Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Laker News: Pau Gasol dealing with ankle sprain

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    That was a very good deal for Memphis and has always made sense to me. Not only did they get an expirer in Kwame, but they got a Gasol of their own too. So in the end they ended up with a front line of Randolph and Marc Gasol, which has been one of the best in the NBA. In no way do I think the Lakers ripped off the Grizzlies in that deal and I will defend it to this day. I think the Lakers got the immediate benefit of the deal, but in the long term it was better for the Grizzlies.
    At the time, Marc Gasol was anything but highly regarded.....I always thought he would develop and posted on here BEFORE the draft that I thought the Lakers should get him....in fact the 2 guys I wanted who were available were Aaron Brooks and Marc. The Memphis deal looks great now but at the time was criticized by at least 99% of those giving opinions. I was pissed that we gave up Marc in the deal......Memphis wanted Sun Yue

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    At the time, Marc Gasol was anything but highly regarded.....I always thought he would develop and posted on here BEFORE the draft that I thought the Lakers should get him....in fact the 2 guys I wanted who were available were Aaron Brooks and Marc. The Memphis deal looks great now but at the time was criticized by at least 99% of those giving opinions. I was pissed that we gave up Marc in the deal......Memphis wanted Sun Yue
    exactly...and we said..how about you have Marc Gasol...lol

Home of the 16

I don't know Marc personally, but, I don't think he wanted to be anyone's backup neither does Bynum. They had to let go of someone & I think Jerry Buss or whoever saw that coming & just didn't wanna deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    I don't know Marc personally, but, I don't think he wanted to be anyone's backup neither does Bynum. They had to let go of someone & I think Jerry Buss or whoever saw that coming & just didn't wanna deal with it.
    thats a good dilemma to have. At that point Marc would have had proven his worth and we could have got something good in return. either for him or bynum

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    thats a good dilemma to have. At that point Marc would have had proven his worth and we could have got something good in return. either for him or bynum
    We did get 2 championships out of the deal. I think that's good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    Lol forget about defense... Rudy Gay couldnt play on offense... Ball stuck in his hands pretty bad...

If he can be traded so can Pau... I just dont want them to get any non expiring contracts ...unless its Rondo which is pipe dream
    I like Pau but im resolved in trading him, but only if it helps the Lakers and not just plainly getting rid of him.
    Memphis seems to be not getting better, right now, out of playoff spot. If they continue to hover around 10th spot or worse, they might be open to trade Randolph. The Pau playing with his brother might do wonders for him.
    But Zach has a player option next year.
    Another option is Carlos Boozer who is also an expirer.
    Or a Marion/Dalebert combo, but why would Dallas do it when they are doing ok. Then again a smart coach like Rick Carlisle would know how to maximize Pau's abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I like Pau but im resolved in trading him, but only if it helps the Lakers and not just plainly getting rid of him.
    Memphis seems to be not getting better, right now, out of playoff spot. If they continue to hover around 10th spot or worse, they might be open to trade Randolph. The Pau playing with his brother might do wonders for him.
    But Zach has a player option next year.
    Another option is Carlos Boozer who is also an expirer.
    Or a Marion/Dalebert combo, but why would Dallas do it when they are doing ok. Then again a smart coach like Rick Carlisle would know how to maximize Pau's abilities.
    I almost agreed everything u said till the last sentence...

Looks like he has checked out on this team... U can see that on the defensive end..doesnt even try...thats the worst part..:look what nene, amir johnson and today marcus morris did to him....

He is not playing with any heart...

Home of the 16

Exclamation Re: Laker News: Pau Gasol dealing with ankle sprain

I am not up for trading Pau. Yes, I know I said trade him for whoever in that other thread, but I was just really disappointed in him at that time. For a guy like him, I think he should have a reality check & accept the FACTS that he should not be the 2nd scoring option anymore & he should be considering signing with the Lakers via MLE. He has become the liability on the defensive end, & that has to change if he wants to get that max contract, but I doubt it's nothing more than 8 or 9 mil. I just really can't believe Pau has turned into this type of player. Amir Johnson dropped 25+ or 30+ on him the other night,

Take a lesser role, 3rd to 5th scoring option (7 or 8ppg), & MLE. & that's only of course if Xavier Henry or whoever continues to step up their game, or if the Lakers signs anyone big during the off-season, & then Pau takes that lesser role.

