Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 AM   #16
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Arvydas Sabonis vs Vlade Divac

sabonis
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:24 AM   #17
JeanPaulGaultier
I airball my layups

JeanPaulGaultier has an OK reputation so far

Sabonis for sure! One of my favs of all time. I like Divac (especially for the kick out to Horry) but Sabonis is the man. He could shoot from all over but he is the best passing big man I have ever seen. If you were open Bonus was going to find you. I still remember him doing a behind the back wraparound on some NJ scrub center and the guy didn't even know the ball left his hand.
JeanPaulGaultier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:31 AM   #18
PaPaK
Decent playground baller

PaPaK has an OK reputation so far

NBA career = Divac, obviously because he was in the NBA much longer (numbers are close, Divac was an All-Star in 2000 or 2001 not sure, his early career with Lakers where they went conference finals i think, everything he did in Sacramento, him being top 20 in blocked shots in the NBA all time etc. > what Sabonis did with Portland)

overall talent/better prime = Sabonis by a mile and not just over Divac but I would take him over anyone but Shaq.

by the way Divac was better at passing, he was the best passing C in the league. c-webb, duncan, shaq were all good but not close to divac, and I know I used to watch like every single Sacramento Kings game from 01 to 04.. Divac was also better at flopping. Sabonis was just a force, too bad he came to NBA so late.

Sabonis destroying Robinson in 1986
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mwuNWNSgeQ

Sabonis posterized by Danilovic, 1995 EURO championship, Yugoslavia with Divac beat Lithuania with Sabonis and won it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AtSs_6tvn4

Vlade Divac dominating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMBxBVl3Ly8

Vlade Divac drunk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-bFq5eP96Y

Olympic Games 1996 Basketball SemiFinal : Serbia - Lithuania
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSznduzPo4c

to the guy who made started the thread. Sabonis was born in USSR, which later disbanded to make Russia. Lithuania (where Sabonis is actually from) etc., and Divac was born in Yugoslavia which disbanded to make Serbia (where Divac is from, also Peja, Radmanovic, Krstic, Pavlovic, Milicic etc) Croatia (Kukoc, Petrovic etc) etc. hope that you learned something after reading this.
PaPaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:28 AM   #19
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Well, they were both born in the USSR (before it was disbanded).

please tell me that you're kidding.

look up the map and take a look how far lithuania is from serbia. basically on the opposite end of the continent. and no, serbia wasn't in USSR.

sorry to break it down to you.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:33 AM   #20
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas

look up the map and take a look how far lithuania is from serbia. basically on the opposite end of the continent. and no, serbia wasn't in USSR.

:
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:34 AM   #21
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas

I'm glad someone else did it, so I wouldn't have to. American ignorance of world geography is really shocking. Distance from Lithuania to southern Serbia where Divac is from is akin to Boston to South Carolina. Which would mean that the Celtics made a blockbuster trade for a local boy this summer according to that logic.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:41 AM   #22
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Obviously Sabonis was a beast in his prime. Had he played in the NBA in his prime he would be a hall of famer.

He'll be in the HOF...remember, the HOF isn't just an NBA hall of fame, it's for the entire sport of basketball. He will get in for sure one day
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:59 AM   #24
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

NBA career: Vlade
Overall game: Sabonis, there really isn't anything to debate.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:05 AM   #25
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Arvydas Sabonis, I heard that he once scored 100 points in the Euroleague, and during his prime he was doubt as one of the Greates European player of all time.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:21 AM   #26
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Sabonis was the better player. Divac probably had the better career.

It's funny that both came to the same end in the playoffs, just couldn't get past Shaq. Divac was the key to a very good Kings team, not sure if Sabonis was as important to Portland, but their careers are remarkably similar in the late 90's and 00's.

Wish Sabonis had played in his prime though, guy was one of the best physical specimens I've seen.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #27
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Arvydas Sabonis, I heard that he once scored 100 points in the Euroleague, and during his prime he was doubt as one of the Greates European player of all time.

The Euroleague record is 63 points and isn't held by Sabonis. Sabonis wasn't a big-time scorer, but his versatility had few peers in general. Although I feel that some overrate him by saying that if he stayed healthy he'd reach Olajuwon levels, he was clearly better than Divac. Only thing where Divac was a little better would be dribbling, but this doesn't really matter. Actually, it cost Yugoslavia a game against the Soviet Union, when a young Divac tried to dribble near the center of the court and commited traveling. Divac was more like a poor man's Sabonis.
Psileas is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: