Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: All players were carried at least one series (i.e. 06' shaq, 11' lebron), except

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Bird and Magic lost fmvps to teammates, and teammates outscored them all the time

And Hakeem's teammates outscored and carried him frequently too.. just look at the 96 playoffs.. Drexler outscored him in their loss to the sonics, along with 3 sonics players.. he was just a non-factor and he has several series like that

We can point to series from all players to see when they were carried.. except MJ, because he was the leading scorer every series and always fmvp.. only MJ did this

I feel sorry for you.

Good night.

Default Re: All players were carried at least one series (i.e. 06' shaq, 11' lebron), except

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam

Yikes, lucky Pippen was there to shoulder the rest of the load
    Uh oh

bUt mJ sCoReD a LoT oF pOinTs

Yeah...LeBron has more.

Bye

Great college starter

Who made this?

Just from looking, the info for the Finals is wrong (Jordan has more assists in the Finals than Pippen does)

I dunno about the different rounds but I'd be skeptical since its pretty clear there's wrong information in it

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    He literally got outplayed by Shawn Kemp in 96 and still won Finals MVP

Imagine a final Series where LeBron James get outplayed by Blake Griffin and still wins Finals MVP

Checkmate
    Difficult if you usually lose your finals series

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause
    Who made this?

Just from looking, the info for the Finals is wrong (Jordan has more assists in the Finals than Pippen does)

I dunno about the different rounds but I'd be skeptical since its pretty clear there's wrong information in it
    Idk I found it on twitter to troll

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Bronald stans resorting to intellectual dishonesty... What

I've actually never in life heard the term "carried" applied to a series or game someone lost. Can anyone explain this concept to me?

Carried...to a loss

Kobe Stan

I love how 3ball mentioned 88 Kareem getting carried...Kareem was 40 years old by that point

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Granted MJ did not have his best series , but as a team as a whole stepped up and did their part.
    They acquired Rodman inpart to be part of this team as a defender.
    His prowls as a passer shined in this series as well.
    Jordan was the glue to the team and was the MVP(.)

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Thank you

People praise Jordan for scoring so much as if he had any other duties to begin with lol

I want someone to find how many other Finals MVPs won with avg 4 reb and 2 assists

And how many others didn't lead the team in anything but scoring and the second option (PIPPEN) led the team in everything but scoring

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    I love how 3ball mentioned 88 Kareem getting carried...Kareem was 40 years old by that point
    Context has never been important to 3ball. Getting his agenda out there is all that matters. Take the 98 finals for instance. He'll always go on about how Pippen only averaged 15.8ppg on 41% shooting. It never comes up that he hurt his back in game 5 and that through the first four games when they went up 3-1 he was averaging 20ppg on 47%fg while being, BY FAR, the best defensive player on the court for both teams. As I've said before, I just don't get how you guys can still be going back and forth with him after YEARS of this nonsense.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 03-22-2019 at 04:08 PM.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

I watched the full video SouBeach posted and you are dead wrong.

Thread backfire
    I saw the series as it happened.

Jordan was the best player.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Uh oh

bUt mJ sCoReD a LoT oF pOinTs

Yeah...LeBron has more losses.
    Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Context has never been important to 3ball. Getting his agenda out there is all that matters. Take the 98 finals for instance. He'll always go on about how Pippen only averaged 15.8ppg on 41% shooting. It never comes up that he hurt his back in game 5 and that through the first four games when they went up 3-1 he was averaging 20ppg on 47%fg while being, BY FAR, the best defensive player on the court for both teams. As I've said before, I just don't get how you guys can still be going back and forth with him after YEARS of this nonsense.
    That dude was saying 2015 Mozgov > '98 Pippen

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    That dude was saying 2015 Mozgov > '98 Pippen
    Lebron was carried in 2011.. Kobe in 2000.. Shaq in 06'

But what about MJ?.. never.. he was never carried - the only guy that was never carried.. kinda hard to get carried when you always lead in scoring and win fmvp everytime.. goat