Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: I just can't fully respect players who don't guard stars at their positions

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Sometimes. Curry hardly ever guards stars. It's so weak

Only cos Westbrook was murdering them that series. He took the challenge
    Durant 28.5 on 50%.

Westbrook 25.2 on 37%.

Default Re: I just can't fully respect players who don't guard stars at their positions

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Why do you want to be black so bad?
    Are you retarded or naw? Not only have I posted my music on these boards with my pic, I again posted my mugshots on this forum because of racist cops. You kids on this board must think it's godly to be black, but don't even think about the negatives like when I go to SunTrust to grab some cash and everyone in there lookin at me like im gonna rob the place cause I got dreads. You about the dumbest son of a b!tch on this forum bar none. What you wanna be black or somethin? Yea it's good to be black but not as amazing as you obviously think it is for you to believe someone would pretend to be it. Get ya sh!t together yung bul. It ain't dat serious.

And Lebron23, WTF is wrong with you? Why would someone pretend to be a different race than they are?

Calm your little brown ass down, son.

Back to Business

this is dumb logic. its a reason sports is like chess. You gotta know where to put your pieces IF you want to win. Now if you don't want to win...SURE let curry guard westbrook....hell let curry guard Durant..that would be awesome

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Are you retarded or naw? Not only have I posted my music on these boards with my pic, I again posted my mugshots on this forum because of racist cops. You kids on this board must think it's godly to be black, but don't even think about the negatives like when I go to SunTrust to grab some cash and everyone in there lookin at me like im gonna rob the place cause I got dreads. You about the dumbest son of a b!tch on this forum bar none. What you wanna be black or somethin? Yea it's good to be black but not as amazing as you obviously think it is for you to believe someone would pretend to be it. Get ya sh!t together yung bul. It ain't dat serious.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Did you watch the game just last night?

Curry was on Westbrook a lot.

Do you think Jordan guarded the opposing team's best player at all times? Or did Pippen sometimes take the assignment?
    Jordan guarded his POSITION. When did you ever see him hiding from his positional matchup?

I wouldn't go as far as the thread title but I can't respect you as a DEFENDER if you don't take the challenge and guard star players at your position in most instances.

Someone brought up Chris Paul, he's like the only star PG who is COMPETITIVE enough and prideful enough of his defense to take the challenge and guard the other elite players every night. Once in a while he'll get cooked, that happens at times, but at least he doesn't hide. How cowardly would it look if they put JJ Redick or Austin Rivers on Curry/Westbrook/Lillard, etc while he saves energy for offense?

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetchoked
    Harden is a bad defender and a lot of that is from a lack of effort. Curry is an average to good defender because he tries on defense. Like the poster above said, why wouldn't you put your teams best defenders on Westbrook? That's what teammates are for, to help make up for each others weaknesses to form a complete basketball team. And curry does guard the other teams pg, just not on every single possession, they switch up defensive assignments throughout the game. It would be silly to leave curry on the other teams best offensive player it would gas him out.

And what's up with people trashing great teams? No player wins without a great team. The point is to have a better team than the other guy, right?
    But the hate comes from the "best player" argument. For me you can not be the best player if you ain't a two way player. I don't care how great your offense is. Because there are other players out there putting similar numbers but busting their asses on defense as well. But they do not get the recognition because their game ain't as pretty to the eyes as certain players in this league. We all know people love, flashy players. High flyers, no look 3s players LOL. But best player means, complete player. Offense is not the only criteria to determine who's the best player and who's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Jordan guarded his POSITION. When did you ever see him hiding from his positional matchup?

I wouldn't go as far as the thread title but I can't respect you as a DEFENDER if you don't take the challenge and guard star players at your position in most instances.

Someone brought up Chris Paul, he's like the only star PG who is COMPETITIVE enough and prideful enough of his defense to take the challenge and guard the other elite players every night. Once in a while he'll get cooked, that happens at times but at least he doesn't hide. How cowardly would it look if they put JJ Redick or Austin Rivers on Curry/Westbrook/Lillard/etc while he saves energy for offense?
    Easy to state this when there were clearly no all time great talents at his position during his reign. (Maybe Drexler) It isn't true because I have seen other players guarding Hornacek for instance, but whatever. The PG position has far more elite talent in today's NBA than SG has ever had in any era.

You have an agenda and it's easily detected.

I rule the local playground Klay 3D's Avatar

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Post it again. I haven't seen your mugshot. Ok. I now believe that you are Black.
    Told you that you are a racist.

Why are you posting pictures of Paul guarding players? You can capture pictures of just last year when Curry was guarding Bran in the finals and stopping him from scoring.

Random pictures are meaningless.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    this is dumb logic. its a reason sports is like chess. You gotta know where to put your pieces IF you want to win. Now if you don't want to win...SURE let curry guard westbrook....hell let curry guard Durant..that would be awesome

OP wants a WWE cage match with Curry and Westbrook.

I rule the local playground Klay 3D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Why are you posting pictures of Paul guarding players? You can capture pictures of just last year when Curry was guarding Bran in the finals and stopping him from scoring.

Random pictures are meaningless.
    CP3 actually guarded them on a play by play basis.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by Klay 3D

don't sit here and act like cp3 guards those dudes every game all game.smh....put cp3 on LeBron for a whole series and watch what happens.

Im sure you can find some pics of cp3 guarding payers bigger than them......FOR A POSSESSION.smh

Quote Originally Posted by Klay 3D
    CP3 actually guarded them on a play by play basis.
    Paul has never guarded Bran or Durant for an entire game.

He gets switched onto them through pick and rolls.