I am not up for trading Pau. Yes, I know I said trade him for whoever in that other thread, but I was just really disappointed in him at that time. For a guy like him, I think he should have a reality check & accept the FACTS that he should not be the 2nd scoring option anymore & he should be considering signing with the Lakers via MLE. He has become the liability on the defensive end, & that has to change if he wants to get that max contract, but I doubt it's nothing more than 8 or 9 mil. I just really can't believe Pau has turned into this type of player. Amir Johnson dropped 25+ or 30+ on him the other night,

Take a lesser role, 3rd to 5th scoring option (7 or 8ppg), & MLE. & that's only of course if Xavier Henry or whoever continues to step up their game, or if the Lakers signs anyone big during the off-season, & then Pau takes that lesser role.
    I would take that mle and give to amir johnson or an upcoming player...then this guy

Bucks want to trade larry sanders... Maybe we can trade for him i know he just signed for 44/4 yrs but he would be the defensive anchor

Home of the 16

Lol. I'll still take Pau over them. You can't disregard his chemistry with Kobe, despite Kobe's boneheaded plays last night -- them two were great with the screen & roll/give & go last night. Pau is Pau, you can't replace him with Larry Sanders & expect things to get better.

I think the Lakers are back of needing a solid PG, don't get me wrong, I like Steve Blake, he's been great this season, but the Lakers need a veteran PG like a 31 year old Billups (He's not 31, but just trying to make a point).

Damn, I don't care what yall say ... I miss Fisher.

Lol. I'll still take Pau over them. You can't disregard his chemistry with Kobe, despite Kobe's boneheaded plays last night -- them two were great with the screen & roll/give & go last night. Pau is Pau, you can't replace him with Larry Sanders & expect things to get better.

I think the Lakers are back of needing a solid PG, don't get me wrong, I like Steve Blake, he's been great this season, but the Lakers need a veteran PG like a 31 year old Billups (He's not 31, but just trying to make a point).

Damn, I don't care what yall say ... I miss Fisher.
    Kobe lost all the leverage on what we do with Pau when he signed that MAX contract. let go off Pau he has nothing left....in the tank and we dont have money to sign him...

time to look at the future...now and sanders was balling last yr before he got injured in the immature bar fight...

why we need a veteran PG? to get abused every night when the league is so stacked at the PG position? if you want for leadership purpose then I can understand but no not for playing purposes...

we can also get a guy like Giannis Antetokounmpo

Home of the 16

Default Re: Gasol poised for MVP season

Originally posted by Godzuki.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Full Story:[/COLOR] LINK

“The fact that I’m not getting the ball in the post affects directly my aggressiveness,” he said. “When I’m not getting the ball where I want to, where I’m most effective, where I can bang guys and utilize my skill, that affects my aggressiveness and overall intensity….

“This year hasn’t been ideal, certain things are not ideal for me, but that’s not going to change any time soon,” he said.
    Any thoughts, DK?

Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

Default Re: [Official Pau Gasol Thread] Pau poised for MVP

I've been knocking Pau since last year or shall we say since when Antoni took over at the helm Pau has not look like the old Pau of championship years. Coincidentally all along it was Antoni's perimeter offense that's keeping Pau from posting up and his average has gone down but Antoni says otherwise that Pau's lack of intensity is keeping him from diving to the basket hmmn? Now according to bleachers report Pau is finally voicing his opinion.
    1887597-frustrated-pau-gasol-calls-out-mike-dantoni

Default Re: [Official Pau Gasol Thread] Pau poised for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Da Kobester
    I've been knocking Pau since last year or shall we say since when Antoni took over at the helm Pau has not look like the old Pau of championship years. Coincidentally all along it was Antoni's perimeter offense that's keeping Pau from posting up and his average has gone down but Antoni says otherwise that Pau's lack of intensity is keeping him from diving to the basket hmmn? Now according to bleachers report Pau is finally voicing his opinion.
    1887597-frustrated-pau-gasol-calls-out-mike-dantoni
    as far as I am concerned Pau Gasol can go FCUK himself

Default Re: Gasol poised for MVP season

Originally posted by Godzuki.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Full Story:[/COLOR] LINK

Any thoughts, DK?
    Every time Pau opens his mouth he comes across like a complete idiot, he seriously needs to shut his pie hole. Everyone knows that Pau wasn't aggressive BEFORE 'Antoni got here
    He's not aggressive because he has a V@gina, plain and simple.

If he were smart he would've just said that he plays his best basketball in the paint but the coach won't allow him to post up......then even I could have a bit of sympathy for him.