Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Football (soccer) Hall of Fame

ᕦ( ͡

Kahn stays

GOAT GK

One guy that barely gets mentioned is Pippo Inzaghi, i hated that guy because he was so good.

Always destroyed german teams in international competition.

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    One guy that barely gets mentioned is Pippo Inzaghi, i hated that guy because he was so good.

Always destroyed german teams in international competition.
    Mother****er killed Bayern in 2007.. I had extremely high hopes after the 2-2 in Milan in the first leg

God I love(d) those 2005-2007 Bayern squads

do you guys think xavi makes that list of 15? he is pretty much retired

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    do you guys think xavi makes that list of 15? he is pretty much retired
    I would put him in there, probably my favourite eye test player of all time. I could jerk it to his passes all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOT351TD6k

I wanna put Roberto Carlos somewhere in there

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Healthy Barcelona Ronaldo was probably the best player ever. Skillwise on Messi's level but his body was way superior.
    Still did well in the Italian league which I remember was absolutely stacked with world class defenders. The Spanish league is so top heavy in talent. It's like watching the Eastern conference of the NBA lol... only a few teams are legitimately title contenders while almost every year the West has at least 5 legit teams up until the last month or so when it comes down to about 3-4.

A few years ago when I was in Barcelona, they had an old match replayed at the hotel I was at. I believe I remember hearing Ronaldo's name a few times. Was barely paying attention though.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Still did well in the Italian league which I remember was absolutely stacked with world class defenders. The Spanish league is so top heavy in talent. It's like watching the Eastern conference of the NBA lol... only a few teams are legitimately title contenders while almost every year the West has at least 5 legit teams up until the last month or so when it comes down to about 3-4.

A few years ago when I was in Barcelona, they had an old match replayed at the hotel I was at. I believe I remember hearing Ronaldo's name a few times. Was barely paying attention though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iXOMPo7cEI

Messiesque

Was watching 2011 Ronaldo stuff and nearly cried.. I love him Gonna miss him so much... the GREATEST.

People now tend to forger or gloss over how significantly of a superior player Ronaldo was in 2013 and 2014 since Messi's TEAM did well in 2015. Messi had former Barca players come out and critique him, I think Cruyff made a suggestion of selling Messi... you'd look at the Barca forum, and anytime they went deep into the Champions League they were fed up with him, his lazy on pitch antics, theatrics, coaching troubles (rumours), and subpar big game play, which was the reason between him and Ronaldo, who delievered, time and time again....

This cannot be forgotten. Ronaldo was better from the start, right up until 2009, then Messi shined, got too many Ballon D'Ors, and Ronaldo, realistically, took over again and since 2012... it was infuriating seing Messi win that Ballon, since Ronaldo did just about everything right in the crucial matches, where as Messi flaundered... hell, people got upset and were confused at Messi finishing 2nd at the Ballon in 2013 over Ribery and 2014 over Neuer. In 2014 Neymar/Valdez looked most decisive to Barca.

Simply the title count can't/doesn't represent all this.. Ronaldo's historically was more so on the bad side of luck, with the 2010 League, 2012 Cup/CL/EURO's, 2013 Cup, 2014 League, 2015 League/CL.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

No landon Donovan? SMH

[COLOR="White"]Trololololoollol[/COLOR]

AW you seem like a nice kid but you are way off on your messi-cr topics..

stats might be close but you have to understand there are two things that separate messi and CR.. one is, messi is a natural god-like talent. second is, messi is a big game player.. he has dominated 95% of the big matches he played in ( so yeah feel free to mention the Copa, WC and that chelsea match as the 5%).. CR's choking abilities are well documented

and other thing, refer to him in another way because the only guy who has a place in this thread is the real Ronaldo. The thread isnt about active players

And stephhamann R9 had more strength but messi probably has the goat body control
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0gS5CshUDE

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    AW you seem like a nice kid but you are way off on your messi-cr topics..

stats might be close but you have to understand there are two things that separate messi and CR.. one is, messi is a natural god-like talent. second is, messi is a big game player.. he has dominated 95% of the big matches he played in ( so yeah feel free to mention the Copa, WC and that chelsea match as the 5%).. CR's choking abilities are well documented

and other thing, refer to him in another way because the only guy who has a place in this thread is the real Ronaldo. The thread isnt about active players

And stephhamann R9 had more strength but messi probably has the goat body control
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0gS5CshUDE

We can't call it that anymore... the 'fake' Ronaldo is now the superior of the 2.

Anyway, I'll look up other years, but I have 2013 for big games on me right now.

Big-matches

Ronaldo:

R16 Tie vs Manchester United - 2 matches, 2 goals
    R8 Tie vs Galatasay Istanbul – 2 matches, 3 goals
    R4 Tie vs Borussia Dortmund - 2 matches, 1 goal

CDR SF vs Barcelona - 2 matches, 2 goals (decides 2nd leg himself in a dominating win)
    CDR Final vs Atl

Just one fact that shows how superior Messi is.

Messi never shots freekicks in his first few seasons, one summer he said he only trained freekicks and he instantly becomes way better than "Mr. Western"

AW, was 2013 really better than 2014? take away the complete disaster at the end of la liga and his pathetic CL final he had a great season.. the closest to messi he has ever gotten..

2012-2013 he had around the same number of goals as falcao until the very end iirc.. they needed ref help to get past a pathetic united team.. galatasaray big game? you dont see me mentioning messi's 5 goals against leverkusen as a big game.. because its not.. they were also huge favorites against dortmund.. CR got completely outshined by the likes of blaszczykowski

what happened in the CDR final i forgot.. oh yeah, they lost. in another match where they were huge favorites.. those game werent supposed to be even BIG.. so he disappeared and lost in games that werent even supposed to be big.. messi was injured during that whole knockout stage.. didnt even play that 2nd leg against bayern.. 60 goals that season.. not bad for his 'let me take a quick breath' season..