Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-21-2014, 04:40 AM   #4876
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKong
Also Jamie fvcking his sister next to his dead son.

YOLO.
its not rape if she liked it
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:11 AM   #4877
KyleKong
ISH Rookie of The Year

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

Ye Ol' Kobe Bryant defense.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #4878
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

cool google-style map http://quartermaester.info/
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:37 AM   #4879
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That dragon is sick. And does it have armor on its body? Even crazy. How are dragons killed?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #4880
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What are those cannibal people called and what is the name of the main cannibal?

They've clearly made themselves more badass than the wildlings and the white walkers.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #4881
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In the books they mention that the only way it to stab one through the eye deep enough to hit the brain. But thats for the giant full sized ones. Small ones can just be stabbed but it still takes a lot.

And the cannibals are the Thenns. In the books they arent cannibals but some of the other wildlings are. They just kinda mixed 2 clans together to make them for the show. Im guessing the leader is Styr the Magnar of Thenn. Magnar just means "Lord" in their language. They are the only wildlings with lords and laws and such.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #4882
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
True, she might not have wanted it in the beginning but I can bet you she was enjoying it 10 seconds in.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #4883
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And I didnt care for how they made Jaime pretty much rape her. In the books Jaime didnt arrive until that scene. He missed the whole wedding and all. Just showed up while she was standing over Joffrey laid out like he was. He ****ed her but she only resisted for a second. And they made it pretty graphic. She was on her period....they ****ed on the table right next to the body...knocking over candles and shit. It was at the least...rude. But both of them wanted it.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #4884
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

alenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsalenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsalenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsalenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsalenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsalenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

how many seasons will it take for daenerys and her crew to make it to the westeros?
the new dario sucks btw.. you cant let an actor quit in the middle of the show.. you are rated 9.5 on imdb ffs
and those kids bran, arya and joffrey's brother are growing faster than walt in lost..
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #4885
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

The actors were too old in the first season. They had to decide then that they didnt care about it. Bran is like 10 in the last book....Tommen is 8. Arya is still 11 or so.

Tommon is now played by an actor who is 15. And Joffrey died i nthe book at I think...13.

All that is long gone out the window.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #4886
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

alenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsalenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsalenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsalenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsalenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsalenleomessi has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #4887
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've really enjoyed the season thus far. I feel like treating the Joffrey murder as a real mystery instead of following both reality and the perception makes for a nice angle.

And I agree with whoever it was up there talking about how Dany drags. But I do actually find her TV character cleaner than the book character. As much as she drags, at least it's in shorter spurts, plus it's some of the best looking stuff on the show, which is really saying something. And they've cut it down enough to make it at least accessible. In the book it's just endless language about her dragging these poor people across desolate landscapes and taking over a sequence of seemingly indistinguishable cities. It just feels like they've visualized better than I think the books did. And Emilia Clark has really owned that roll, to the point where I feel the character is more compelling than it was in writing.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #4888
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Id say her, Varys, Bronn, and Tywin all kill their book versions.

Id be fine watching Tywin teach his grandson how to rule for an hour.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #4889
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Id say her, Varys, Bronn, and Tywin all kill their book versions.

Id be fine watching Tywin teach his grandson how to rule for an hour.

I'd agree with that list. And say she's particularly impressive, because of that group, I believe she's the only one with POV chapters in the books right? Maybe Tywin and Varys have a couple. I don't recall exactly.

The Bronn from the show is practically a brand new character, and provides a great counterbalance for Tyrion to play off of during what in the books would just be exposition.

I've read some complaints about Bronn replacing Sir Illyn Payne as Jamie's training partner. Since it's already not happening, this isn't a spoiler, but I'll fill it out in case anyone cares in white.

In the books, Sir Illyn Payne, who's the creepy swordsmen of Joffrey's, is Jamie's partner for training lefthanded. He's the guy who freaks out Sansa. Is often with the hound in season one. He beheads Ned. And when Stannis is attacking King's Landing, he's left behind with the women to kill them if the gates are breached.
He doesn't speak because he had his tongue removed after saying something that offended the mad king, as I recall. He's a Lannister servent. He's also the father of Tyrion's buddy Podrick.

Anyway, a big reason he's used to train in the books is because being mute and illiterate, he can't possibly tell anyone about Jamie's new shortcomings. It also lends itself to some interesting one sided conversation from Jamie in the books that are quite enlightening.

Part of the reason Payne was replaced by Bron on the show is apparently because the actor who's playing Payne is suffering badly from cancer. Being able to steal a character who has blown up as much as Bronn has is a great thing. Although I agree it doesn't make a ton of sense. We're going from a story where Payne was chosen because he physically can't rat, to a sell sword who goes to the highest bidder, and introduced his secret workout arena by explaining he uses it to secretly nail someone's wife. So not exactly a paragon of trustworthiness. But those scenes I'm looking forward to being peppered with sharp new dialogue.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #4890
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

For anyone who read the above in white...brief correction...Pod is related to him but not his son.

And yea the he and Jaime thing isnt a spoiler for a show watcher because it isnt gonna happen now. Well I guess it could since Jaime still has places to go and things to do and Payne went with him in the books while Bronn was doing other things....

And a lot of things Jaime said to Payne hed never say to anyone who could speak. Not even family. They may need to work him back in.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: