston Celtics
    PG Chucky Atkins
    SG Jiri Welsch
    SF Paul Pierce
    PF Walter McCarty
    C Mark Blount

I thought these are good to servicable starters during the time, but yeah it doesn't take a genius to know the East was weak back then.

But interestingly the East is now becoming the defensive oriented, slow tempo grind it out conference, whereas the West is offense oriented.

NBA Superstar

God Damn, LeBron has had it so easy being in the East his whole career

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    I thought these are good to servicable starters during the time, but yeah it doesn't take a genius to know the East was weak back then.

But interestingly the East is now becoming the defensive oriented, slow tempo grind it out conference, whereas the West is offense oriented.
    This has been this way for like 30 years. Remember the awful Knicks - Heat playoff matchups of the '90s? The Pistons of the 00's? The Bulls and Pacers today?

Meanwhile teams in the west like the Suns, Nuggets, and Warriors have been fast-paced, running teams for like forever.

East is perhaps worse than West when you compare 15 vs 15 teams overall yes..... but when the playoffs or i mean when the Conference SemiFinals & Conference Finals get going those teams in the East are probably better right now.... Miami, Brooklyn, NY, Chicago will be insane, overall i think a better CSF & CF roundabout than OKC, SA, GSW, Clippers
    Last edited by pauk; 11-05-2013 at 08:05 AM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine

This has been the case since the 80's.

That Hornets team was actually good. Wasn't Mashburn on there too? B. Diddy was in the prime of his career, as was Magloire. PJ was still good. I always liked Wesley, until we got him at the very end of his road.

3-time NBA All-Star

The East is nowhere near as bad as it was from 99-07. The Knicks are probably the 5th best team in the conference right now, but they would've easily been a top 2-3 team during that time.

04 east still had tha pistons, nets, pacers and sixers right?

NBA Superstar

I can't believe that Celtics team made the playoffs. I do not recall their appearance. That said, it's worth noting Ricky Davis was coming off the bench for that team, and he provided some solid scoring punch. So that starting five wasn't entirely all they were bringing to the table that year. Close though.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    That Hornets team was actually good. Wasn't Mashburn on there too? B. Diddy was in the prime of his career, as was Magloire. PJ was still good. I always liked Wesley, until we got him at the very end of his road.
    Mashburn was technically on the team, but his knee injuries that year ended his career. He did not play in the playoffs.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Wtf, the East right now is better than the West. At least the top 4 teams. Miami, Indiana, Chicago, and Brooklyn.