15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Anthony Bennett to the D-League?

http://fansided.com/2013/11/20/cavs-...got-ask-chris/

When Mike Brown was asked if sending the #1 pick to the D-League was an option his response was "you got to ask Chris" referencing the GM..

Damn. Not exactly a confidence booster for Bennett..is he really that bad?

It's obvious the Cavs should have taken MCW to replace the struggling Kyrie, who didnt see that coming?
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 11-21-2013 at 12:54 AM.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Anthony Bennett to the D-League?

Was Mike Brown on board with this pick?

Lard ass needs playing time, rather if that's in the NBA or D-League. Good move if he is.

Banned

No one expected MCW to be this good so mentioning him just shows you knew jack shit about college ball last season.

In regards to bennett and the d-league, i think if they handled it well it could actually help him. In summer league he showed he does have the talent and can be a beast when he gets going but he had stretches where he looked horrible. Maybe some confidence building and some time to step back and get away from all the pressure could help him long term? Don't know his situation but if he is overwhelmed could work out

He needs minutes, obviously his confidence is low as fu*k

Banned

Should shed 10 pounds before even thinking playing in the NBA.

Going all michael sweetney on us is truly sad cause he was the offensive arsenal to be a beast.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    No one expected MCW to be this good so mentioning him just shows you knew jack shit about college ball last season.

I guess Yao Ming went over your head

he has definitely got talent, but its unrefined. He can kinda shoot it, but not well enough to justify how many jumpers hes taking. he looked like he had some post up chops, and could take guys off the dribble in college. we havent seen that so far in the league. and he is definitely explosive, but he just looks outmatched at the moment.

as for his defense, its been ok, its improved as the season has gone on.

but at the end of the day, tristan, andy, and bynum are all much better players, and he doesnt deserve to take any time away from them.

it was thought that maybe he could play the 3, but brown said in the off season that he doesnt see him as a SF (or at least, not a SF this season, iirc). maybe if he loses a lot of weight, he could be a big burly SF, who just bullies smaller SFs down on the block.

he'll be ok, but its not like hes some incredible talent. i think most years, he would slip out of the top 5 of a draft, last year just sucked.

i wouldnt have a problem with sending him to the d-league. i want to see the cavs in the playoffs, and it doesnt seem like bennett can help them right now.

Lol at MCW replacing a "struggling" Kyrie...... would of been nice to have him though. I am yet to give up on Bennett but if he needs to go to the D-League, so be it.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Was Mike Brown on board with this pick?

Lard ass needs playing time, rather if that's in the NBA or D-League. Good move if he is.

Yes. Mike Brown reportedly liked Bennett a lot pre draft.