Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Team USA Minicamp

Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin will participate in next month's USA Basketball minicamp in Las Vegas and hopes to play in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, a league source told ESPN.

A source told ESPN's Calvin Watkins that Houston Rockets shooting guard James Harden will also attend the minicamp with the hopes of securing a spot on next summer's Olympic team.

Sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein, meanwhile, that the newly crowned champion Golden State Warriors expect to have four representatives at the minicamp: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes.

Sources told Stein that Memphis Grizzlies guard Mike Conley has also accepted his recent invitation to attend the camp, with Washington's Bradley Beal, Utah's Gordon Hayward and Portland's Mason Plumlee (who played on the World Cup team last summer) also planning to attend.

The San Antonio Express-News, meanwhile, reported Sunday that newly re-signed star swingman Kawhi Leonard will make himself available for the camp after Leonard bypassed national team invites the past two summers.

The New York Post reported earlier this week that Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, to that end, plans to attend the minicamp even though he's unlikely to participate in any basketball activities so soon after knee surgery. Anthony would be attending purely to state his availability for the 2016 squad.

Other top players who, like Anthony, are still recovering from injuries but could be camp attendees include Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, Indiana's Paul George and Cleveland's Kevin Love.
    Good news all around, but more importantly, how sick will next year's 2016 Team USA be? It seems like more and more guys WANT to play for the team. I love it.

Let's just run this lineup:

Harden
    George
    Durant
    Leonard
    Love

If Lebron didn't play (don't see why he wouldn't).

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

Default Re: Team USA Minicamp

Need more bigs than Love, Griffin, and Plumlee. Gimme Demarcus out there or something

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by AboutBuckets
    Need more bigs than Love, Griffin, and Plumlee. Gimme Demarcus out there or something
    how much help does curry need?

Banned

I thought Tobias Harris and Victor Oladipo were invited to this? Or are they on the scrimmage team again? I swear another site said they had been invited to the camp to try out for the actual team though because it was a surprise.

Don't expect Lillard to be there.

"The Trail Blazers’ guard was the final cuts from Team USA last year before the FIBA World Cup, Kyrie Irving got that spot, and he seems a little bitter about this. He was on the Jody Mac show on CBSSports Radio Saturday and had this exchange:

Jody Mac: Are you headed to Vegas next month?
    Lillard: Probably not.
    Jody Mac: Why Not?
    Lillard: I did it the last few summers and last summer I didn’t make it. I don’t know why I would go. After I got cut last summer, I don’t think I’m a part of it.

ESPN’s Marc Stein reported that Lillard was expected to be there, although it doesn’t sound like it from this interview.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Between that and the allstar snub comments, Dame is kind of a bitch.

[QUOTE=Hey Yo]Don't expect Lillard to be there.

"The Trail Blazers

Quote Originally Posted by AboutBuckets
    Dont need a big in weird world basketball.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

Chandler Parsons and DeMar DeRozan also going to join the camp.

Very good NBA starter

Curry
    Harden
    Lebron
    Durant
    Davis

What about Davis?

If Davis and Lebron don't play for whatever reason, it's actually a pretty meh roster in comparison to 2008 and 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

Chandler Parsons and DeMar DeRozan also going to join the camp.
    I think they would be better off with Iguodala than either of those guys, although he's getting older so he probably wants to rest during the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    What about Davis?

If Davis and Lebron don't play for whatever reason, it's actually a pretty meh roster in comparison to 2008 and 2012.
    It's not the full list, just those that have confirmed.

I have zero.doubt Davis will play.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Good news all around, but more importantly, how sick will next year's 2016 Team USA be? It seems like more and more guys WANT to play for the team. I love it.
    Yeah that's nice to see. It used to be that the big stars generally did not want to.

"USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo has mandated that any player that wants to compete for a spot in next summer's Olympics must attend the minicamp, even if they can't participate due to injury.

Love is still recovering from a shoulder injury and will not be ready to play in next month's minicamp, while USA Today reports Durant will attend despite not being able to compete due to a foot injury.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/07/26/usa...?xid=si_social