Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Allen Iverson Is the Most Overrated Player in NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs
    To be fair tho, in the 2001 ECF, AI played like shit. If his teammates didn't step up in that series, there's no way he would've advanced and instead we would've seen Ray Allen in that 2001 finals
    Yea but Iverson still had that leadership and presence. The bucks choked too.

Saw a basketball once

If you only look at his stats he might seem overrated but his playstyle, great handles, speed, attitude, 1 on 1 skills made him the legend he is today. Watching Iverson in his MVP season was incredible.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Having been born in about 1998 your opinion of AI when you were 3, in a league you never saw, vs defenses you have no knowledge of, run by coaches you never heard of who slowed the game down because of several other coaches you never saw run a team, with teammates who are just numbers on basketball reference to you mean less than nothing.

Literally. "Nothing" has no positive or negative traits. Your opinions pulled directly from your ass are of considerably less use....than "nothing".

On your best day...."nothing" status is still out of reach for you on this subject.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Op is a f4ggot, literally

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Having been born in about 1998 your opinion of AI when you were 3, in a league you never saw, vs defenses you have no knowledge of, run by coaches you never heard of who slowed the game down because of several other coaches you never saw run a team, with teammates who are just numbers on basketball reference to you mean less than nothing.

Literally. "Nothing" has no positive or negative traits. Your opinions pulled directly from your ass are of considerably less use....than "nothing".

On your best day...."nothing" status is still out of reach for you on this subject.

Oh man that's the ****ed up thing about arguing about anything online with pretty much anyone, and in particular the world of sports... you never know for sure when you're arguing with an 8 year old. It changes the dynamic of the conversation entirely.

It's too bad there isn't a way to require and verify age when posting online... not that I support that from an ideological standpoint... just an amusement one.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

By the way, OP, you little fa[COLOR="Black"]gg[/COLOR]ot, I would put Allen Iverson in my top 25 of all time. A lot of people would disagree with me on that one and that's fine, but there is not a single rational poster that actually watched him play that wouldn't list him in their top 50, and you claim he isn't top 100, haha... wowzah. Stick to posting what you know about the NBA... which is maybe the past year or two at absolute most, you arrogant little f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs
    Judging by your posts, you were probably born no later than 2010 so you never got to see Iverson
    He was born in 1999 in the UK. Not only was he too late to see AI in the first place, but he had to deal with time difference too.

Very good NBA starter

I think he almost ruined the league with his stupid degenerate thug style.

He was also low IQ and a chucker.

Inspired a several generations of undersized comboguards.

So yeah, all put together, probably the most toxic player ever in the NBA.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy3
    Except that i was born in the 90s, nice try. I've been him play and i've seen him chuck shot after shot
    So you were 2 years old when you saw AI in 2000?

Good one baby boi.

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

First of all your opinion is wrong off the bat, i was born in 97, you're a mod and you can't even get that simple fact right. And I didn't need to born during ww2 to tell you about it.

Two, why are we talking about defence? Ai never played defence and the paint could have been wide open for him and he still would have chucked and bricked up shots, he was overrated.

And i tell you're on of iverson nut huggers with the emotional response you just gave me, you didn't refute anything i said. There's a reason why the bum got ran out the league before he wanted to retire, he was a toxic player with an awful playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    By the way, OP, you little fa[COLOR="Black"]gg[/COLOR]ot, I would put Allen Iverson in my top 25 of all time. A lot of people would disagree with me on that one and that's fine, but there is not a single rational poster that actually watched him play that wouldn't list him in their top 50, and you claim he isn't top 100, haha... wowzah. Stick to posting what you know about the NBA... which is maybe the past year or two at absolute most, you arrogant little f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k.
    anyone who woul'd put AI in their top 25, isn't someone deserves to have their basketball opinion respected or listened to. Dudes top 125 or 100 at best

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Except that i was born in the 90s, nice try. I've been him play and i've seen him chuck shot after shot
    Which year were you born, 1998 or 1999?

Quote Originally Posted by epicfadeaway
    If you only look at his stats he might seem overrated but his playstyle, great handles, speed, attitude, 1 on 1 skills made him the legend he is today. Watching Iverson in his MVP season was incredible.
    Basketball is a team game, he was out here playing streetball. Kyrie right now at 26, is better than AI ever was. Kyrie handles are tighter, better passer, scorer, shooter, at least tries on defence and is clutch af

Preach that shit Kblaze

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

First of all your opinion is wrong off the bat, i was born in 97, you're a mod and you can't even get that simple fact right. And I didn't need to born during ww2 to tell you about it.

Two, why are we talking about defence? Ai never played defence and the paint could have been wide open for him and he still would have chucked and bricked up shots, he was overrated.

And i tell you're on of iverson nut huggers with the emotional response you just gave me, you didn't refute anything i said. There's a reason why the bum got ran out the league before he wanted to retire, he was a toxic player with an awful playstyle
    When a 7 year old wants to tell you about music from 2010 do you argue or just let him be? Some fights arent worth having.

You on the subject of the early 2000s?

You might as well tell me how you felt about 9/11 while you were in daycare.

You neither seem knowledgeable or willing to really try to learn about these people you discuss. So your words are of little value to me. Im supposed to refute your "points" like I care what you think? What next? Argue with a 14 year old about Mike Tyson?

I'll talk to you about things you seem to know. So...you and I wont be sharing many real conversations.