Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Need some comfortable, cheap headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    They stretch and get bigger for large heads, if at the maximum you were still getting clamp then that sucks. They aren't overly bright, which makes voices sound more natural. If you are used to bright headphones/high treble it will take a bit for your brain to adjust.

But yeah, they are $20 headphones after all. Can't have everything.
    My head is actually on the smaller side, but they were still really uncomfortable. They are a bit oddly shaped, which contributes to the clamp, imo. When I first had them I didn't think of anything particularly negative about the sound, but I've had a bunch of other headphones since and I have to say in comparison that one was the muddiest sounding for things other than bass. I'd still absolutely recommend the Koss, crazy good at the price, especially for only home use.

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
    My head is actually on the smaller side, but they were still really uncomfortable. They are a bit oddly shaped, which contributes to the clamp, imo. When I first had them I didn't think of anything particularly negative about the sound, but I've had a bunch of other headphones since and I have to say in comparison that one was the muddiest sounding for things other than bass. I'd still absolutely recommend the Koss, crazy good at the price, especially for only home use.
    Forgot all about the Porta Pro. For sound quality alone they are super good in that price range.

I don't recall the comfort being that great from the brief time i had with them, and they aren't really something you'd leave home with.
    Last edited by Suguru101; 10-24-2014 at 04:17 PM.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    Forgot all about the Porta Pro. For sound quality alone they are super good in that price range.

I don't recall the comfort being that great from the brief time i had with them, and they aren't really something you' leave home with.
    The one I linked is actually the KSC75, a clip on model. It doesn't have a band like the portapro, but I think that's why they might be more comfortable (more freedom). Yeah they definitely aren't for outside use, they're ugly and they leak sound and don't seal. However, for home use they hit the spot. I've gone through a bunch of different headphones before of varying price ranges, and the Koss is the only cheap one I still keep and use regularly when I'm on the computer.

any 1 had experience with these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRZX100-...ony+headphones
    top priority is sound and comfort

NBA Superstar

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq...ls+LLC-1122587

i don't buy expensive headphones, keyboards, or mice anymore. they all go bad way too quick. you can always get good enough ones for so much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq...ls+LLC-1122587

i don't buy expensive headphones, keyboards, or mice anymore. they all go bad way too quick. you can always get good enough ones for so much cheaper.
    already have those. good sound but super uncomfortable. i need something that i can marathon anime with and not make my ears hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    ^^Had two of those Sony MDRs.

Currently using these Sennheiser HD 201.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Lig...nnheiser+hd201

The Sennheiser is more comfortable because it over your entire ear, which also keeps your ears warm.
    My ears tend to get way too hot though. Do they trap heat?