Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Why exactly is James Harden so much higher than LeBron in the MVP race?

I get why Curry is higher - 37-8, better player than Harden in a vacuum etc..

But why Harden?

Rockets: 33-15
    Cavs with LeBron: 28-12
    (without): 2-8

Plus, LeBron is flat out better than Harden as a player. I don't see it.

MVP Race:

1) Curry
    2) LeBron
    3) Harden
    4) Davis

Default Re: Why exactly is James Harden so much higher than LeBron in the MVP race?

He is carrying a team full of rejects to the playoffs in the west by himself

Default Re: Why exactly is James Harden so much higher than LeBron in the MVP race?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Rockets: 33-15
    Cavs with LeBron: 28-12
    (without): 2-8
    Why does LeBron get rewarded for missing games?

What if Harden missed 10 games and the Rockets went 0-10 losing by 20 PPG?

Let's not use "missed games" as anything useful, k?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Why does LeBron get rewarded for missing games?

What if Harden missed 10 games and the Rockets went 0-10 losing by 20 PPG?

Let's not use "missed games" as anything useful, k?
    You seriously don't think that would help his case?

Rockets go 52-30 with Harden playing all 82

vs

Rockets go 52-30 with Harden playing 72 and the scenario you presented occurring.

Which is the more MVP deserving year?

west>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>east

Banned

A 27.6/5.6/6.8 line is really pretty? I'm not a fan of Harden, 9 FTAs/game is ridiculous, especially considering how often he draws imaginary fouls.

If the Cavs start moving up the standings while the Rockets stagnate I'd expect the buzz to shift towards LeBron.

You seriously don't think that would help his case?

Rockets go 52-30 with Harden playing all 82

vs

Rockets go 52-30 with Harden playing 72 and the scenario you presented occurring.

Which is the more MVP deserving year?
    Why do we reward a player who missed games? I'd rather give it to the guy who played about as well, but played all 82 games.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Yeah honestly, Harden is doing more with less right now, and I'm a huge LBJ fan obviously. He's gotten some huge wins w/ Dwight injured too

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Why do we reward a player who missed games? I'd rather give it to the guy who played about as well, but played all 82 games.
    So you wouldn't vote for the 2nd scenario i presented over the first?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    A 27.6/5.6/6.8 line is really pretty? I'm not a fan of Harden, 9 FTAs/game is ridiculous, especially considering how often he draws imaginary fouls.

If the Cavs start moving up the standings while the Rockets stagnate I'd expect the buzz to shift towards LeBron.
    I'm obviously not saying what Harden is doing isn't impressive - I got him #3. But LeBron's line is probably even better than Harden's. It's just that we have skewed expectations of him.

This.

True MVPs don't take in-season vacations. Bran has won MVPs before, not like he needs another.

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome

Harden averages 8.9 FTA

Lebron averages 8.4

Get out of here with the free throw excuse

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Yeah honestly, Harden is doing more with less right now, and I'm a huge LBJ fan obviously. He's gotten some huge wins w/ Dwight injured too
    I swear harden is better when Dwight is injured.

Banned

I'm obviously not saying what Harden is doing isn't impressive - I got him #3. But LeBron's line is probably even better than Harden's. It's just that we have skewed expectations of him.
    Harden's line: 27.6/5.6/6.8 on .452/.384/.884

James's line: 26.2/5.5/7.4 on .490/.351/.731

Their lines are close but James's is lower than it should be as he spent a chunk of the season playing hurt. Personally I'd still take LeBron over Harden but so far this season their overall statistical performance has been very similar. One also has to consider that LeBron has to adjust to a new team in Cleveland while Harden is in his third season with Houston.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Harden averages 8.9 FTA

Lebron averages 8.4

Get out of here with the free throw excuse
    It wasn't intended as an excuse. I was just saying that I personally don't like him for it as too many of those fouls are imaginary.