Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
sosolid4u09
Great young streetballer

sosolid4u09 has no real reputation yet.
Default Nets fans, talk to me about my boy D-Will!

Deron is my favourite pg in the nba. I haven't seen much of the brooklyn nets this year but whenever I see his box score he seems to be shooting poorly and not really posting assist numbers like he used to.

I know the nets are playing really well so clearly derons doing something right. But can someone explain his dip in efficiency and assists this year? What's going on?
sosolid4u09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
Tking714
I can dunk

Tking714 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nets fans, talk to me about my boy D-Will!

More focus on Brook Lopez isolations in the post. Deron gets double teamed and tripled like usual. A lot of his shots are bail out half as$ed jumpers. Stackhouse and JJ are hesitant to shoot of the catch and as a result will try to make a move before pulling their jumper. Bogans is allergic to offense. Marshon is still being strung along by Avery, similar to how Devin Harris was; except Harris saw the court more because of his Defense. The backcourt is still getting used to each other.

To me D Will is the best PG for a pick-and-roll big man, so most of his assist are to Humphries who isn't really an option unless its a break or a broken play. Lopez on the other hand likes to shoot the Jumper or take the man on his own.

Pretty much to sum up the low fg% and the lower assist numbers. His options prefer the isolation. If his options don't shoot, then he does.

The way I explained it all you may think I'm describing a poor team, but in practice it goes much smoother than it sounds. Again there are times where it's dull to watch them because the chemistry isn't quite there but they're playing fundamental inside-out basketball with a true PG. JJ just has to pull it more.
Tking714 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: