Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #31
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Barkley believes NBA might rig lottery for the Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Your right, but it certainly help's. Look at the Clipper's, they went from being in the bottom in filling in seat's now they are a top 5 ticket selling team.

I dont think it is a big deal though to be honest.
its not huge for the league in total though. For the franchise sure. People act like Brooklyn being good is something the league can't live without. Considering there has only been 1 team in NY forever i don't see this at all.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #32
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Because people like you used to watch and dissect it. If a ball was dropped, the machine got stuck, anything went wrong you'd claim they cheated.

And yes, it would be a big freaking deal if the league got caught riggning the lottery. Its different than a ref cheating. its the league cheating.

COngress is going to investigate bounty gate, you think they wouldn't take a look at the NBA cheating?

So you're implying that you believe it was "one rogue official?"

That's what I mean by sacrificing someone. They could easily say STERN was corrupt, he let the power get to his head...

The machine getting stuck is about as likely as someone getting killed by a bad rebound bounce. Do you really think if a ball got stuck people would think cheating? Does that mean, to you, no knowledge is better than the possibility of an anomaly? You'd rather just have things told to you so you can believe them?

How many times has the lottery done that shit with balls. Do you think balls get stuck there? Do you think it would matter? I'm still failing to see how the ball-drawing machine could fail in a way that would postpone the lottery or, even, be indicative of cheating... especially more so than a closed room where they just tell you what happened and you believe it.

Edit: Keep in mind that I am not discussing NJ getting the number 1 pick. I am discussing the possibility that the NBA could influence the pick order and that it's not completely random.
-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #33
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Hope so. CHA is a small city with a horrible managment all around that doesn't deserve #1 picks.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #34
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
So you're implying that you believe it was "one rogue official?"

That's what I mean by sacrificing someone. They could easily say STERN was corrupt, he let the power get to his head...

The machine getting stuck is about as likely as someone getting killed by a bad rebound bounce. Do you really think if a ball got stuck people would think cheating? Does that mean, to you, no knowledge is better than the possibility of an anomaly? You'd rather just have things told to you so you can believe them?

How many times has the lottery done that shit with balls. Do you think balls get stuck there? Do you think it would matter? I'm still failing to see how the ball-drawing machine could fail in a way that would postpone the lottery or, even, be indicative of cheating... especially more so than a closed room where they just tell you what happened and you believe it.

Edit: Keep in mind that I am not discussing NJ getting the number 1 pick. I am discussing the possibility that the NBA could influence the pick order and that it's not completely random.
-Smak

Basically you are saying the league would risk ruin the league in order to make sure teams got slightly better picks which in the grand scheme of things wouldn't add that much revenue to the league.

I'm sorry, that makes no sense.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #35
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Yes Stern will rig the lottery AGAIN, and the owners, presidents, GM's of the other lottery teams will take it with a smile... because they are dumbasses.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #36
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Basically you are saying the league would risk ruin the league in order to make sure teams got slightly better picks which in the grand scheme of things wouldn't add that much revenue to the league.

I'm sorry, that makes no sense.

I guess, man. It must also not make sense to offer perks to college players to get them to come to a certain school.

Money is more important than fair play. Professional sports are entertainment.

D Rose in Chicago, for instance... lucky bounce?

I don't think it's entirely corrupt. I think it can be used for "good" too, as in punishing teams for tanking.

The risk isn't nearly as high as you think and the reward is much higher. You saw how hype people got about Lin, you know how fast a player can change a franchise.

A player can choose the team he wants to go to after his rookie contact is up, sure, but it's not the same as having a player get drafted and stay with the team. The fans are much more bonded to a player they drafted.

When you add in Jersey sales, TV money, and tickets... I think the number that you end up with is pretty insane. And the risk is not even a worry. Did you know people are actually trafficking drugs in the united states? Did you know there is organized crime? Just saying...

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #37
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

It would be massive if the NBA ever got caught rigging a lottery. Imagine a class action from all the teams in the lottery against the NBA for loss of revenue for the years Lebron or Rose were drafted.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #38
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
Yes Stern will rig the lottery AGAIN, and the owners, presidents, GM's of the other lottery teams will take it with a smile... because they are dumbasses.

Probably. It always comes down to money and the biggest markets make the most money for the league.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #39
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
It would be massive if the NBA ever got caught rigging a lottery. Imagine a class action from all the teams in the lottery against the NBA for loss of revenue for the years Lebron or Rose were drafted.

Could be, but what's the chance that the NBA gets caught rigging it? Like Smak said they do it in a closed room with only a few people in there. I doubt the chance of them getting caught is even above half a percent.
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #40
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope Barkley is wrong, because I want Portland to have the Nets pick.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #41
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Jordan will draft another bust. That's another waste of good draft pick.

That or ruin his career by mentally destroying him.
I can see whoever gets picked by the Bobcats pull a Steve Francis sulk.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #42
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
pretty much whoever wins the lottery this year people are gonna have an excuse as the why it's rigged.... im just hoping for cleveland to get a nice high pick.

If Cavs win it's cause Stern wants to help out his butt-buddy (Gilbert) some more since Bron left

Yes, I suppose you're right. There is an excuse for almost every bad team haha!
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #43
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

any chance Suns win the lottery if we miss the playoffs? :P
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: