Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wizardly Cool
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Legend of Zelda - Rate the Games

Just like the Super Mario thread, this one pays tribute to the Zelda franchise (IMO, the greatest video game franchise of all time).

I'll give my ratings using the 1 - 10 scale. Here goes. Please note I did not include any Gameboy or DS versions.

The Legend of Zelda (the original for the NES) - 8 out of 10

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - 7 out of 10

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - 10 out of 10

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 10 out of 10

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 8.5 out of 10

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - 10 out of 10

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 10 out of 10 (not yet finished)

_____

Like I said, greatest franchise ever. I don't expect your ratings to differ too much, but please add yours.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Default Re: Legend of Zelda - Rate the Games

I liked, played and passed Zelda 2. I played Zelda 1 some. Actually I've always felt that Zelda games were overrated.

Come to think of it franchises like Zelda and Super Mario get the Bret Favre treatment. No matter how good or bad they are, they still get alot of respect and everyone kisses their a$$.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Never got completely into Zelda but I do remember playign Ocarina of time ALOT. Very good game and it does deserve a 10 out of 10. Majora's Mask was very good too, but it got too different too quickly. People need to be eased into change, especially when the original was so good to start with.

Zelda Oriciana of Time is 1 of MY ALL TIME FAVORITE GAME

the fighting mongooses Miller Time's Avatar

I liked all zelda games ever the one for Game boy, but I did not like Wind waker

The Only Way

I think beating the Ocarina of Time was one of the greatest days of my life. Seriously, that was the first time I had actually beaten a HARD game. Majora's Mask was really hard but still a decent game and I enjoyed it for the most part but I didnt finish it.

Ocarina of Time was the only Zelda that I beat and I never found those stinking spirit arrows. One thing I did like about Zelda was you could save whenever you wanted too. Not like games today where you have "save points." Seriously, thats so ****ing retarded. Sometimes people have **** to do and have to save at that moment.

BTW does Zelda actually APPEAR in majora's mask and any of the ones after that? Because I remember in Ocarina of Time that's when you pretty much save her.

NBA rookie of the year

Main Storyline Games:

Ocarina of Time 10/10

Twilight Princess 9/10

Wind Waker 9/10

Majoras Mask 8/10 (I still liked it but the story was just... a filler storyline)

Link to the Past 8/10 (10/10 for a 2D game, but overall I don't really like the overheads)

First Legend of Zelda 7/10 (10/10 for its time, but it just kind of pales in comparison to all these 3D games now)

Adventures of Link 7/10 (5/10 for its insane difficulty at the tie)

Side Games

Links Awakening- 10/10 only because of the handheld innovation of the time.

Oracle of Seasons/Ages - 7/10 meh.. been there done that feel

Four Swords- 7/10 meh..

Four Swords Adventure - 8/10 fun multiplayer

Phantom Hourglass - 7/10 Too easy, no challenge, but very funny dialog and decent story.

I've played & finsished almost all of the zelda games except for the handheld ones and Twilight Princess. I thought all of them were awesom, the SNES version being the best so far.
    The two I did not like:

Zelda 2 was OK. Just felt too different to be a zelda game. I didn't really like the game mechanics.

Windwaker was great until the stupid sail around the sea part which killed the game for me. I don't understand why and how Nintendo is letting the QC people let crap like that through. They're artificially lengthening the game and adding nothing to it. I understand twilight princess has a similar sequence though not quiet as bad, but it's enough of a reason for me to not buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
    I think beating the Ocarina of Time was one of the greatest days of my life. Seriously, that was the first time I had actually beaten a HARD game. Majora's Mask was really hard but still a decent game and I enjoyed it for the most part but I didnt finish it.

Ocarina of Time was the only Zelda that I beat and I never found those stinking spirit arrows. One thing I did like about Zelda was you could save whenever you wanted too. Not like games today where you have "save points." Seriously, thats so ****ing retarded. Sometimes people have **** to do and have to save at that moment.

BTW does Zelda actually APPEAR in majora's mask and any of the ones after that? Because I remember in Ocarina of Time that's when you pretty much save her.
    I thought Majoras mask was easy, the last boss was so easy I doubt I even lost a heart. The only hard part about it was the water tempel.

oh and for those who have not played Twilight Princess, to me it was the easiest zelda game ever. Atleast much easier than Majora's and Ocarina

The Only Way

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Time
    I thought Majoras mask was easy, the last boss was so easy I doubt I even lost a heart. The only hard part about it was the water tempel.
    I played this when I was relatively young and I couldnt figure everything out. I just got tired of trying to figure out how to actually find a temple.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
    I played this when I was relatively young and I couldnt figure everything out. I just got tired of trying to figure out how to actually find a temple.
    oh ok, yeah games were really hard when you are a kid.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

IMO Ocarina of Time was the GOAT Zelda games and arguably the GOAT adventure games. Amazing game, great story, good graphics for its time. That game had it all.

RomoSexual
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

My list is

1. Zelda Link to the Past

2. Ocarina of Time

3. Twilight Princes

4. Wind Waker

5. Zelda

6. Majoras Mask

7. Zelda 2

and I agree, Best franchise ever.

OoT is the greatest video game ever made IMO.