Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Lebron James Interview: "No one in the world can guard me one on one."

Anyone see that today??? During the practice press conference???

Discuss!

Default Re: Lebron James Interview: "No one in the world can guard me one on one."

See the interview with Dirk Nowitzki. The anti-LeBron.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron James Interview: "No one in the world can guard me one on one."

Nobody can guard superstar caliber players one on one. It's a fact. Sure someone will have a great defensive game once in a while against them.. but that's usually with help defense and an unlucky game for the scorer.

I had this debate like 2 months ago because I said Blake Griffin can't be stopped one on one (obviously he's double teamed 50 percent of the time) and people thought it was an arrogant statement. It's just a fact. Especially players who post up or slash to the rim in Lebron's case.. are going to be double teamed or pick up a second defender every time.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

1 on 1 can't nobody stop him. Too big/strong n fast... so that's why he get tripled and doubled soon as he cross that 3pt line

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by adri41
    See the interview with Dirk Nowitzki. The anti-LeBron.
    saw that too. he's great in press conferences, doesn't give any fuel for the media hahaha

I am your soldier!

Root Of All Evil

That's why he couldn't get past Omar Asik and Taj Gibson at will.

It's why Marion had him forcing up leaning jumpers from 3 point land because he couldn't take anyone off the dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Nobody can guard superstar caliber players one on one. It's a fact. Sure someone will have a great defensive game once in a while against them.. but that's usually with help defense and an unlucky game for the scorer.

I had this debate like 2 months ago because I said Blake Griffin can't be stopped one on one (obviously he's double teamed 50 percent of the time) and people thought it was an arrogant statement. It's just a fact. Especially players who post up or slash to the rim in Lebron's case.. are going to be double teamed or pick up a second defender every time.
    Yeah no superstar can be guarded one on one it takes a whole team other than Durant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

they probably just called you a homer and dismissed you right?

i think what you said is partly true, but against bad teams with less talent if you contain their superstars (by doubling 50 percent of the time) you will most of the time win the game.

So regardless of being unstoppable or not i think teams play defense that way because they realize that's what they need to do to win, not necessarily because that team's superstar is unstoppable

blake is dominant on the block, but if he comes back next year with a mid-post game THEN he would for sure be unstoppable

is this fool making a career out of being politically incorrect?...

Maybe in today's league *cough soft, but in the days of handchecking and guards like Gary Payton getting DPOY there was plenty of real defense being played. Some people actually believe the 96 Sonics would have beaten the bulls in the Finals if Payton was on Jordan the entire series.

There is a lot of players in todays game that cant be guarded one on one. With help defense everything changes

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Maybe in today's league *cough soft, but in the days of handchecking and guards like Gary Payton getting DPOY there was plenty of real defense being played. Some people actually believe the 96 Sonics would have beaten the bulls in the Finals if Payton was on Jordan the entire series.
    handchecking wouldn't make a difference on Lebron he's too strong and fast only players these rules help is the smaller weak guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    is this fool making a career out of being politically incorrect?...
    he's right

Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

it's true, so.....?