Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Default Re: Kareem picks Big O, not Jordan as GREATER

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    The Jordan hate flows through you like no other

For every guy that declares Kareem goat, there will be 4 who will say jordan.

I'm cool with any of Wilt, Kareem, Russell etc but let's not act like MJ doesn't get most of the votes.
    Yes and if you asked most football/soccer fans alive now, they would have Ronaldo and Messi as the best footballers ever, lacking knowledge and being brainwashed by media (nike) doesn't make it true.

College superstar

The Jordan hate flows through you like no other

For every guy that declares Kareem goat, there will be 4 who will say jordan.

I'm cool with any of Wilt, Kareem, Russell etc but let's not act like MJ doesn't get most of the votes.
    you have jordan as goat, many young fans do - i'm fine with that.

to me, he's the best sg ever. when it pertains to impacting the game, though, i dont think he can match what wilt, kareem and shaq (at his absolute best) brought to the table.

truthfully, without team accolades, i believe jordan = lebron, lebron is just bigger/faster/stronger. that's only my opinion, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    you have jordan as goat, many young fans do - i'm fine with that.

to me, he's the best sg ever. when it pertains to impacting the game, though, i dont think he can match what wilt, kareem and shaq (at his absolute best) brought to the table.

truthfully, without team accolades, i believe jordan = lebron, lebron is just bigger/faster/stronger. that's just my opinion, though.

I'll admit that shaqs prime may be better than jordan's, he was unstoppable.

Wilt never won enough or raised his level in the playoffs for me to have him over jordan. If you simply looked at video game Stats? Sure, he won in a landslide.
    Kareem played with a top 10 alltime point guard and other top 50 players and accumulated a few of his accolades through longevity. Do you reward that? I guess that's up to the individual.

Kareem's resume stacks up pretty well and there really isn't much between him and jordan. It might just come down to if you're a Laker or bulls fan.

Banned

Who here watched him Play?

Exactly.
    There's this cool little thing called the internet..

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    There's this cool little thing called the internet..

YouTube highlights...

That tells the whole story

Decent playground baller Practice?'s Avatar

I cannot take anything KAJ says seriously. Most jelly NBA superstar of all time.

Banned

YouTube highlights...

That tells the whole story
    It does something. Highlights obviously aren't everything but they're enough to get a decent feel for a player and make a decision as to whether or not I like the way they play.

I'll add that I didn't say anything about how good he was...so who the **** are you to say anything about anyone's favorite players? I didn't call him the GOAT or talk about what he accomplished on the court, I merely said that I loved the guy (obviously based on what I had seen of him). Seems like a pretty useless troll attempt in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    the GOAT center has spoken

it's funny because kareem has literally zero bias in this discussion. before he retired, the bulls were the lakers and celtics whipping boys. overall, cap makes a solid argument too.
    How does he have zero bias when Oscar was his TEAMMATE?

And can somoeone explain why Robertson is constantly ranked higher than KG? They had very similar careers...

I agree with him .

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Who here watched him Play?

Exactly.
    dude was ferocious in the paint. like a freaking rhino on a rampage.

lot of blood on the floor... he had a no-holds-barred I'm going to get that ball and if you get in my way you are going to get hurt attitude... which is missing and has been missing for a long long time from the League.

his eye, or court vision, was fantastic. dude was never flashy, didn't make a lot of fancy passes..... he made razor passes, nearly perfect passes.

straight one on one? Guys could score on him but they ain't rebounding on him, and they ain't stopping him. I doubt anybody but a top tier center could ever beat him because he was big, strong, fast, and too smart to be stopped. {or Jordan... all respect to KAJ I still got to go with Mike in a 1on1}

but the Big O was never about that. He was complete, part of the team, always seeing the whole court and the whole team and getting the ball to the right point wherever that was.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    dude was ferocious in the paint. like a freaking rhino on a rampage.

lot of blood on the floor... he had a no-holds-barred I'm going to get that ball and if you get in my way you are going to get hurt attitude... which is missing and has been missing for a long long time from the League.

his eye, or court vision, was fantastic. dude was never flashy, didn't make a lot of fancy passes..... he made razor passes, nearly perfect passes.

straight one on one? Guys could score on him but they ain't rebounding on him, and they ain't stopping him. I doubt anybody but a top tier center could ever beat him because he was big, strong, fast, and too smart to be stopped. {or Jordan... all respect to KAJ I still got to go with Mike in a 1on1}

but the Big O was never about that. He was complete, part of the team, always seeing the whole court and the whole team and getting the ball to the right point wherever that was.
    I forget if it was you who said this or someone else, but wasn't one of his pet shot's a jumper from the corner?

Seems he definitely would be a guy who would benefit from the 3pt line.

Doesnt Kareem also sign his name as the NBA leading scorer or something? Dude is mad salty. Jordan is the GOAT guard not debatable.

3-time NBA All-Star

Are people really surprised that most losers hate jordan? Kareem is just another wilt who was nothing until magic came to save his ass. But according to the real man(magic) on that team, jordan was the greatest. Only the insecure losers are against jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Are people really surprised that most losers hate jordan? Kareem is just another wilt who was nothing until magic came to save his ass. But according to the real man(magic) on that team, jordan was the greatest. Only the insecure losers are against jordan.
    All Knicks players from the last 40 years hate Jordan too?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I forget if it was you who said this or someone else, but wasn't one of his pet shot's a jumper from the corner?

Seems he definitely would be a guy who would benefit from the 3pt line.
    If I remember correctly he said that when he used to practice at gyms he'd have to shoot from the corners because people would take the full court....leaving him with the side hoops that have you in the middle of the full court game at the top of your baskets key