Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Lebron isn't capable of averaging 37 like Harden/MJ at any point in his career

because he lacks sufficient spurtability and isn't capable of getting hot often enough to have the high number of big games needed... due to a weaker jumper

Whereas harden/mj had pure, knockdown jumpshots, as needed to have 37-point spurtability as an average/spray from everywhere

This is a reason Kobe is superior to Lebron, since he averaged 35 in a tougher era (translates to 38+ in this era), and has the requisite ring count (better winner/fearless fighter in the clutch)

Default Re: Lebron isn't capable of averaging 37 like Harden/MJ at any point in his career

LBJ did 36-13-9 on 39% vs Klay, Dray, Iggy

MJ did 27 on 41% vs 6'2.5 Payton

Next

2ez

You really didn't think I was going to check you on this BS?

Be better

Default Re: Lebron isn't capable of averaging 37 like Harden/MJ at any point in his career

Except LeBron's averaged 30+ in the playoffs 5 times, all of them on runs through at least the conference Finals, with 4 of those being on extremely high efficiency. Meanwhile, Harden hasn't averaged 30 in the playoffs ONCE

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation

[COLOR="DarkRed"]MJ did 27 on 41.7 vs 6'2.5 Payton[/COLOR]

Next
    Lebron won with 25 on 44.9% in the 2013 Finals, while being a net negative and needing Ray Allen to make a game 7 after his 23 on 43% was insufficient thru 6 (MJ's worst of 27 on 42 would've been sufficient)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

"spurtability" 3ball out here inventing new words

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Lebron won with 25 on 44.9% in the 2013 Finals, while being a net negative and needing Ray Allen to make a game 7 after his 23 on 43% was insufficient thru 6 (MJ's worst of 27 on 42 would've been sufficient)
    Dear 3ball,

Focus up.

You really didn't think I was going to check you on this BS?*

2ez

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Except LeBron's averaged 30+ in the playoffs 5 times, all of them on runs through at least the conference Finals, with 4 of those being on extremely high efficiency. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Meanwhile, Harden hasn't averaged 30 in the playoffs ONCE[/COLOR]
    Averaging almost 40 in the regular season requires a much higher number of big games and stamina than 15-20 games averaging 30 (7 less than the 37, and 60 games less)

Again, lebron can't produce the high number of big games required because he lacks sufficient spurtability and isn't capable of getting hot often enough (all the time)... due to a weaker jumper

Whereas harden/mj had pure, knockdown jumpshots, as needed to have 37-point spurtability as an average/spray from everywhere

This is a reason Kobe is superior to Lebron, since he averaged 35 in a tougher era (translates to 38+ in this era), and has the requisite ring count (better winner/fearless fighter in the clutch)

Averaging almost 40 in the regular season requires a much higher number of big games and stamina than 15-20 games averaging 30-34 (3-7 less than the 37, and 60 games less)

Again, lebron can't produce the high number of big games required because he lacks sufficient spurtability and isn't capable of getting hot often... due to a weaker jumper

Playoff scoring >>>>> regular season scoring. The fact you're trying to spin someone failing to crack 30 in the playoffs as a better scorer than someone who's done it multiple times is where you look ridiculous

You can admire the stamina it takes to drop 37 a night for an entire season, I'm not trying to knock it, but it won't mean shit if Harden can't duplicate it in the playoffs

Op must have missed the time Lebron avg. 35 for a deep playoff run on only 22 attempts a game. Or even last year in his 15th season where he put up 34 on 23 attempts. Mj only has one run of at least 34 with so few fga per game. He usually requires between 4 to 6 more shots a game to reach those plateaus.....

My boy the beard hasn't had a run over 30 ppg yet but i got a feeling this is the year.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

And???

He facilitates. He rebounds. Played great help defense. He didn't need to drop 37.

The way Harden gets his is just........unappealing

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Dear 3ball,

Focus up.

2ez
    2baLLLLL is slippin

3ball's thoughts on Kobe 2 months ago:

now I gotta go in on the REAL kobe, a 6'6" iverson chucker, a carried knock-off.. maybe the most carried great player ever.) .

he's still probably top 20 after durant 3-peats this year and has 1 more fmvp than kobe.. .. but you shouldn't be so proud of an iverson chucker like kobe anyway..

Dear 3ball,

Focus up.

2ez
    Time of Possession per game:

Lebron 2015 Finals:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 12.2 minutes (50% higher than RS leader Wall's 8.3 min)
    J Harden. 2019. RS:[COLOR="White"]....[/COLOR]9.5 minutes

lebron held the ball longer than anyone in recorded history (shown above) and couldn't attract a double-team, yet still shot horrifically with one of the brokest jumpers ever in the Finals (28.7%), his 07' brickfest notwithstanding (17%); he simply took more shots in 15' vs 07' (23 vs 34)

Otoh, MJ averaged 36 against 6'7" dunk participants Drexler/Kersey and also 6-time all-defense Buck Williams.. that's better athletes than Klight-skinned, stiff-iggy and fat-dray..

And he dominated those guys and with crazy highlights and great efficiency, despite constant double teams, paint traffic and low hold-time.... his low hold time allowed high team assists and ball movement, while lebron's record ball-domination results in massive team assist deficits and record losses... No comparison
    Last edited by 3ball; 03-21-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    3ball's thoughts on Kobe 2 months ago:
    He's delusional, at one point about 2 weeks ago he said he might have even ranked Kobe number 2

I just can't take the guy seriously anymore. He ignore stats, makes up stats, and he's all over the place 24/7 whereas my list doesn't change

1. LBJ
    2-5 who cares ��✌��
    Last edited by TheCorporation; 03-21-2019 at 11:12 PM.

He's delusional, at one point about 2 weeks ago he said he might have even ranked Kobe number 2

I just can't take the guy seriously anymore. He ignore stats, makes up stats, and he's all over the place 24/7 whereas my list doesn't change

1. LBJ
    2-5 who cares ��✌��
    Lebron isn't capable of averaging 37..

It's just an observation

And an indicator of a skill deficit to others that have the repertiore and jumpshot to get 37