Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Here is why CHICAGO may be the best city in America... pictures included

Quote Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt
    I always wanted to see that fountain they have in the intro of Married With Children
    U could see it the next time u go to the Taste

Default Re: Here is why CHICAGO may be the best city in America... pictures included

the government sucks. full of corruption and will do anything to steal money out of our pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    Los Angeles, New York, Miami, San Francisco.... yeah there is no other major city with a beach and a view
    Nobody trying to spend $2,000 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    the government sucks. full of corruption and will do anything to steal money out of our pockets.
    Not saying what you said isn't true but NYC, NJ, and Cali got it worse.

1.) New York City

2a.) Los Angeles
    2b.) San Francisco

4.) Chicago

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    Los Angeles, New York, Miami, San Francisco.... yeah there is no other major city with a beach and a view
    The key is "major" city. LA is major but it does not have beaches right next to their downtown because their downtown it not next to the water. New York (Manhattan) simply does not have beaches until you get to Long Island and places like that. Miami does but Miami is not considered a world "Alpha City" according to the rankings, it does not have the economy Chicago has and its population is not close to Chicago's. Again, the same argument can be made regarding San Fran. Also I have never seen beach pictures adjacent to their downtown skyline. They may exists so if you have seen some go ahead and post them.

Like I said before, this is rare.

Last edited by TheTruth11; 10-27-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    So the government has been lying to me about all the gang wars in Chicago!!! Those bastards. According to you it looks like Chicago is all fun and sunshine with beautiful scenery.
    Yep, that is true. The C.H.I. gets a bad rap because the man that now sits in the White House calls Chicago home. And don't get me wrong, like all major cities, there are problems with crime but what you don't hear about is how those problems are primarily isolated to 2 or 3 neighborhoods that anyone with half a brain can easily avoid.

Chicago has a metro area approaching 10 Million people and the metro land area is vast, you would really have to be looking for trouble to find yourself in those 2 or 3 neighborhoods that should be avoided.

Dunking on everybody in the park

**** y'all this is the best city in the Americas:

PS: This photos were taken during the winter.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Anyone who's interested in the architecture and layout of Chicago should check out the book Devil in The White City. It's actually about HH Holmes, the serial killer, who built a terrifying murder hotel with trap doors and secret passageways and the like, but each chapter flips with the story of the architect hired to assemble the city for the World Fair they had there in the early 20th century. That fountain and that whole park came out of that fair. And tons of the older architecture in the city he and his firm did and it's still there.

I've got a friend from there who's very well off, and he finances a ton of resturants there, and belongs to a bunch of different social clubs and stuff, and because of that I've gotten way more access to the city than I really have any right to.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Even though Walt Disney was a Chicago native, u can see why there isn't a Disneyland or Disney World here.

That b*tch would only be opened for 4 or 5 months
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 10-27-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    Yep, that is true. The C.H.I. gets a bad rap because the man that now sits in the White House calls Chicago home. And don't get me wrong, like all major cities, there are problems with crime but what you don't hear about is how those problems are primarily isolated to 2 or 3 neighborhoods that anyone with half a brain can easily avoid.

Chicago has a metro area approaching 10 Million people and the metro land area is vast, you would really have to be looking for trouble to find yourself in those 2 or 3 neighborhoods that should be avoided.

I don't think this has anything to do with the man in the White House.

Chicago has been among the top three cities with the most murders since 1985. *

Cabrini-Green was a nationwide symbol of crime since the 1980's as well.

*It's also the third largest city in America, so you need to account for population when you calculate murder rates.

Metro area is not considered when crime rates in a city are calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by B-hoop
    **** y'all this is the best city in the Americas:

PS: This photos were taken during the winter.

Good stuff. I have always been a big fan of Rio. Paris is another city that I really like. And most cities in Italy I am a big fan of as well.

There are many great cities across the world. I just thought it was time Chicago got some love. For people who have been to Chicago I have often heard it called "the best kept secret in the country." And really, Chicagoans tend to like it that way.

As someone who has a job that requires me to travel to just about every city in the United States, I tend to agree with them - it is a secret treasure. Sure I have a natural bias but I honestly believe that as far as summer cities go, I would take it #1. Just so soo much to do. I have not even started to touch on the neighborhood scene in Chicago... the pubs, dance clubs, live music spots, etc. Summers are crazy fun in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    New York (Manhattan) simply does not have beaches until you get to Long Island and places like that.
    New York city is not just Manhattan.

And yes since Manhattan is on two rivers, there aren't beaches, but there are beaches within the 5 boroughs

Coney Island, Brighton Beach and Manhattan Beach are in Brooklyn.

Rockaway Beach and Riis Park are in Queens

Orchard Beach is in the Bronx.

Staten Island has the most beaches in the city.

You can take the subway to several beaches in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    I don't think this has anything to do with the man in the White House.

Chicago has been among the top three cities with the most murders since 1985. *

Cabrini-Green was a nationwide symbol of crime since the 1980's as well.

*It's also the third largest city in America, so you need to account for population when you calculate murder rates.

Metro area is not considered when crime rates in a city are calculated.
    Wow, you had to go all the way back to 1980 huh?

As I stated before, most of Chicago's crime is isolated to certain areas. And it is mostly thug on thug. Not always but that is mostly the case. You rarely if ever hear about visitors becoming victims of crime. As a visitor you would really have to go looking for trouble to find it.