Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Allen Iverson Is the Most Overrated Player in NBA History

Iverson, and Kidd are both hyped because of getting to the finals in the weakest conference in history and the east coast bias. They were great players but their runs are what are overrated.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

participation award generation strikes again

Tell us moar about about his "efficiency/usage %'s" compare vs modern players of this completely different touchless matador defense / moving offensive screen / 3 steps on the gather era

AI was getting hammered on his drives and at 150lbs had 6-5 200+ guys able to physically touch him and dictate his movements with contact - what a concept

Play a physical game of basketball and share your efficiency with us then play a game where no touching is allowed. Report back to us what you learned.
    Last edited by hiphopanonymous; 01-19-2019 at 02:07 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

the problem is people value aesthetics over value... numbers, crossovers, dunks... you name it. AI had ultimate aesthetic value. But he was a negative asset if you wanted to win a championship or build a dynasty. That is what it is, but people are attached to their emotions and players, thats fine. its also fine to speak the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    Iverson, and Kidd are both hyped because of getting to the finals in the weakest conference in history and the east coast bias. They were great players but their runs are what are overrated.

Kidd was actually a genius player though. total irony to lump him in with iverson.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Kidd was actually a genius player though. total irony to lump him in with iverson.
    Two totally different styles but both had their flaws. I’m comparing the hype they receive because of their runs through the weakest conference in history and the east coast bias. It’s the same for both. Overrated as ****. Kidd had similar talent around him in PHX and didn’t do shit.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Except he actually was the coach killing, team wrecking, criminal people suggest AI was. If AI did the shit Jason Kidd did he might deserve half the hate he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Except he actually was the coach killing, team wrecking, criminal people suggest AI was. If AI did the shit Jason Kidd did he might deserve half the hate he gets.

he was a scumbag as a person...maybe. i dont know for sure because i dont know him personally. His basketball performance was picasso. He did nothing wrong. Iverson did a lot of things wrong.

College superstar

he was a scumbag as a person...maybe. i dont know for sure because i dont know him personally. His basketball performance was picasso. He did nothing wrong. Iverson did a lot of things wrong.
    Kidd couldn’t shoot or create his own shot worth a shit. In the half court all defenses had to do was sag off him. He was a great great great player but to say he was perfect is ridiculous and overrating him.

[QUOTE=Norcaliblunt]Kidd couldn

Local High School Star

I didn't read anything but the thread title. I think during his peak, he was massively overrated. There is no way on earth he was better than Paul Pierce at that time. I think he ended up getting a bit too much negative attention for his later career stuff, which probably balanced things out a bit overall.

If people put him in their top 25 of all time, I think that is definitely too high and would say those people are overrating him currently. But I believe legacy/impact on the sport/narrative plays a big part in all time great rankings and despite being a worse player than Paul Pierce, he has a greater legacy and wouldn't mind seeing him ranked ahead of Pierce on lists. He'd probably rank higher on mine because of it. But he wasn't better. And neither should be in the top 35.

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

When a 7 year old wants to tell you about music from 2010 do you argue or just let him be? Some fights arent worth having.

You on the subject of the early 2000s?

You might as well tell me how you felt about 9/11 while you were in daycare.

You neither seem knowledgeable or willing to really try to learn about these people you discuss. So your words are of little value to me. Im supposed to refute your "points" like I care what you think? What next? Argue with a 14 year old about Mike Tyson?

I'll talk to you about things you seem to know. So...you and I wont be sharing many real conversations.
    You don't care what i think but yet you've replied twice to me going on a tangent about how my opinions don't matter because i'm not in my 40s like you

There's something called archives, videos, stats, documentaries that can tell me all i need to know about AI without witnessing it first hand. Some of the best historians weren't around when most of the shit they research happened. I'm guessing by your logic their opinions on history don't matter? Lmao, AI nut huggers in shambles right now. And here's me thinking you were an elite poster, you're in dray n klay, superduper,smoke status right now, for shame

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    Kidd was actually good though, dude could lead teams to championships. The nets were trash before he joined, took them to the finals twice in a row. Dude was a baller, he was a point God, but his teams mates sucked. AI on the other hand was just straight mediocre, he was a midget with a greenlight

Kidd was good enough to be a coach killer. AI wasn't

the problem is people value aesthetics over value... numbers, crossovers, dunks... you name it. AI had ultimate aesthetic value. But he was a negative asset if you wanted to win a championship or build a dynasty. That is what it is, but people are attached to their emotions and players, thats fine. its also fine to speak the truth.
    So much this, it's nothing but casual fans who get their dick hard other visually pleasing things (kblaze). That's why people underate Duncan so much but overhype AI. There's a reason why when people bring up AI they always talk about him stepping over lue, dude was all aesthetics no substance. He wasn't a winning player, hence why he got ran out the league

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy3
    You don't care what i think but yet you've replied twice to me going on a tangent about how my opinions don't matter because i'm not in my 40s like you

There's something called archives, videos, stats, documentaries that can tell me all i need to know about AI without witnessing it first hand. Some of the best historians weren't around when most of the shit they research happened. I'm guessing by your logic their opinions on history don't matter? Lmao, AI nut huggers in shambles right now. And here's me thinking you were an elite poster, you're in dray n klay, superduper,smoke status right now, for shame
    The way you communicate makes me think you were born in 2007 not 1997